"Good guy" with gun shoots car jacking victim, then flees.

I believe what happens to some who simply obtain a handgun, strap it on and go out in public is their thoughts are filled with fanciful notions about their armed status and its responsibilities. So when something stressful takes place they have no substantive reference to manage their response and they do the wrong thing, which probably accounts for this fellow's precipitous action. I'm sure if he had been properly instructed he would have been more restrained.
A number of states allow concealed carry w/o a permit.
A large number of states allow open carry w/o a permit.
How often does the scenario you envision actually materialize?
Further, Texas requires training to obtain a CCW -- why didn't shooter's training prevent this from happening?
Subpar training.

Before you may legally drive (own) a car you must be trained not only in how to properly use it but in the rules of the road. Requiring some essential training does not prevent one from driving (owning) a car -- or carrying a gun. It just makes our crowded world safer.
You do not need a DL to buy a car.
You do not need a DL to own a car.
You do not need a DL to have a car on your property/in your house
You do not need a DL to operate a car on private property.

Never mind that gun ownership is a right and driving on public roads is a privilege.

MOTOR VEHICLE VIOLATIONS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY

There are some folks whose gun fetish is so firmly entrenched that I suspect that they have an orgasm every time they stroke it. Even suggesting that they leave their gun at home is equivalent of asking someone to give up sex. I doubt it if they could, even if they wanted to.

There are some folks whose gun fetish is so firmly entrenched that I suspect that they have an orgasm every time they stroke it. Even suggesting that they leave their gun at home is equivalent of asking someone to give up sex. I doubt it if they could, even if they wanted to.
I honestly see no need to have a gun in public. I cant imagine how frightened someone must be to carry a gun. I remember the only time I wanted to carry a gun was growing up where I was constantly worried about being killed by the police or a gang banger.

Before you may legally drive (own) a car you must be trained not only in how to properly use it but in the rules of the road. Requiring some essential training does not prevent one from driving (owning) a car -- or carrying a gun. It just makes our crowded world safer.
Never mind that gun ownership is a right and driving on public roads is a privilege.
:lol:
You cited 2 examples from one state with regard to the operation of a car on private property.
Does not change the fact that:
You do not need a DL to operate a car on private property, except under certain circumstances, in CT.

If one is trained in the use of a hand gun, CCW is no big deal. The problem is that you have folks, who want to kill people, legally. And there are others who see themselves as a balding, pot bellied John Rambo out there to save the world.

You cited 2 examples from one state with regard to the operation of a car on private property.
You do not need a DL to operate a car on private property, except under certain circumstances, in CT.
Except for the change in private property use, you are spamming. Reported.

Which shot 2 holes in your argument.

By the way, when you purchase a car from a Dealership in NYC or New Jersey, you are required to show your Drivers License.

Personally? I have no problem with a person having a shotgun, bolt action rifle or revolver on their private property.

It's the public space that I am concerned about.

Like this fuck thinking he is a cop and shooting the victim.

That's the kind of bullshit your mentality invites.

You do need one to drive the car on public roads. Taking a gun out into the public is analogous to driving a car.

If one is trained in the use of a hand gun, CCW is no big deal. The problem is that you have folks, who want to kill people, legally. And there are others who see themselves as a balding, pot bellied John Rambo out there to save the world.
The weird thing is that those same John Rambos would be quiet as church mice without their guns.

Your exceptions nothing to my first three points and only only lessens the 4th to a situationally limited degree.
By the way, when you purchase a car from a Dealership in NYC or New Jersey, you are required to show your Drivers License.
Prove it.
Even if true, this means nothing because you can buy cars from somewhere other than an NY/NJ car dealer w/o doing so.

Your exceptions nothing to my first three points and only only lessens the 4th to a situationally limited degree.
Prove it.
Even if true, this means nothing because you can buy cars from somewhere other than an NY/NJ car dealer w/o doing so.

Prove what?

I purchased a car several years ago. They asked for my license before a test drive.

Additionally they needed to see it before I drove it home.

Are you really this stupid?

Prove it.
You keep missing the point. Driving a car in public is the same as carrying a weapon in public. The only real difference is that the car was not invented with the sole purpose of killing something.

If I was a homicide detective, I don't think I would buy that story.
Me neither. The shooter ran off, so how do we know that the shooter was not involved in the attempted car jacking and was trying to hasten the theft by shooting the owner of the truck?

We don't know the shooters intentions. All that is supposition by the Houston police department and it politically appointed leadership. And as incompetent as the HPD is, if they think the shooter was trying to help, it is a virtual certainty he was trying to help the car jackers.

Prove it.

Prove what?

I purchased a car several years ago. They asked for my license before a test drive.

Are you really this stupid?

Every car or truck I have bought only needed a photo ID, not necessarily a DL. In fact once my wife had my DL at the time and so I used my Utah CCW that has a photo and my address etc. So I didn't have to show my VA DL.

So no, M14 shooter is not being stupid, it just that you are being presumptive about things in your area being universal.

Prove it.
Prove what?
That you cannot buy a car from a dealership in NY or NJ w/o a driver's license.
You needed the license for the test drive, You needed it to drive off the lot.
Certainly you aren't so stupid to believe that this proves you needed it to buy the car.

Forum List

Back