Goodbye NFL.

I'm not sure why it's bad for Tim Tebow to take a knee, but not Capernick and the rest for the NFL.

The obvious reason is very pathetic.

Tim Tebow kind of trivialized his faith, didn't he? God can't cure war or famine or racism or disease, but he can rig the outcome of a football game?

Is that sort of like building a stadium with a hole in the top and saying the Cowboys are god's team?

Their efforts, both on and off the field, help bring people together and make our community stronger.

Yeah, not so much when you disrespect the nation's flag, anthem, and vets who died for them and who are still serving and sacrificing for them.

I have the utmost respect for Brady, but going 'all in' to defend the actions of the NFL players as if they did nothing wrong?! I disagree, and so do a lot of Americans.

I fully support the players' right to do what they did while disagreeing with it. I also support fans' responses, whatever they may be.

according to YOU and the rest of the emo parrots, nfl players have been "disrespectful".

doesn't matter how many times they state their honorable intentions, dishonest emos continue to MELT. :eusa_clap:

“We were all obviously conflicted. We knew our message would be perceived by a lot of people in a way that wasn't what we were trying to put out," said McCourty, wearing a black and white t-shirt with the phrase, "No Place for Racism, Facism, Sexism and Hate."

“We wanted to come together first and foremost,” McCourty said. “We hate that people are going to see it as we don't respect the military and the men and women that are way braver than us, that go and put their life on the line every day for us to have the right to play football.

“Guys have family members – fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters that serve – and they were really conflicted about it. But we just wanted to send a message of unity and being together and not standing for the disrespect and different ways guys felt. So many different things going through a lot of guys heads and it was unique to see guys kind of come together and bond together as a group before the game, and do that.

“It was great to be a part of a lot of guys trying to do the right thing. Obviously it won't be seen as the right thing to everybody, but I think in our hearts, what we focused on the most, was that we were trying to do the right thing today. I'm proud of our guys and I'm proud of the group and the guys I get to go out and play football with.

“They are better people than they are football players."

Devin McCourty explains why Patriots knelt during national anthem

ap_rams_49ers_football_85161616.jpg

dallas-cowboys-kneeling-ap-jef-170925_12x5_992.jpg

“We came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, during the anthem as a peaceful protest,” “We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.” In light of President Trump suggesting NFL owners should fire any “son of a bitch” who protests the national anthem, Reid added: “It baffles me that our protest is still being misconstrued as disrespectful to the country, flag and military personnel. We chose it because it’s exactly the opposite. It has always been my understanding that the brave men and women who fought and died for our country did so to ensure that we could live in a fair and free society, which includes the right to speak out in protest.”

http://www.theroot.com/10-things-less-disrespectful-than-kneeling-during-the-a-1818730392
let me ask you what have anyone of those athletes done to stop violence against blacks? do they go to the neighborhoods and listen to the issues, do they visit police stations to find out the issues? do they hold meetings in towns to learn what is what and help remove the issue? the answer is mostly no. where were they last week? do you think people paying 100 dollars a ticked really care about their bullshit fued with trump? how childish it is all me, me, me with them. they are disrespectful bunch accept a few. JJ Watt stepped up. And we know these big ass buffoons beat women. they have parties and rape women and hit them and treat them like scum. fk them and their beef. play the game they came to the stadium to play or go home.

Oh and one more thing, are they presuming there isn't any police issues with whites? LOL what a bunch of losers.

Last edited:
Ok, so the non-political, strict anti-promotion / anti-protest NFL has united to knee down during the National Anthem.

Interesting....

This is the same NFL that refused to allow the Dallas Cowboys wear decals on their helmets honoring 'fallen' / murdered Dallas Policemen.
-- NFL won't let Cowboys wear decals supporting Dallas police in regular season

This is the same NFL who threatened to fire a Tennessee Titans linebacker for wearing patriotic cleats in honor of the 3,000 Americans killed on 9/11/01
-- http://nypost.com/2016/09/09/police...e-to-pay-players-fine-if-he-wears-911-cleats/

This is the same NFL that fined a player for wearing 'Find the Cure' strips under his eyes after his mother died of cancer.
-- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...form-rules-wearing-kit-supporting-causes.html

This is the same NFL that fined a Steelers Cornerback for wearing purple cleats in honor of his mother, who was shot dead in a domestic violence incident.
-- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...form-rules-wearing-kit-supporting-causes.html

This is the same NFL that fined a Steeler DE for eye-black in honor of his father who died from cancer.
-- Steelers: DE Cameron Heyward fined for eye-black tribute to late father

How do you spell 'HYPOCRITE'?

