Good Job GOP. Filibustered a bill to help Vets.

Harry Reid blocked amendments from being considered.

Blame lies with him.

McConnell was putting completely UNRELATED amendments into the bill to issue MORE sanctions on IRAN.

How the fuck is that intended to help veterans?

What..starting another war?

Haven't there been enough, lately?

Welcome to US Politics bub......you think Republicans are the only ones who add unrelated amendments to legislation??

:rofl:

You sort of miss the point. Zander.

Demanding that they tack completely unrelated issues on the VETERANS' BILL, served no purpose other than to provide the GOP an excuse for screwing the veterans.

If the GOP so loves its VETS (thank you for your service) then it would NOT sully VETERANS' related bills with NON VETERANS' issues.

So fuck the GOP, says this vet.

Last edited:
Hmm..

Just checking the first bill tells a different story than the one you paint there Zander..

==And==

H.R. 12?the Paycheck Fairness Act of 2009 | Republican Study Committee (RSC)

You pick this shit up from Alex Jones or something?

Not sure what your point is? The list was from 2010- as I stated in my post. My point is simple - LOTS OF BILLS DON'T EVER GET VOTED ON IN THE SENATE.

The Republicans objected to the bill because .....

Political games, as usual......

Ahh.

But weren't you the guys who let an unemployment extension die last December? You guys don't care about anyone but yourselves.

Republicans blocked that.

And this thread isn't about that. If you feel that the issue is important enough?

Start a new thread.

Um no. Democrats wanted unemployment benefits, went home without extending them. Caring, aren't they? And you accuse Republicans of doing something sinister? They both did something sinister. So take that angelic halo off your head before you choke yourself to death with it.

Don't you dare try to deflect, coward.

(PS: I'll post wherever the hell I want, tyvm.)

What fucking planet are you on?

Democrats wanted to pass a budget. The only political way feasible to do that was to compromise with Republicans. Republicans DID NOT WANT the extension.

UNLIKE REPUBLICANS, Democrats want the government to FUNCTION. So they compromised.

It's not ideal and they probably thought they could take the matter up later.

NOW..stick to the fucking topic.

McConnell was putting completely UNRELATED amendments into the bill to issue MORE sanctions on IRAN.

Wow so your just now discovering that BOTH parties put completely UNRELATED amendments into bills? That is when the two parties are supposed to compromise to work out a bill both can agree on not block the amendments and let the bill die exactly how did doing that help the veterans?

That's true. Both parties pull this shit.

But now?

Republicans hold the record for pulling this shit. They hold the record for filibusters. They hold the record for least amount of legislation passed through congress. They hold the record for obstruction.

I thought Republicans loved veterans. (Well not really, they basically just love sending them off to war. Helping them? Not so much)
Congrats your first sentence was true and honest the rest was just your standard talking points.

Welcome to US Politics bub......you think Republicans are the only ones who add unrelated amendments to legislation??

You sort of miss the point. Zander.

Demanding that they tack completely unrelated issues on the VETERANS' BILL, served no purpose other than to provide the GOP an excuse for screwing the veterans.

If the GOP so loves its VETS (thank you for your service) then it would NOT sully VETERANS' related bills with NON VETERANS' issues.

So fuck the GOP, says this vet.

No I did not miss the point. Congress does this shit all of the time. It only becomes an issue when one party thinks they can score political points against the other.......

No just dont be surprised when you get the blame. Sorry the "Hey they put in amendments once" wont work on the Vets who see this.

I am a vet. It doesn't bother me a bit.

Next week this story will be 100% dead.....
According to the GOP our Veterans aren't worth it!!!

Veterans Groups Blast Republicans Over Failed Bill - Business Insider

And this from the American Legion:
“I don’t know how anyone who voted ‘no’ today can look a veteran in the eye and justify that vote,” American Legion national commander Daniel M. Dellinger told WaPo. “Our veterans deserve more than what they got today
Some Republicans reasoned that the bill would be too costly for the budget, but others, led by Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) tried to add new sanctions against Iran to the bill that the White House has strongly opposed, according to Reuters.

No just dont be surprised when you get the blame. Sorry the "Hey they put in amendments once" wont work on the Vets who see this.

“I don’t know how anyone who voted ‘no’ today can look a veteran in the eye and justify that vote,” American Legion national commander Daniel M. Dellinger told WaPo. “Our veterans deserve more than what they got today
Some Republicans reasoned that the bill would be too costly for the budget, but others, led by Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) tried to add new sanctions against Iran to the bill that the White House has strongly opposed, according to Reuters.

