GOP bigotry on display...again.

Is it a violation of your civil rights for a business to refuse to serve you because of the way you look, the way you smell, or the way you act? The answer is...it depends.

The Federal Civil Rights Act guarantees all people the right to "full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin."[...]

In addition to the protections against discrimination provided under federal law, many states have passed their own Civil Rights Acts that provide broader protections than the Federal Civil Rights Act. [...]

Like many issues involving constitutional law, the law against discrimination in public accommodations is in a constant state of change. Some argue that anti-discrimination laws in matters of public accommodations create a conflict between the ideal of equality and individual rights. Does the guaranteed right to public access mean the business owner's private right to exclude is violated? For the most part, courts have decided that the constitutional interest in providing equal access to public accommodations outweighs the individual liberties involved.

The Right to Refuse Service

Stupid right wingers. Crying like a baby because they want to discriminate against a paying customer.
And even had to go to the legislature to make a law so they could discriminate against a paying customer. Smart business owner right there eh?

Actually, the business owner just wanted a little "free" advertising. I discriminate against right winger whack jobs whenever I can. But being smarter than a right winger, I don't need the hated government to make a law allowing me to discriminate.

Wtf is the matter with you whack jobs? You hate the government UNLESS you can get the governmnet to help you do hateful things. Wierd fuks. Just discriminate against whoever you want to. Quitely. But quit telling everyone how you want to discriminate. And how you want to governmnet to support what ever it is you want to do. Stupid right wingers.

Have you considered how it would feel to shoot one of your Nam buddies?

Would it make you hard old man?

What makes it okay for you to disparage someone's military service because you disagree with them politically? I really can't think of anything more UnAmerican, quite frankly. Oh wait....maybe he could give you his address and you can go to his house and spit on him....you know, that thing you think liberals did in the 1970s?

Stupid right wingers. Crying like a baby because they want to discriminate against a paying customer.
And even had to go to the legislature to make a law so they could discriminate against a paying customer. Smart business owner right there eh?

Actually, the business owner just wanted a little "free" advertising. I discriminate against right winger whack jobs whenever I can. But being smarter than a right winger, I don't need the hated government to make a law allowing me to discriminate.

Wtf is the matter with you whack jobs? You hate the government UNLESS you can get the governmnet to help you do hateful things. Wierd fuks. Just discriminate against whoever you want to. Quitely. But quit telling everyone how you want to discriminate. And how you want to governmnet to support what ever it is you want to do. Stupid right wingers.

I think the law was designed to protect against hypocrites like yourself. You try and take some moral highground about discrimination then admit that you do it yourself you're just sneaky about it. I doubt there could be a more fitting example of liberal hypocrisy then your post.

As you say they would be turning away paying customers to their loss. Let the free market rein.

Last edited:
Repeal all public accommodation laws! Bring back whites only lunch counters!

That would be a good way to weed out those who would discriminate. They would go out of business for lack of customers. I would not frequent an establishment that segregated. But then again it is a private business.

What makes it okay for you to disparage someone's military service because you disagree with them politically? I really can't think of anything more UnAmerican, quite frankly. Oh wait....maybe he could give you his address and you can go to his house and spit on him....you know, that thing you think liberals did in the 1970s?

If he lived in Washington and that law passed, he could give legal vent to his prejudice by throwing me out of his store.

The thing about this proposed law which is troubling is that it codifies prejudice as a matter of public policy. That's so counter to our American ideals of justice and fairness that one wonders why they would propose it in the first place and, worse, why anyone who truly thinks of himself as an America would support it.

The law forcing a business to serve everyone without any choice is unconstitutional. It tears the 1st amendment apart at the seams.......

From the OP "sincerely held religious beliefs"....... The question remains how to prove those religious beliefs.....

The law forcing a business to serve everyone without any choice is unconstitutional. It tears the 1st amendment apart at the seams.......

From the OP "sincerely held religious beliefs"....... The question remains how to prove those religious beliefs.....

Disagree, Ollie. When a business serves the public interests, the public's rights take precedence over the business's rights to discriminate for any reason other than health and safety.

We get it old man,you support Leftwing Facism.

I love the multiple claims of thread fail. That's like SOP when the right finds itself having to defend the indefensible, as if saying it several times makes it come true. In reality, it's similar to clicking your heels together and chanting, "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto."

