GOP bigotry on display...again.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

But let GE Financial withhold a loan from a gun store owner, and.....

:eusa_whistle:

- This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

... They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their -

if you do not like what GE Financial did .... why would you support what the GOP is trying to legislate ???

obviously the Goose and the Gander are two different animals for Republicans.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

But let GE Financial withhold a loan from a gun store owner, and.....

:eusa_whistle:

- This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

... They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their -

if you do not like what GE Financial did .... why would you support what the GOP is trying to legislate ???

obviously the Goose and the Gander are two different animals for Republicans.

Nope GE doesnt like gun owners and these other people dont like homos..... both are things you can choose....and it's up to you...go somewhere else if you dont like it.

So let me get this straight.....signs posted that say "We have the right to refuse service to anyone" are bigoted?

Signs that say "No shoes - No Shirt - No service" are bigoted?

Signs that say "Under 21 not allowed" are bigoted?

Signs that say "No pets except service animals" are bigoted?

You know, the more that I think about it - YOU seem to be the only "bigoted" person around these parts.....

Damn - get your head in the game. :cuckoo:

So, it is perfectly okay with you for liberals and progressives to have morals, principles, and to act upon them in the legislature, but as soon as someone else exhibits morals and principles, you are in a tizzy?

You know, people do have the right to determine who they associate with, right?

I love the multiple claims of thread fail. That's like SOP when the right finds itself having to defend the indefensible, as if saying it several times makes it come true. In reality, it's similar to clicking your heels together and chanting, "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto."

But, you are still in Kansas and that proposed legislation is still a thinly disguised attempt to legalize discrimination against homosexuals. There's no way to talk around that.

I suppose next, the tactic to avoid admitting it will be to bear down on the personal attacks so the Mods will move this thread off the main page.

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

Is it all you can do to call it bigotry? What if you had a business? What if in that business you refused service to your so called cadre of bigots? What if you were told you couldn't deny them service? Wouldn't you be fighting for that right too?

Cry less please.

Bigotry is the word that fits. Please explain to me how refusing service to someone just because you don't happen to like their lifestyle isn't bigotry.
Democrats do bigotry every day against Republicans with excessive patronization. :rolleyes:

Bigotry is the word that fits. Please explain to me how refusing service to someone just because you don't happen to like their lifestyle isn't bigotry.
Democrats do bigotry every day against Republicans with excessive patronization. :rolleyes:

Thank you for another non-answer.

Well tell me about GM, they dont like gun owners why should they be able to refuse loans?

Look man it is bigotry.....but we all do it.....let people live and let live.....if you dont want a mormon in your house dont let em in...it's your choice bro......since you're a liberal, you're pro choice right?

Well tell me about GM, they dont like gun owners why should they be able to refuse loans?

Look man it is bigotry.....but we all do it.....let people live and let live.....if you dont want a mormon in your house dont let em in...it's your choice bro......since you're a liberal, you're pro choice right?

Sure, bigotry is a common affliction. But, should we legalize it?

Sure, bigotry is a common affliction. But, should we legalize it?

Dude, you cant impose your beliefs on others......if you dont want to date a fat chick....you cant be forced too....get it???

I believe ultra liberal Margo Thomas sang about it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_26FOHoaC78"]Free To Be...You And Me - YouTube[/ame]

The bigots have been trying to force their beliefs on others forever.

However, they can't do it in the US.

The bigots have been trying to force their beliefs on others forever.

However, they can't do it in the US.

They have and done that....but it comes to is your liberty to be gay more important than my liberty to refuse to serve you?
That's the question....and I side on if it's your business...it's YOUR business......

People equate this to jim crow....jim crow had laws codified in the law to prepetuate the racism, ect.....and other people had ones against other groups....the point is if you want to be gay...go ahead, but not everyone will agree and if they dont want gays in their business, it's up to them......personally I wouldnt stop taking money from anyone...just bad business...but that's me....

Commerce is not governed by 1st Amendment concerns.

The law is patently unconstitutional.

You have it precisely backwards, fuckstick. The First Amendment takes priority over the commerce clause since it came afterwards. Furthermore, prior to the swine FDR packing of the Supreme Court, the commerce clause we interpreted to mean that government could regulate transportation services that crossed state lines, and only that.

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

Looks like you'll have to grow your own flowers.

Forum List

Back