GOP bigotry on display...again.

Well muslims get all kinds of concessions from you liberals....why is that????

but if muslims dont want to sell, they dont have to.....

why do you force your beliefs on others?

If you want to buttfuck your boyfriend, great, I dont support it and I shouldnt have to.

ahoy Buckeye43_73,

well met, matey.

i don't think the florist's objections had to do with the sexual orientation 'o the two men, matey.

she just didn't want to do anythin' that would make it seem like she was condonin' the two men marryin' one another...and that does seem reasonable, in a way.

i mean, when a florist arrives at weddin', they often have a van or a truck with the logo 'o the florist all o'er the place. the flowers themselves often come wrapped or boxed in material that proudly announces the floral company's name. employees, or often the owner themselves are onsite pre-wedding, droppin' off the corsages, the boutonnières, the table arrangements, etc.

when the lass in question, Barronelle Stutzman, owner of Arlene’s Flowers and Gifts, was asked to provide florals fer the weddin', she clasped the hand 'o one 'o the men and said that she regretted she'd be unable to do this job, due to her relationship with Jesus Christ.

imma all fer tryin' to keep this land 'o ours free 'o hurtful and mean spirited discrimination...but i think this lass should have some latitude here. thar be many places one can get flower arrangements, this isn't some rare, hard to find commodity, aye?

that bein' said, what the florist did be against the law - at least accordin' to the Consumer Protection Act, so whats to be done, matey?

- MeadHallPirate

I agree, if she doesnt want to or cant due to religious constraints, I have no problem with it...We let people out of the military due to conscientious objector belief....

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

I would shake his hand and tell him he should deny service to anyone stupid enough to put any bumper sticker on their car. why do you ask?

Next idiotic attempt to prove how stupid you are in three, two...

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

If someone told me they wouldn't sell to me because of a political bumper sticker, I'd be happy to know up front because I wouldn't want to shop there anyway.

A private business owner should be "allowed" to deny business to any person at any time for any reason.

The free market would then play out. If the business owner were discriminating against skin color or religion or sexual orientation or nose size, word would get around faster than shit through a goose and the bigot would ultimately pay a huge price. Great. Nice and organic that way.

I'm sick of people having to worry about being "allowed" to do something for which they should not have to ask permission in the first fucking place.

(smile) You stupid fuck, we support freedom and choice.

You fought for it once, but you chose your own brand of communism over being and American.

Freedom of choice to do what? Refuse to sell a house to queers? Refuse to sell a car to liberals?

I think we've been through the right's idea of "freedom of choice" before and that's why we now have laws to protect those who were the victims of that "freedom of choice."

Those laws came from the government, not the businesses. Since I do not support the government, and you do, you are the one that supports Jim Crow, not me.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

Washington state bill would allow businesses to deny gays

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

Do tell. A "glaring lack of protection?"

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

If you want to buttfuck your boyfriend, great, I dont support it and I shouldnt have to.

You have any facts to back up that claim?

Is it all you can do to call it bigotry? What if you had a business? What if in that business you refused service to your so called cadre of bigots? What if you were told you couldn't deny them service? Wouldn't you be fighting for that right too?

Cry less please.

Bigotry is the word that fits. Please explain to me how refusing service to someone just because you don't happen to like their lifestyle isn't bigotry.

Never said it wasn't, did we? We just see the bigotry and hypocrisy in forcing people into slavery just to pretend you are not a bigot.

Since I do not support the government, and you do, you are the one that supports Jim Crow, not me.

And that is a good example of why the mainstream makes sure the extremists get no leverage in policy and power making. Such a person believes in Jim Crow but accuses someone else of it: loony thinking that.

This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."

The target, of course, is homosexuals and the genesis of this bill is the floral shop which declined to sell flowers for a same-sex marriage, claiming it violated their religious principles. The excuse is that "There's a glaring lack of protection for religion in state law," according to Sen. Sharon Brown who filed the bill.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll react when a Muslim shop owner refuses service for a Christian ceremony, won't it?

Thankfully, the bill has little change of passing, but it highlights the GOP's inherent bigotry anyhow.

You have any facts to back up that claim?

Hey genius, we're talking about the law......in a hypothetical situation....

in other words.....I dont care if a muslim refuses me service based on my religion (that question was posed to the board)...I'll go somewhere else.....but here's the key, most people wont turn away a paying customer.....so why have these stupid laws? If the flower company doesnt want to sell to homos.....so be it....why do you want to force your beliefs on someone else?

Last edited:
I quit shopping at JC Pennys because they promoted the gay lifestyle for a while. Should Pennys be able to force me to shop there because thwy disagree with my beliefs?

