GOP bigotry on display...again.

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

so, to be clear; exercising "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..." is bigotry:doubt:

you know whats funny ( but not peculiar ) that in some folks eyes, theres never a good faith argument.....its always straight to bigotry, or one of the assorted 'ism's'....

if you never recognize anyones right to hold a deeply held value that they attempt to live their life by and assign it any value, then don't fucking ask for any of your own....

see how that works?

You can hold any kind of belief you like, even bigoted ones. But, you have no right to the government mandated, legal authority to express your beliefs to the harm of someone else.

Freedom includes the freedom to contract, to associate, to make business decisions. What liberals despise is that freedom.

Jakey is a soft (literally) sensitive 90's guy....his sensibilities have been offnded.

I am betting Admin sees his "reports" and just roll their eyes.

Sigh. Mind your mouth and reported.

"When" means nothing at all. What a silly statement.
Reported for what? Are there new rules im unaware of?

Metro Sexual, for sure. :lol: :) Jake represents Right tilted Statism, some times hard to distinguish between it's counterpart. Still boils down to controlling others and being alarmed by who and what you can't control. :)

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

so, to be clear; exercising "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..." is bigotry:doubt:

you know whats funny ( but not peculiar ) that in some folks eyes, theres never a good faith argument.....its always straight to bigotry, or one of the assorted 'ism's'....

if you never recognize anyones right to hold a deeply held value that they attempt to live their life by and assign it any value, then don't fucking ask for any of your own....

see how that works?

You can hold any kind of belief you like, even bigoted ones. But, you have no right to the government mandated, legal authority to express your beliefs to the harm of someone else.

And that’s the problem: racists, bigots, and other ignorant persons of hate aren’t satisfied with ‘holding’ their beliefs alone, they want their hate and ignorance codified in secular law in an attempt to justify their hate and ignorance, such as those calling for an end to ‘Muslim immigration.’

Freedom includes the freedom to contract, to associate, to make business decisions. What liberals despise is that freedom.

Nonsense.

Thousands of ‘liberals’ own businesses and engage in commerce daily with the correct understanding that commercial regulation is both Constitutional and appropriate.

And thankfully there is no such thing as ‘freedom to contract.’ See: West Coast Hotel Co. v. Parrish (1937).

see how that works?

You can hold any kind of belief you like, even bigoted ones.

I didn't except that you'd rebut what I said on that note and I was right unfortunately, but I expected better than that inanity.:doubt:

But, you have no right to the government mandated, legal authority to express your beliefs to the harm of someone else.

your statement is a mess dude, sorry but there but there it is. You're not even aware of what your arguing or how to express it.....rights work both ways, it appears to me you didn't even comprehend my post....

I should have know when you said- "in their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base...'

anyway- if a persons here to fore practiced religious values preclude their participating in a marriage ceremony they don't recognize but, they are forced to or fined for not doing so, harm has been accrued or visited upon who?

Jakey is a soft (literally) sensitive 90's guy....his sensibilities have been offnded.

I am betting Admin sees his "reports" and just roll their eyes.

Reported for what? Are there new rules im unaware of?

Metro Sexual, for sure. :lol: :) Jake represents Right tilted Statism, some times hard to distinguish between it's counterpart. Still boils down to controlling others and being alarmed by who and what you can't control. :)

Complete nonsense from a libertarian mind. Not my problem. The politics forum has certain rules of conduct. Commercial regulation is Constitutional. This is a form of right of center rules of road approach and I have no problem with it.

Last edited:

see how that works?

And that’s the problem: racists, bigots, and other ignorant persons of hate aren’t satisfied with ‘holding’ their beliefs alone, they want their hate and ignorance codified in secular law in an attempt to justify their hate and ignorance, such as those calling for an end to ‘Muslim immigration.’

thank you for that perfect soliloquy as to why we are where we are.......go read my first post to oldguy.

see how that works?

You go first. I'll not exercise My morals and principles just as soon as you stop trying to shove yours down our throats.

The funny thing is, I'd refuse to do business with a progressive long before I'd ever think of limiting My income by turning away a gay person.

Gay people generally have done nothing to harm Me or stifle Me. Progressives such as yourself however, have done more harm to this country and the people than any other group.

