Google's Homepage today, 2/7/2014

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
So Google went with an Olympics themed homepage, but added a rainbow flag. While the Olympic rings are colored, they are not of the rainbow.

We all know what the rainbow flag is used for as a symbol, so is this Google's subtle support of the LGBT community vis a vis Russia's laws on homosexuality?

Not a judgement, just an observation.

So Google went with an Olympics themed homepage, but added a rainbow flag. While the Olympic rings are colored, they are not of the rainbow.

We all know what the rainbow flag is used for as a symbol, so is this Google's subtle support of the LGBT community vis a vis Russia's laws on homosexuality?

Yea, I think it was an obvious show of support to the LGBT Olympians who are facing a new environment in Sochi. This idea is further backed up with a quote, "Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit", which is also on the homepage.

Also, I didn't feel like it was subtle.

Last edited:
The progressives have infiltrated everything in media. It's nauseating and almost impossible to continue fighting against. Media, schools, information.

We couldn't be more fucked.

Yea, I think it was an obvious show of support to the LGBT Olympians who are facing a new environment in Sochi. This idea is further backed up with a quote, "Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit", which is also on the homepage.

Actually when I loaded up the page the quote was "The practice of sport is a human right"

And yes, maybe not as subtle as I first thought it was.

Actually when I loaded up the page the quote was "The practice of sport is a human right"

And yes, maybe not as subtle as I first thought it was.

Sorry - didn't post the whole quote (just the part that was pertinent to the convo):

""The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter"

The progressives have infiltrated everything in media. It's nauseating and almost impossible to continue fighting against. Media, schools, information.

Dude, if you're against gay marriage or whatnot - fine - but Russia is a country that is particularly hostile towards gays, and personally I believe every Olympian should be treated with the same respect/accommodation regardless of sexual orientation.

It's a competition to figure out who's the best athlete, period.

Gay marriage isn't going to destroy our economy or world, but crony capitalism/wall street domination/loss of business ethics WILL. Focus on the important stuff.

Dude, if you're against gay marriage or whatnot - fine - but Russia is a country that is particularly hostile towards gays, and personally I believe every Olympian should be treated with the same respect/accommodation regardless of sexual orientation.

Gay marriage isn't going to destroy our economy or world, but crony capitalism/wall street domination/loss of business ethics WILL. Focus on the important stuff.

Did the Russian Government say they would crack down on people acting "all gay and stuff" or is it just the fact the laws are on the books, and the LGBT people don't like said laws (obviously).

Very simple. I know which search engine I won't support. I'll go tell all my Duck Dynasty & Chic-Fil-A friends too...

I wasn't aware that Google was into supporting the cult of the child-sodomizing messiah. That would be a side of history a company might not want to "come down" on...

Hey Google, know what you're supporting in those rainbow colors. Read Harvey Milk's biography. Look at what's happening on Main Street in front of kids under those rainbow colors...

gaymidwestparadejpg_zpse239f00e.jpg

c260f88b-b15f-4144-b9ab-fcdfdf3e01d7_zpsa0887f69.jpg

Hey everyone, Google is getting on board with ignoring potential harm to children...tell a friend...!

Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google Google

There, that ought to do it..

Last edited:
Well google is based in "San Francisco" so it would be no surprise that they have a huge hard-on for gay issues.

I didn't realize that fudge-packing and pole smoking were Olympic sports.

Did the Russian Government say they would crack down on people acting "all gay and stuff" or is it just the fact the laws are on the books, and the LGBT people don't like said laws (obviously).

I know quite a bit of legislation in 2012/13 was passed that "imposes significant fines of up to $31,000 for providing information about the LGBT community to minors, holding gay pride events, speaking in defense of gay rights, or equating gay and heterosexual relationships".

The Russian Gov't - obviously - won't come straight out and say they're going to crack down on gay athletes, however the laws (which are created by the gov't - very recently) sort of speak for themselves. Russia is one of the most anti-gay places on the face of the Earth.

And when you have a gov't so far to one end of the spectrum, you're going to have other entities (like Google) reacting. It's all pretty logical, actually.

Last edited:
The Russian government has every right to crack down on what it sees as a pernicious cult within the borders of its country. Especially when they see that cult as a direct threat to children. See my last post and signature for details..

Well google is based in "San Francisco" so it would be no surprise that they have a huge hard-on for gay issues.

San Francisco is situated in California where they have laws against endangering children. Like laws in each state and across the nation, if you suspect a cult or group of people or an individual pose a threat to children, you are mandated to report that threat and are by no means allowed to abet or enable that threat to go unnoticed. You can be prosecuted if you do. So, essentially, Google just committed a violation of the law as I read and understand it.

See my last post and my signature for details...

And this... [I think the Russians have mastered bonehead child psychology, "Monkey see, Monkey do.."]

CDC Reports Troubling Rise in HIV Infections Among Young People

Young people aged 13 to 24 made up about 26 percent of all new diagnoses in 2010, even as other demographics have remained relatively stable, according to new information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention....

...Most young people diagnosed with HIV today contract the disease through sex. For most young men, it’s through sex with other men...