Like I said- adding unrelated amendments to bills is only an "issue" when one party believes it can score political points against the other.......:badgrin:

Wow so your just now discovering that BOTH parties put completely UNRELATED amendments into bills? That is when the two parties are supposed to compromise to work out a bill both can agree on not block the amendments and let the bill die exactly how did doing that help the veterans?

That's true. Both parties pull this shit.

But now?

Republicans hold the record for pulling this shit. They hold the record for filibusters. They hold the record for least amount of legislation passed through congress. They hold the record for obstruction.

I thought Republicans loved veterans. (Well not really, they basically just love sending them off to war. Helping them? Not so much)
Congrats your first sentence was true and honest the rest was just your standard talking points.

No..they were all true.

Congress managed to pass the fewest bills in history.

US Congress in 2013 Passes Fewest Laws in History

That's a fact.

Since 2010, we've had a record number of filibusters.

3 Charts Explain Why Democrats Went Nuclear on the Filibuster | Mother Jones

That's a fact.

Mitch McConnell said he wanted Obama to be a one term President. That's never been a mission statement of either party at the START of a Presidential Administration.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gM-1HbK4qU]Mitch McConnell Reaffirms His Top Priority To Limit Barack Obama To One Term - YouTube[/ame]

That's a fact.

And now the GOP has filibustered a bill set to help vets.

That's a fact.

How many times do we have to say it? Your freaking guy won the election lefties. Barry Hussein could "help Vets" at the stroke of a pen like he is helping (only) Black kids. With the cooperation of the dishonest media the low information left has managed to selectively characterize every political maneuver of the minority party as some sort of threat. It beats talking about real issues anyway.

Like I said- adding unrelated amendments to bills is only an "issue" when one party believes it can score political points against the other.......:badgrin:
Like I said, the GOP say you, as a vet, are not worth it!

I don't care and neither does anyone else, except partisan hacks anxious to score meaningless political points.

The GOP is running out of new groups of constituents to offend. We will know that they are at the end of the road when they figure out how to offend Midwest farmers....

Nice guys..

WTF.

Really..:mad:
It is a shame that republicans do not realize that in this day and age they are fooling nobody when they write a good piece of legislation and then purposely sabotage it by putting in a rider that will cause the bill to be defeated. The case in point is their writing a bill for vets and then tying it to sanctions on Iran to insure it does not get passed. IF they really wanted to help vets they would have written a bill that only included veteran issues and NOT sanctions on Iran.

Because they say they want to "save money". That's why they sank the bill. Course, they spent money recklessly on Iraq. Then there were the deficit creating Bush tax cuts. The deregulated economy costing trillions. The cost of treating tens of thousands of Americans maimed in Iraq cost trillions into the future.

But don't worry. They want to get rid of Social Security and Medicare. Republicans will screw over this country yet. Never give up, never surrender.
Just out of curiosity, is there a puppet-master pulling your strings?

Your reply is disjointed and full of lies.

Like I said, the Democrats have shown that the people are not worth much, given the bills they have torpedoed with amendments and poison pills.

Like I said, the Democrats have shown that the people are not worth much, given the bills they have torpedoed with amendments and poison pills.

You can link them, I'm sure.

Nice guys..

Senate GOP Blocks Veterans Benefits Bill
By Arlette Saenz
@ArletteSaenz
Follow on Twitter

Feb 27, 2014 3:31pm

Senate Republicans derailed efforts to move forward with a $21 billion bill to enhance health care, education and job benefits for veterans.

Republicans stopped the veterans bill from moving on a procedural vote, which needed 60 votes. The final tally was 56-41.

Republicans and Democrats normally agree on the need to enhance benefits for the nation’s 22 million veterans and their families, but Republican senators wanted to lower the amount of spending in the bill. The GOP senators also wanted to include a measure that would have imposed new sanctions against Iran, which President Obama has warned against doing at this time. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid blocked the amendments from being considered.

“Shame on the Republicans for bringing base politics into a bill to help the veterans,” Reid said on the Senate floor Thursday morning.

The bill would have improved benefits for veterans, including better health care and dental services provided by the VA. It also would have guaranteed post-9/11 veterans access to in-state tuition rates at public colleges and universities in any state.
Senate GOP Blocks Veterans Benefits Bill - ABC News

WTF.

Really..:mad:

More evidence the GOP really only cares about themselves and their own interests.

Not surprising the cons here are defending the GOP in this matter.

Hypocrites.

Forum List

Back