So, you'll forgive us of course, if we just laugh at your notion of what constitutes bigotry.

Right or wrong, a business should have the right to cater to the customers it chooses to cater to. Should a medical supply company whose management views abortion as the immoral act it is be forced to supply an abortion clinic? Hell no. If they are willing to forego the revenue that is their choice.

If said management will not serve people they should the rest of us can choose not to support them.

You liberals do support the right to choose, don't you?

Immie

Last edited:
Is JAkey still attacking all the right leaning ideologies, yet he's a republican.......I wonder what attracted him to the party?

I have read Roo's far wing nut libertarian ranting comments here, and I have come to realize that if he is insane.

Jake anyone that isnt a commie is a far right wing....you got that from a book.....probably Chomsky, didnt you?

Well muslims get all kinds of concessions from you liberals....why is that????

but if muslims dont want to sell, they dont have to.....

why do you force your beliefs on others?

If you want to buttfuck your boyfriend, great, I dont support it and I shouldnt have to.

ahoy Buckeye43_73,

well met, matey.

i don't think the florist's objections had to do with the sexual orientation 'o the two men, matey.

she just didn't want to do anythin' that would make it seem like she was condonin' the two men marryin' one another...and that does seem reasonable, in a way.

i mean, when a florist arrives at weddin', they often have a van or a truck with the logo 'o the florist all o'er the place. the flowers themselves often come wrapped or boxed in material that proudly announces the floral company's name. employees, or often the owner themselves are onsite pre-wedding, droppin' off the corsages, the boutonnières, the table arrangements, etc.

when the lass in question, Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene’s Flowers and Gifts, was asked to provide florals fer the weddin', she clasped the hand 'o one 'o the men and said that she regretted she'd be unable to do this job, due to her relationship with Jesus Christ.

imma all fer tryin' to keep this land 'o ours free 'o hurtful and mean spirited discrimination...but i think this lass should have some latitude here. thar be many places one can get flower arrangements, this isn't some rare, hard to find commodity, aye?

that bein' said, what the florist did be against the law - at least accordin' to the Consumer Protection Act, so whats to be done, matey?

- MeadHallPirate

thank you for that perfect soliloquy as to why we are where we are.......go read my first post to oldguy.

Article IV

Section. 2.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

well if you are going for Bigotry as "We the People" - you will have to do it through the US Congress - or enact your Bigotry identically in all 50 States.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

Yeah, because gays should be able to force people that hate them to show up for their parties. After all, no one is really free in this country, all that talk about freeing slaves was just something to fool them into voting for more slavery.

Why is it okay for someone to refuse to shop at a store because they don't agree with the beliefs of the store owner or ceo but its not okay for said owner exercise the same discretion?

ahoy Grampa Murked U,

i think thats a fair and clever rebuttal to the TS, matey.

i like it, actually, aye.

i think as long as the store in question gives up all the tax benefits 'o ownin' a business thats open to all, and instead be classified, fer purposes, as a private club - all is well.

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

It’s also an example of the cowardice of many on the right.

Cawardice?

A coward would run to the government for help when a florist refused to sell them flowers for their wedding. If those florists were cowards they would have knuckled under when the state threatened them but they stood up for their principles. It looks to me like all the cowards in this story are on the left.

Yeah, because gays should be able to force people that hate them to show up for their parties. After all, no one is really free in this country, all that talk about freeing slaves was just something to fool them into voting for more slavery.

ahoy Quantum Windbag,

well met matey.

i think the TS is talkin' 'bout the violation 'o the law 'o our land. the Consumer Protection Act would make the witholdin' 'o services due to issues such as same sex relations illegal.

really, this conversation is no different than the NRA's eternal battle to protect the 2nd amendment. 'tis about whether or not we're a nation 'o laws, and whether them laws mean anythin', aye?

aye.

- MeadHallPirate

I have read Roo's far wing nut libertarian ranting comments here, and I have come to realize that if he is insane.

Jake anyone that isnt a commie is a far right wing....you got that from a book.....probably Chomsky, didnt you?

You read Chomsky? I have not. Bet you read Alinsky as well.

The liberts and reactionaries are so far beyond the norm that everyone is part of a left wing plot to them. That is why the reasonable American mainstream don't and won't vote for you.

Forum List

Back