...A little more than 60 percent of black and Latino youth aged 15 to 24 — whose communities have been disproportionately affected by the disease — and 32 percent of white young people, said that HIV/AIDS is a “very serious issue” for their generation, according to a new survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation, which also came out today. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...ng-rise-in-hiv-infections-among-young-people/

And this...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/222768-gay-day-at-disney.html

Last edited:

I know quite a bit of legislation in 2012/13 was passed that "imposes significant fines of up to $31,000 for providing information about the LGBT community to minors, holding gay pride events, speaking in defense of gay rights, or equating gay and heterosexual relationships".

The Russian Gov't - obviously - won't come straight out and say they're going to crack down on gay athletes, however the laws (which are created by the gov't - very recently) sort of speak for themselves. Russia is one of the most anti-gay places on the face of the Earth.

And when you have a gov't so far to one end of the spectrum, you're going to have other entities (like Google) reacting. It's all pretty logical, actually.

I have a feeling certain African and Middle Eastern Countries are faaar more "anti-gay" than Russia is. the difference is Russia is filled with mostly white people, and progressives are far more comfortable critisizing white people than brown people.

Good for google. If someone is homophobic, that's their path in life not mine... However, when someone chooses the path of controlling others based on income levels, sex, sexuality or skin color, well, I suppose since I don't support life destroying power hungry progressive policy that it would make sense that I don't support them.

Last edited:
The Russian government has every right to crack down on what it sees as a pernicious cult within the borders of its country. Especially when they see that cult as a direct threat to children. See my last post and signature for details..

San Francisco is situated in California where they have laws against endangering children. Like laws in each state and across the nation, if you suspect a cult or group of people or an individual pose a threat to children, you are mandated to report that threat and are by no means allowed to abet or enable that threat to go unnoticed. You can be prosecuted if you do. So, essentially, Google just committed a violation of the law as I read and understand it.

Just curious, I believe during Prop 8 discussions you have said you are in California.

So under your own description of the law, if you believe that Google is endangering children that you are required by law to call authorities and report them.

Have you called law enforcement as required?

Also, Disneyland is in Anaheim CA, gays and lesbians also pick a day to attend Disneyland (for 2014 the dates are in October) - will you be calling law enforcement on people that wear read T-shirts in October?

>>>>>

Last edited:

I have a feeling certain African and Middle Eastern Countries are faaar more "anti-gay" than Russia is. the difference is Russia is filled with mostly white people, and progressives are far more comfortable critisizing white people than brown people.

Hence "one of the most". I agree, there are African countries where by law gays can be put to death.

But we shouldn't downplay that Russians can lose their jobs, be cast out of society, and even physically beaten/assaulted for being gay. Now most people can probably agree that that is not a great way to run a society - whether or not you agree with gay marriage, etc.

And what does any of this have to do with progressives being more critical of whites vs blacks/minorities? The OP is about Google showing support for gay athletes.

Last edited:

Hence "one of the most". I agree, there are African countries where by law gays can be put to death.

But we shouldn't downplay that Russians can lose their jobs, be cast out of society, and even physically beaten/assaulted for being gay. Now most people can probably agree that that is not a great way to run a society - whether or not you agree with gay marriage, etc.

Here we have some people that may not want to beat people up for opposing the gay lifestyle, but certainly want to have them lose their jobs (the bakers in NM, photographers elsewhere) or be cast out from society. If its not a great way to run a society one way, How can it be when the shoe is on the other foot?

Good for google. If someone is homophobic, that's their path in life not mine... However, when someone chooses the path of controlling others based on income levels, sex, sexuality or skin color, well, I suppose since I don't support life destroying power hungry progressive policy that it would make sense that I don't support them.

Homophobic...OK, let's take a really good look at that term, shall we?

Phobic, to be afraid of something. Fear is what humans exhibit when they intuit a danger.

Now, let's look at that danger to see why many people might, yes, be homophobic, and legitimately so. The cult values have gone far enough. Reasonable fear is a good and healthy human attribute. Reasonable fear to protect children is the most noble human attribute of all...:

And this... [I think the Russians have mastered bonehead child psychology, "Monkey see, Monkey do.."]

CDC Reports Troubling Rise in HIV Infections Among Young People

Young people aged 13 to 24 made up about 26 percent of all new diagnoses in 2010, even as other demographics have remained relatively stable, according to new information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention....

...Most young people diagnosed with HIV today contract the disease through sex. For most young men, it’s through sex with other men...

...A little more than 60 percent of black and Latino youth aged 15 to 24 — whose communities have been disproportionately affected by the disease — and 32 percent of white young people, said that HIV/AIDS is a “very serious issue” for their generation, according to a new survey by the Kaiser Family Foundation, which also came out today. CDC Reports Troubling Rise in HIV Infections Among Young People | ENDGAME: AIDS in Black America | FRONTLINE | PBS

And this...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/222768-gay-day-at-disney.html

Russia is homophobic. Good. No, make that "Excellent"! I now have more respect for Russia than I used to. You have to admire a country that loses tons of revenue by the media hype aimed at destroying their olympic games this Winter and stands by its convictions to protect it's children. Good old Mother Russia says to MSNBC etc. "No matter how much you abuse me and batter me and beat me up, I will NOT let you access my children with your cult values".

For this reason I respect Vladimir Putin. I also respect what he did swiping that superbowl ring from that guy right in front of him..lol.. I don't know why..can't quite put my finger on that...but it just tickles me no end. I guess it's just refreshing to see a leader who protects children, and who has enough balls to rip off an American schmuck right on camera.

Forum List

Back