Good teaching tool for early teaching in biology

I'm not so sure about that. There is no evidence for supernatural creation by any of the gods.

On the other hand, we have overwhelming, verifiable evidence of biological evolution.
Both theories require 'magic', but only one has a 'magician'. :bowdown:

Both theories require 'magic', but only one has a 'magician'. :bowdown:
What magic is required for peer reviewed science?

Are antibiotics the result of magic?

Determining the planet is not flat took no magic. It took the waning influence of the church.

Sorry, I should have said faith is the doorway to Godly knowledge. The pathway is doing the will of God in your life. :bowdown:

The Christian understands that faith is proof without evidence.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

You've basically made a good argument for the 'foolishness' of religion, which makes perfect sense to the unbeliever.

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Of course, spirituality isn't 'rational' to the unbeliever.
I don't see faith as any doorway to godly knowledge. With the multitude of different faiths now and formerly existing, are we to understand that a multitude of gods now and formerly existed?

What happened to Amun Ra, to Zeus? Early retirement?

As to ''spirituality" being rational, what is ''spirituality''?

What magic is required for peer reviewed science?
Note that this cartoon doesn't take place in a church.
1662038162307.png

I don't see faith as any doorway to godly knowledge. With the multitude of different faiths now and formerly existing, are we to understand that a multitude of gods now and formerly existed?

What happened to Amun Ra, to Zeus? Early retirement?

As to ''spirituality" being rational, what is ''spirituality''?
Spirituality is living according to a higher principle.

Last edited:
Godly knowledge isn't complicated. Just do the right thing and you'll get the picture.

Spirituality is living according to a higher principle.
Ah, a "higher principle". That may be true for some individuals. You seem like a nice person who may very well embody such a view. That, from my perspective, is the exception. Religion and claims to a "higher principle" are often used as an arrogant appeal to moral superiority. Groups of religionists tend to behave badly. The history of religions shows those competing groups of "higher principled" religionists tend to be determined by human body count.

It’s remarkable how reactive some religious people can be as they assume that any questioning of their beliefs is tantamount to an attack on their beliefs. Direct, sometimes blunt observations and critique of a belief system is just not something most religionsts react well to. We see that in various threads where religionists, in a public discussion forum, lash out like petulant children when their claims to gods are met with some pretty obvious questions.

The only external examples of the religion which we can use to assess the ideology are the adherents of the religion. Overall, those external examples are chilling in view of the wars and brutality inflicted by the religious entities.

Ah, a "higher principle". That may be true for some individuals. You seem like a nice person who may very well embody such a view. That, from my perspective, is the exception. Religion and claims to a "higher principle" are often used as an arrogant appeal to moral superiority. Groups of religionists tend to behave badly. The history of religions shows those competing groups of "higher principled" religionists tend to be determined by human body count.

It’s remarkable how reactive some religious people can be as they assume that any questioning of their beliefs is tantamount to an attack on their beliefs. Direct, sometimes blunt observations and critique of a belief system is just not something most religionsts react well to. We see that in various threads where religionists, in a public discussion forum, lash out like petulant children when their claims to gods are met with some pretty obvious questions.

The only external examples of the religion which we can use to assess the ideology are the adherents of the religion. Overall, those external examples are chilling in view of the wars and brutality inflicted by the religious entities.

Truly spiritual people are the exception, even in the church. Most are young in the faith, with one foot still in the world. Conversion is a process, not an event.

Don't confuse nominal Christianity with true spirituality. The Church has always been infected with evil influences that rise to positions of power.

Last edited:
Am I supposed to do your book report for you? Try making an actual argument in your own words.
Also, there was no resurrection. That is a lie. Resurrection is impossible.
The 'argument' is well known. I just assumed you hadn't heard of it.

Truly spiritual people are the exception, even in the church. Most are young in the faith, with one foot still in the world. Conversion is a process, not an event.

Don't confuse nominal Christianity with true spirituality. The Church has always been infected with evil influences that rise to positions of power.
I can't say I know what a true Christian is. There are a lot of posts from different posters who claim to be true Christians with definitive insight as to what that means.

Forum List

Back