GOP bigotry on display...again.

The bigots have been trying to force their beliefs on others forever.

However, they can't do it in the US.

The only one I see forcing their beliefs on others are the people, like you, who want to force people to show up at weddings they do not want to attend, the rest of us are saying the couple is free to go to a different florist.

The left just can't help themselves. EVERYONE is REQUIRED to like them but they can spew hate relentlessly. I find it odd that they can hate someone for their thoughts but if we in any way disaprove of their flamboyant lifestyles we are immediately called to task.

I will mock those I disaprove of till the end of my days. Don't like it? Tough shit.

PS. For the record I would never refuse anyone's business. But you can still go fuck yourselves and your politically correct nonsense.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

are muslims bigoted when they refuse to run your pork chops and bacon over the scanner in the grocery store? How about when they refuse to let you ride in their cabs if you're carrying a bottle of wine? Or when you have your little dog with you?

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

so, to be clear; exercising "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..." is bigotry:doubt:

you know whats funny ( but not peculiar ) that in some folks eyes, theres never a good faith argument.....its always straight to bigotry, or one of the assorted 'ism's'....

if you never recognize anyones right to hold a deeply held value that they attempt to live their life by and assign it any value, then don't fucking ask for any of your own....

see how that works?

You can hold any kind of belief you like, even bigoted ones. But, you have no right to the government mandated, legal authority to express your beliefs to the harm of someone else.

You want to keep that for yourself?

so, to be clear; exercising "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..." is bigotry:doubt:

you know whats funny ( but not peculiar ) that in some folks eyes, theres never a good faith argument.....its always straight to bigotry, or one of the assorted 'ism's'....

if you never recognize anyones right to hold a deeply held value that they attempt to live their life by and assign it any value, then don't fucking ask for any of your own....

see how that works?

You can hold any kind of belief you like, even bigoted ones. But, you have no right to the government mandated, legal authority to express your beliefs to the harm of someone else.

And that’s the problem: racists, bigots, and other ignorant persons of hate aren’t satisfied with ‘holding’ their beliefs alone, they want their hate and ignorance codified in secular law in an attempt to justify their hate and ignorance, such as those calling for an end to ‘Muslim immigration.’

What's the difference between that and forcing a business to provide flowers for a wedding they don't want to serve?

Would you define "to the harm of someone else" for me?

That was an odd statement. I took it to mean I can't be a jerk when I'm around others. And that's when its the most fun lol.

Seriously though this kind of shit is spooky. We don't need the thought and kindness police when the public will impose it's own justice through their wallets.

Since I do not support the government, and you do, you are the one that supports Jim Crow, not me.
And that is a good example of why the mainstream makes sure the extremists get no leverage in policy and power making. Such a person believes in Jim Crow but accuses someone else of it: loony thinking that.

Jim Crow laws were government mandated, I oppose government mandates. Care to explain how that makes me for them when I am, again, taking a position against today's version of Jim Crow laws?

The only one I see forcing their beliefs on others are the people, like you, who want to force people to show up at weddings they do not want to attend, the rest of us are saying the couple is free to go to a different florist.

No one is making you attend any wedding.

But you will not be allowed to deprive anyone of having the wedding they want.

If you accept the job you have to attend the wedding, while the happy couple can go down the street and find a different florist....

The left just can't help themselves. EVERYONE is REQUIRED to like them but they can spew hate relentlessly. I find it odd that they can hate someone for their thoughts but if we in any way disaprove of their flamboyant lifestyles we are immediately called to task.

I will mock those I disaprove of till the end of my days. Don't like it? Tough shit.

PS. For the record I would never refuse anyone's business. But you can still go fuck yourselves and your politically correct nonsense.

yep and that's why the left like DO AS SAY AND NOT AS I DO leaders...the whole ideology is an exercise in hypocrisy

Who's deprving them of the wedding they want.....why do you require someone to do it......if that's the case...I think we should have GE loan money to the Klan......they should be forced to do so......yeah I thought you'd run away with that statement down......

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

I'll be surprised if this bill passes. Washington is not a particularly conservative state. Sharon Brown is a Republican senator from Kennewick, in the southeastern part of the state. It's a conservative area. More than half of the people in Washington live in the Seattle metro area, which is mostly liberal. It's unlikely the bill will pass.

Last edited:

They can have any wedding they want, unless they want me there.

Would you define "to the harm of someone else" for me?

That was an odd statement. I took it to mean I can't be a jerk when I'm around others. And that's when its the most fun lol.

Seriously though this kind of shit is spooky. We don't need the thought and kindness police when the public will impose it's own justice through their wallets.

Yep, it's related to political correctness, clearly. If someone -- well, if a member of a CVG (Certified Victim Group) -- says they're in any way harmed or offended by anything, then the perpetrator must be stopped and/or pay their pound of flesh. That certainly does put a spectacular amount of power in the hands of a few, especially in a country that used to value its First Amendment.

Nowadays, not so much, of course.

It should be obvious that if it weren't for yahoo's like those up in Washington state, (and some right here) we wouldn't need anti-discrimination laws in the first place.

I generally agree with most of what you have to say on here, but seriously? "yahoos like those up in Washington state"? You live in Texas. For a liberal, Washington is heaven compared to Texas. It's like night and day. Sure, there are some areas that are conservative and religious (Christian), but on the whole, compared to Texas, Washington state is a liberal heaven.

Well muslims get all kinds of concessions from you liberals....why is that????

but if muslims dont want to sell, they dont have to.....

why do you force your beliefs on others?

If you want to buttfuck your boyfriend, great, I dont support it and I shouldnt have to.

You have any facts to back up that claim?

Hey genius, we're talking about the law......in a hypothetical situation....

in other words.....I dont care if a muslim refuses me service based on my religion (that question was posed to the board)...I'll go somewhere else.....but here's the key, most people wont turn away a paying customer.....so why have these stupid laws? If the flower company doesnt want to sell to homos.....so be it....why do you want to force your beliefs on someone else?

So Muslims don't " get all kinds of concessions from you liberals "?

no one is forcing their beliefs on anyone...the flower shop has no problem using welfare paid by gays.

It should be obvious that if it weren't for yahoo's like those up in Washington state, (and some right here) we wouldn't need anti-discrimination laws in the first place.

I generally agree with most of what you have to say on here, but seriously? "yahoos like those up in Washington state"? You live in Texas. For a liberal, Washington is heaven compared to Texas. It's like night and day. Sure, there are some areas that are conservative and religious (Christian), but on the whole, compared to Texas, Washington state is a liberal heaven.

That was his point.

I won't argue with that. We have more than our share of moronic yahoo's down here too and they prove their yahoo status every 2 years when the legislature meets.

Forum List

Back