Good Job Officer (video)

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
When will these "people" ever learn?

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Mod Edit - Video contains graphic imagery

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my opinion which won't be the popular opinion.

First of all the cop is a piss poor shot.

Second the cop caused this by putting himself in danger. Yes, the man should have complied but he was drunk thus any behavior can be expected.

Thirdly the cop could have well be shot by someone in the house, or someone in the house could have came out and to help the shot man.

The cop had the car, had the address and knew where the man would be. In my opinion he should not have fought with the man alone, he should have waited for back up. Considering all he really wanted the man for was DUI the situation should never have escalated to the point of someone being shot. The cop being sober is the only one capable of making a rational decision.

When will these "people" ever learn?

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Absolutely not, these people will NEVER learn. It's a younger generation thing, I'm convinced. We were raised to not provoke authority, and why that message/practice ever got lost is beyond me. I wouldn't want to be a cop now for anything, and there's no way I'd have the patience this officer demonstrated. Additionally, the hysterics of the woman in the house was over the top. I didn't even react that way when losing my soul mate of thirty-five years. Complete drama queen, and she could see the offender was still moving, so what gives with that? Dumb, dumb!

• Banned
I would have loved to have been that cop and get rid of that POS

Second the cop caused this by putting himself in danger. Yes, the man should have complied but he was drunk thus any behavior can be expected.

Thirdly the cop could have well be shot by someone in the house, or someone in the house could have came out and to help the shot man.

The cop had the car, had the address and knew where the man would be. In my opinion he should not have fought with the man alone, he should have waited for back up. Considering all he really wanted the man for was DUI the situation should never have escalated to the point of someone being shot. The cop being sober is the only one capable of making a rational decision.

WOW liberal redardation never ceases to amaze. You do nothing but blame the cop. Pathetic....but...expected from a lib.

Yes...the cop put himself in danger. That's kinda a cops job. See dangerous unlawful situation....go fix it.

Yes...anyone from the house could've ambushed him. That's why he A) called backup and B) needed to immediately get the situation under control

Finally...you liberals are SO IN LOVE with this shit about "Oh you have his tag and know where he lived". Well...so what? Wouldn't that encourage every DUI driver to flee to get home? Guess what....you can't charge him with DUI without sobriety tests done right there. If he goes inside....and they negotiate for 2 hours to get him out....he can say he drank alcohol inside. No DUI.

And seeing as DUI drivers kill MORE PEOPLE PER YEAR THAN ARE MURDERED BY GUNS....I'd think you liberal idiots would be ok with it.

*not to mention if he gets inside...he can ditch any contraband he has. Like the gun he was illegally possessing.

Everything you said is valid, but the cop was right to shoot him when the guy pulled out his gun.

Everything you said is valid, but the cop was right to shoot him when the guy pulled out his gun.

Of course, but the cop could have prevented that from happening.

WOW liberal redardation never ceases to amaze. You do nothing but blame the cop. Pathetic....but...expected from a lib.

First of all you don't really know me, if you did you would know Reagan wishes he were as conservative as I am.

Yes...the cop put himself in danger. That's kinda a cops job. See dangerous unlawful situation....go fix it.

Yes...anyone from the house could've ambushed him. That's why he A) called backup and B) needed to immediately get the situation under control

Finally...you liberals are SO IN LOVE with this shit about "Oh you have his tag and know where he lived". Well...so what? Wouldn't that encourage every DUI driver to flee to get home? Guess what....you can't charge him with DUI without sobriety tests done right there. If he goes inside....and they negotiate for 2 hours to get him out....he can say he drank alcohol inside. No DUI.

And seeing as DUI drivers kill MORE PEOPLE PER YEAR THAN ARE MURDERED BY GUNS....I'd think you liberal idiots would be ok with it.

*not to mention if he gets inside...he can ditch any contraband he has. Like the gun he was illegally possessing.

First of all you don't really know me, if you did you would know Reagan wishes he were as conservative as I am.

Putting oneself in danger is something I would pray that police only do to save a life, their own or someone else. In this situation the officer did not do that, he put his own life in danger for what I see as no good reason.

He didn't do a very good job of getting the situation under control, a man was shot.

The offense for which that man was being stopped was over. Do you think that the cops should end up shooting every person who is too drunk to have the common sense to comply? What was the end result if the cop didn't do what he did and the man escaped? Nothing. Yes, he would have gotten away with a DUI which many a man has and still does. But there wouldn't have been a shooting and the cop would not have been put in harms way.

As I said, this wasn't a DUI check point stop. I do not fault the cop for stopping the man. His actions afterwards I question. When I used to interview cops for a position on our police force my primary questions dealt with this type of situations. i asked them when and for what reason would they use their gun. I would ask them would they use them to try and stop a car after a routine stop. None said they would and if they had I would have voted not to hire them.

Evidence not presented in the video.

I think you are reacting to liking seeing someone get shot for being a dumb ass. All I can say is I read a lot of posts on these boards and if people start getting shot for being a drunk dumb ass there will be far less posts on this board.

I support the police and think they have a tough job. But in these types of situations I think there are better ways for the situation to be handled.

Thank you for making my morning just a little bit brighter with this thread. :eusa_dance:

Of course, but the cop could have prevented that from happening.

Un huh, sure, you bet ya. The cop is alive today because he acted appropriately. Get a clue, nitwit!

Putting oneself in danger is something I would pray that police only do to save a life, their own or someone else. In this situation the officer did not do that, he put his own life in danger for what I see as no good reason.

He didn't do a very good job of getting the situation under control, a man was shot.

The offense for which that man was being stopped was over. Do you think that the cops should end up shooting every person who is too drunk to have the common sense to comply? What was the end result if the cop didn't do what he did and the man escaped? Nothing. Yes, he would have gotten away with a DUI which many a man has and still does. But there wouldn't have been a shooting and the cop would not have been put in harms way.

As I said, this wasn't a DUI check point stop. I do not fault the cop for stopping the man. His actions afterwards I question. When I used to interview cops for a position on our police force my primary questions dealt with this type of situations. i asked them when and for what reason would they use their gun. I would ask them would they use them to try and stop a car after a routine stop. None said they would and if they had I would have voted not to hire them.

I think you are reacting to liking seeing someone get shot for being a dumb ass. All I can say is I read a lot of posts on these boards and if people start getting shot for being a drunk dumb ass there will be far less posts on this board.

I support the police and think they have a tough job. But in these types of situations I think there are better ways for the situation to be handled.

Arresting drunk drivers SAVES LIVES....since they kill more per year than guns.

So....the cop put himself in danger...to enforce DUI laws. Which saves lives.

You do understand that man was not driving?

What I have a problem with is the measured two seconds between the time the cop says "drop it" (twice) and when he finally decides to shoot. The time for him to shoot was the instant he saw the subject's gun come out. To issue a warning under those circumstances was utterly suicidal and uncalled for.

You do understand that man was not driving?

Sure looked like the drunk was driving. What's your point?

It looked like the perp was trying to runaway no?
If so, then the cop was in the right to hold him there. He cannot let him run around drunk and belligerent.
I will disagree with Freewill that the officer escalated the situation, he did not. The perp did by resisting aggressively and attempting to leave the scene multiple times.
By the shrill in his voice literally pleading the man to drop the gun - the officer clearly shows he did not want to shoot him and had no choice to do so.
It is 100% the perps fault this happen.

Forum List

Back