N*F*L

Their efforts, both on and off the field, help bring people together and make our community stronger.

Yeah, not so much when you disrespect the nation's flag, anthem, and vets who died for them and who are still serving and sacrificing for them.

I have the utmost respect for Brady, but going 'all in' to defend the actions of the NFL players as if they did nothing wrong?! I disagree, and so do a lot of Americans.

I fully support the players' right to do what they did while disagreeing with it. I also support fans' responses, whatever they may be.

according to YOU and the rest of the emo parrots, nfl players have been "disrespectful".

doesn't matter how many times they state their honorable intentions, dishonest emos continue to MELT. :eusa_clap:

“We were all obviously conflicted. We knew our message would be perceived by a lot of people in a way that wasn't what we were trying to put out," said McCourty, wearing a black and white t-shirt with the phrase, "No Place for Racism, Facism, Sexism and Hate."

“We wanted to come together first and foremost,” McCourty said. “We hate that people are going to see it as we don't respect the military and the men and women that are way braver than us, that go and put their life on the line every day for us to have the right to play football.

“Guys have family members – fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters that serve – and they were really conflicted about it. But we just wanted to send a message of unity and being together and not standing for the disrespect and different ways guys felt. So many different things going through a lot of guys heads and it was unique to see guys kind of come together and bond together as a group before the game, and do that.

“It was great to be a part of a lot of guys trying to do the right thing. Obviously it won't be seen as the right thing to everybody, but I think in our hearts, what we focused on the most, was that we were trying to do the right thing today. I'm proud of our guys and I'm proud of the group and the guys I get to go out and play football with.

“We came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, during the anthem as a peaceful protest,” “We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.” In light of President Trump suggesting NFL owners should fire any “son of a bitch” who protests the national anthem, Reid added: “It baffles me that our protest is still being misconstrued as disrespectful to the country, flag and military personnel. We chose it because it’s exactly the opposite. It has always been my understanding that the brave men and women who fought and died for our country did so to ensure that we could live in a fair and free society, which includes the right to speak out in protest.”

http://www.theroot.com/10-things-less-disrespectful-than-kneeling-during-the-a-1818730392
let me ask you what have anyone of those athletes done to stop violence against blacks? do they go to the neighborhoods and listen to the issues, do they visit police stations to find out the issues? do they hold meetings in towns to learn what is what and help remove the issue? the answer is mostly no. where were they last week? do you think people paying 100 dollars a ticked really care about their bullshit fued with trump? how childish it is all me, me, me with them. they are disrespectful bunch accept a few. JJ Watt stepped up. And we know these big ass buffoons beat women. they have parties and rape women and hit them and treat them like scum. fk them and their beef. play the game they came to the stadium to play or go home.

The million dollar question, "what will this garbage do to alleviate their grievances?"

Answer: "Not a goddamn thing"

I quit watching NFL games after the 1980 season.

Great! You've had plenty of time to attend all those klan rallies...
Instead of making asinine assumptions, perhaps it would do more good to ask me why I quit watching. This is a discussion forum correct? It had nothing to do with any one's race you fool.

I quit watching because no sooner than the champion Chicago Bears won the Superbowl, their management traded away all the players that took them there. Proving to me once and for all that the NFL does not care about the fans at all.

Well, since the Chicago Bears won the SB in 1986 and your quitting the NFL in 1980 because they traded those players kinda makes you a liar.
It kinda makes me forgetful. And your reply makes you a typical democrat. Cause all you have is name calling.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

nationalism-is-a-scary-thing-blind-allegiance-to-anything-is-6033527.png

If players are going to protest, last night the Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals showed the rest of the NFL how to do so with class, honor, respect, and dignity.

The Dallas Cowboys, linked arm-in-arm with owner Jerry Jones, came out minutes early for the National Anthem...and took a knee for a few seconds BEFORE the playing of the Anthem. They then rose to their feet, and the Dallas Cowboys and the Arizona Cardinals stood, linked arm-in-arm on their respective sides of the field for the National Anthem.