But, you are still in Kansas and that proposed legislation is still a thinly disguised attempt to legalize discrimination against homosexuals. There's no way to talk around that.

I suppose next, the tactic to avoid admitting it will be to bear down on the personal attacks so the Mods will move this thread off the main page.

The old man has adopted the belief system of that which he so "boldly" fought against...when a thing is true it is simply true.

I understand that calling a spade a spade is not "fashionable" in certain circles....tough shit.

I was in the barracks when the boys came home, tell them they didn't get spit on.

Pretend they didn't cry at night in their bunks.

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

I can't wait for the crying then.

so, to be clear; exercising "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..." is bigotry:doubt:

you know whats funny ( but not peculiar ) that in some folks eyes, theres never a good faith argument.....its always straight to bigotry, or one of the assorted 'ism's'....

if you never recognize anyones right to hold a deeply held value that they attempt to live their life by and assign it any value, then don't fucking ask for any of your own....

see how that works?

Commerce is not governed by 1st Amendment concerns.

The law is patently unconstitutional.

You have it precisely backwards, fuckstick. The First Amendment takes priority over the commerce clause since it came afterwards. Furthermore, prior to the swine FDR packing of the Supreme Court, the commerce clause we interpreted to mean that government could regulate transportation services that crossed state lines, and only that.

Sigh. Mind your mouth and reported.

"When" means nothing at all. What a silly statement.
Reported for what? Are there new rules im unaware of?

It is no more than an attempt at marginalization, a common lefty tactic.

It's funny that they (the left) embrace facism at every turn to get their way.

Ummm hummmm. That's what I figured. The usual suspects are lining up to support legalized bigotry, but where's the surprise in that?

I'll bet it'll be a different tune when they walk into a store and the owner says, "Sorry. Selling to anybody with a Mitt Romney bumper sticker is against my philosophical beliefs." Or, "Out of gas? Gee, that's too bad, but selling it to you violates my conscience because I love the earth." Or, "We'd love to have your kid in our private school, but my sincerely held religious beliefs won't let me teach the "wrong" kind of person. And, you're the wrong kind of person."

Extreme examples? Not in the least. In their rush to be seen as "standing up" against the homosexual agenda to massage their bigoted base, they'll once again create a helluva lot more problems than they'll solve and their bias will boomerang back.

so, to be clear; exercising "sincerely held religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, or matters of conscience..." is bigotry:doubt:

you know whats funny ( but not peculiar or disagreement) that in some folks eyes, theres never a good faith argument.....its always straight to bigotry, or one of the assorted 'ism'....

if you never recognize anyones right to hold a deeply held value that they attempt to live their life by and assign it any value, then don't fucking ask for any of your own....

see how that works?

Jakey is a soft (literally) sensitive 90's guy....his sensibilities have been offnded.

I am betting Admin sees his "reports" and just roll their eyes.

You have it precisely backwards, fuckstick. The First Amendment takes priority over the commerce clause since it came afterwards. Furthermore, prior to the swine FDR packing of the Supreme Court, the commerce clause we interpreted to mean that government could regulate transportation services that crossed state lines, and only that.

Sigh. Mind your mouth and reported.

"When" means nothing at all. What a silly statement.
Reported for what? Are there new rules im unaware of?

I have read Roo's far wing nut libertarian ranting comments here, and I have come to realize that if he is insane.

Of course Jake, freedom IS insane to a Statist.

Freedom is anithetical to your particular form of central authoritarianism.

If you think I am a libertarian you aren't very smart Jakey :)

I have read Roo's far wing nut libertarian ranting comments here, and I have come to realize that if he is insane.

Your ranting libertarianism simply means you don't want government and you don't want to pay taxes. But you are not an anarchist, kid: that is clear. You are simply loony.

Of course Jake, freedom IS insane to a Statist.

Freedom is anithetical to your particular form of central authoritarianism.

If you think I am a libertarian you aren't very smart Jakey :)

you know whats funny ( but not peculiar ) that in some folks eyes, theres never a good faith argument.....its always straight to bigotry, or one of the assorted 'ism's'....

see how that works?

Equal Tyranny. Equal Misery.

Forum List

Back