It should be obvious that if it weren't for yahoo's like those up in Washington state, (and some right here) we wouldn't need anti-discrimination laws in the first place.

If it was not for laws mandating that businesses discriminate we wouldn't need laws that mandate people not discriminate? Wouldn't it be easier to just get rid of government?

I agree, if she doesnt want to or cant due to religious constraints, I have no problem with it...We let people out of the military due to conscientious objector belief....

ahoy Buckeye45_73,

thats also a good point, matey, the bolded.

i could see if ye had to sail leagues upon leagues to find the next florist the gay men in question might have a complaint, but that probably isn't the case. thar be florists everywhar, as the weddin' industry has been one 'o the more sheltered sectors 'o business durin' the recession and slow recovery.

opinions and reviews be everywhar now, and it may have been bad business fer Arlene’s Flowers and Gifts to be associated with a same sex weddin'.

ye gotta live and let live, i think. if same sex folks wanna get married, thats okies dokies by me - but businesses shouldn't have to be forced to participate.

*bows*

- MeadHallPirate

Last edited:

But let GE Financial withhold a loan from a gun store owner, and.....

:eusa_whistle:

GOP bigotry on display...again.

- This time, it's the troglodytes in Washington state. They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..."
... They've introduced a bill in the legislature to "...allow businesses the right to deny services or goods if they felt doing so was contrary to their -

if you do not like what GE Financial did .... why would you support what the GOP is trying to legislate ???

obviously the Goose and the Gander are two different animals for Republicans.

I fully support the right of GE financial to do what they did.

I bet I could find a 3 year old child that could come up with a better argument than this piece of crap.

Have you considered how it would feel to shoot one of your Nam buddies?

Would it make you hard old man?

What makes it okay for you to disparage someone's military service because you disagree with them politically? I really can't think of anything more UnAmerican, quite frankly. Oh wait....maybe he could give you his address and you can go to his house and spit on him....you know, that thing you think liberals did in the 1970s?

If he lived in Washington and that law passed, he could give legal vent to his prejudice by throwing me out of his store.

The thing about this proposed law which is troubling is that it codifies prejudice as a matter of public policy. That's so counter to our American ideals of justice and fairness that one wonders why they would propose it in the first place and, worse, why anyone who truly thinks of himself as an America would support it.

Horsehockey!

I caould (and would) throw you out of my store for any damned reason I wanted to. Fairness my ass.

That is MY store - MY property and I can boot you for any reason that I want to. That's called "America".

What the hell happened to you? Did you actually turn commie while in RVN??

ahoy Buckeye45_73,

thats also a good point, matey, the bolded.

i could see if ye had to sail leagues upon leagues to find the next florist the gay men in question might have a complaint, but that probably isn't the case. thar be florists everywhar, as the weddin' industry has one 'o the more sheltered sectors 'o business durin' the recession and slow recovery.

opinions and reviews be everywhar now, and it may have been bad business fer Arlene’s Flowers and Gifts to be associated with a same sex weddin'.

ye gotta live and let live, i think. if same sex folks wanna get married, thats okies dokies by me - but businesses shouldn't have to be forced to participate.

*bows*

- MeadHallPirate

I agree....I'm not advocating that....trust me I'm far from left wing!

Is it all you can do to call it bigotry? What if you had a business? What if in that business you refused service to your so called cadre of bigots? What if you were told you couldn't deny them service? Wouldn't you be fighting for that right too?

Cry less please.

Bigotry is the word that fits. Please explain to me how refusing service to someone just because you don't happen to like their lifestyle isn't bigotry.

been to the park lately?

Strawman_%26_Dog.jpg

Thank you for another non-answer.

Well tell me about GM, they dont like gun owners why should they be able to refuse loans?

Look man it is bigotry.....but we all do it.....let people live and let live.....if you dont want a mormon in your house dont let em in...it's your choice bro......since you're a liberal, you're pro choice right?

Sure, bigotry is a common affliction. But, should we legalize it?

You want to make opinions illegal? How do you propose to prove someone has an illegal opinion?

I seem to remember not so long ago the whole Chick-Fil-A brew ha ha over same sex marriage keep in mind what that was about the CEO making donations to groups that opposed same sex marriage not refusing to serve gay people or hire them or refuse them benefits yet we heard these same screams of bigotry and calls for protest and boycotts and a few Mayors even saying they would not allow Chick-Fil-A to open stores in their city. The CEO opposition to gay marriage was based on his strong religious beliefs yet he did not refuse to serve or hire gays but still got the bigotry label thrown at him seems like the left likes to use the bigotry card only slightly less than they do the race card.

Forum List

Back