If you / anyone thinks pissing people off, disrespecting this country / the flag / the national anthem is going to UNITE / BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER to solve a problem then they / you are as dumb as a sack full of shit. DIVISION does not bring people together. Standing together, unified in a cause, is what brings people together and solves problems.

The 'Boys and Cardinals protested a cultural problem BEFORE the National Anthem then stood for the Anthem to demonstrate that we are united together as a nation to fight, committed to face these problems together.

Kudos to the Cowboys and the cardinals.

And to the rest of the NFL who showed their asses this past Sunday...

:fu:
Jerry Jones will do anything for a buck including pandering to the racist NFL Kneelers
i took it as flipping off trump. they also did not disrespect the flag or anthem.
let me ask you, do you think the 60,000 in the stadium really give a rats ass what their protest is about, did they pay 100 dollars a ticket to watch that or football? Play fking football, it is a sport played in a stadium funded by the tax payers. And if there was so much to protest about, why didn't they all do this last week? This was all about flipping off trump. so the protest is a lie. hahahahaahha what a bunch of fking morons.

If it's about flipping off trump I'm even more for it!
then they should say that and stop lying.

There are no Tom Landrys' left in the NFL. As a result the league has become infested with "Hollywood Henderson" types. Bad behavior is blamed on concussions. Too bad Lance Rentzel was born too soon.

The million dollar question, "what will this garbage do to alleviate their grievances?"

Answer: "Not a goddamn thing"

That's because their grievances are made up. They don't actually exist.

I quit watching NFL games after the 1980 season.

Great! You've had plenty of time to attend all those klan rallies...
Instead of making asinine assumptions, perhaps it would do more good to ask me why I quit watching. This is a discussion forum correct? It had nothing to do with any one's race you fool.

I quit watching because no sooner than the champion Chicago Bears won the Superbowl, their management traded away all the players that took them there. Proving to me once and for all that the NFL does not care about the fans at all.

Well, since the Chicago Bears won the SB in 1986 and your quitting the NFL in 1980 because they traded those players kinda makes you a liar.
It kinda makes me forgetful. And your reply makes you a typical democrat. Cause all you have is name calling.
and a specific false narrative.

Ok, so the non-political, strict anti-promotion / anti-protest NFL has united to knee down during the National Anthem.

It's hilarious to watch the Trump Cultists now decide they hate the NFL because they made their Cheetoh Jesus look bad.
no, they made our game look like a protest, and it isn't what people pay 100 dollars a ticket to watch. get it straight ahole.

It's hilarious to watch the Trump Cultists now decide they hate the NFL because they made their Cheetoh Jesus look bad.
Ok, that time you verified you went to public school - that reading comprehension deficiency definitely gave you away.

My post had nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with the hypocrisy of the NFL.

let me ask you what have anyone of those athletes done to stop violence against blacks?

Does THIS count?

Plaxico Burress Shoots Himself Accidentally While At Night Club
--- Giants’ Burress Shoots Himself Accidentally in the Thigh

Plaxico Goes To Jail: Ex-NFL player Burress enters prison
--- Ex-NFL player Burress enters prison - CNN.com

:p
how about Aaron Hernandez of the Pats?

Aaron Hernandez was diagnosed with one concussion while playing for New England Patriots

"Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez, center, stands at the defense table during his double murder trial of at Suffolk Superior Court in Boston, Mass., Monday, March 27, 2017. Hernandez is charged in the July 2012 killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado who he encountered in a Boston nightclub. The former NFL football player already is serving a life sentence in the 2013 killing of semi-professional football player Odin Lloyd. (Keith Bedford/The Boston Globe via AP)(Keith Bedford)"

NFL revenue is going to be way down this season. Already advertisers are pulling their ads and fans are not watching or buying tickets.

1. Trump makes statement about NFL players kneeling.
2. More NFL players kneel.
3. Ratings fall.
4. Trump makes statement about falling ratings.
5. More NFL players kneel.
6. Ratings plummet.
7. Trump wins.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year.
About .00001% of Black murder victims are people murdered by policemen.
Screw the racist NFL players.
Boycott the NFL.

Forum List

Back