GOP bigotry on display...again.

Freedom to business with whom we choose....

Now.....

My sister is Gay.....yes you are a stupid fuck old man....you should be ashamed of yourself...you've become one of those who killed your buddies in the Nam.

You disgust me.

(smile) You stupid fuck, we support freedom and choice.

You fought for it once, but you chose your own brand of communism over being and American.

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

Freedom of choice to do what? Refuse to sell a house to queers? Refuse to sell a car to liberals?

I think we've been through the right's idea of "freedom of choice" before and that's why we now have laws to protect those who were the victims of that "freedom of choice."

You fought for it once, but you chose your own brand of communism over being and American.

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

Freedom of choice to do what? Refuse to sell a house to queers? Refuse to sell a car to liberals?

I think we've been through the right's idea of "freedom of choice" before and that's why we now have laws to protect those who were the victims of that "freedom of choice."

No it's usually liberals that boycott companies they disagree with....so why cant the companies boycott back?

Have you considered how it would feel to shoot one of your Nam buddies?

Would it make you hard old man?

Is it all you can do to call it bigotry? What if you had a business? What if in that business you refused service to your so called cadre of bigots? What if you were told you couldn't deny them service? Wouldn't you be fighting for that right too?

Cry less please.

Bigotry is the word that fits. Please explain to me how refusing service to someone just because you don't happen to like their lifestyle isn't bigotry.

I have a solution here it's brilliant if I do say so myself though to some here it may be considered shockingly radical so if you have a weak heart brace yourself or don't read beyond this point. Ok here is the solution go to a different florist I'm sure there many, many out there to take the job and the money.

Is it all you can do to call it bigotry? What if you had a business? What if in that business you refused service to your so called cadre of bigots? What if you were told you couldn't deny them service? Wouldn't you be fighting for that right too?

Cry less please.

Bigotry is the word that fits. Please explain to me how refusing service to someone just because you don't happen to like their lifestyle isn't bigotry.

Got nuthin' but cheap, meaningless insults huh?

No surprise there. Bigotry is always hard to justify.

Cry less please.

Please explain to me why anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot. I fail to understand that. Is not a biased premise such as yours not a form of bigotry?

NHE-15703_300.gif

Do businesses no longer have this right?

Got nuthin' but cheap, meaningless insults huh?

No surprise there. Bigotry is always hard to justify.

Bigot this, bigot that. Give. it. a. fucking. rest. Why is everyone or everything right of center a bigot? Such a childish and overly naive view. You call me a bigot, minus a coherent argument.

Last edited:

Bigotry doesn't need to be "legalized" because it's already legal. It's protected by the First Amendment.

I don't find those examples horrifying in any way. but I do find one of them idiotic. If you are opposed to people putting gas in theirs cars, you aren't going to make much money owning a gas station.

If that's the case, then what are you worried about? It's a self limiting disease.

What happened to "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"?
If I was paying rent on a shop (I did), paid for the utilities (I did), had to pay the overhead (I did), and paid for the permit to have a shop (I did), then I have the right to with it as I see fit where it comes to whom I choose to service with my goods.
Since when is that illegal?

Those laws violate the First Amendment.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

Any business should have the ability to refuse to serve anyone for any reason, it's called freedom of association. Not saying it is a good business practice but they should have the right.

Those laws violate the First Amendment.

What Oldguy forgets about "freedom of choice" is that it applies to both sides. There's an amendment in the constitution that deals with life, liberty and property; and how an American Citizen shall not be denied those things. Forcing a business to accept the business of what it determines to be undesirable patrons; is not letting them do with as they please with their life, denying them of their liberty to conduct business as they see fit, and preventing them from controlling the faculties of their own property.

Last edited:
This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

But let GE Financial withhold a loan from a gun store owner, and.....

:eusa_whistle:

1st reply to the OP :clap2:

abmOxHx5.jpg

Showing a prime and recent example of the same thing that so many of the Left LOVED just two days ago is not deflection, but proof of the Hypocrisy of some of those on the Left.

It should be obvious that if it weren't for yahoo's like those up in Washington state, (and some right here) we wouldn't need anti-discrimination laws in the first place.

It should be obvious that if it weren't for yahoo's like those up in Washington state, (and some right here) we wouldn't need anti-discrimination laws in the first place.

It should be obvious to yor that those yahoos in WS St and some of the most liberal a-holes in the country. They just seem to have a bit of a grasp of the 1st Amendment.

Where does the left come up with stuff? Is there a sissie network that monitors every republican in every state of the Union regarding pending state legislation that might make sissies cry?

Where does the left come up with stuff? Is there a sissie network that monitors every republican in every state of the Union regarding pending state legislation that might make sissies cry?

You'd be surprised to see everything Soros funds.

Forum List

Back