GOP DROPS FILIBUSTER, Obama gets His budget with $1 trillion tax hike!

My point is I want to cut government expenditures. The middle and upper middle classes of federal government workers can give up some of their income.

There are much better ways to cut government expenditures. Reduce overlapping programs, reduce the amount of hires to replace retiring employees, instead transfer employees who's jobs have been eleminated to those open positions.
You really don't have to screw with any government employee's job to score political points.

Last edited:
50 to 49

Every Republican voted against this idiotic budget. 4 Democrats voted against as well.

This is a definitive win?

:lmao:

you really dont like democracy huh?

democracy means you deserve what you vote for, you voted for obama, you deserve what he is doing to you and your grandchildren. His policies are destroying their future, does that somehow make you happy?

and Bush did what for our children?

Dude your lies dont fly

My point is I want to cut government expenditures. The middle and upper middle classes of federal government workers can give up some of their income.

There are much better ways to cut government expenditures. Reduce overlapping programs, reduce the amount of hires to replace retiring employees, instead transfer employees who's jobs have been eleminated to those open positions.
You really don't have to screw with any government employee's job to score political points.

Nothing about political points, Meister: that shenanigan is for the ultra right and ultra left.

If government needs to be cut, then civil servants get cut as well.

We forced a three year wage freeze on our the county employees, aimed at the tax assessor's office along with cutting the TA staff by two. Government and employees have to tighten, just like civilians and business.

To argue otherwise is to make points with someone who should not be rewarding points.

WASHINGTON — After a grueling, all-night debate that ended close to 5 a.m., the Senate on Saturday adopted its first budget in four years, a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would fast-track passage of tax increases, trim spending gingerly and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now

Senate Passes $3.7 Trillion Budget, Its First in 4 Years

The Adults are back!!

:clap2:

Keep your seat. It's DOA in the House.

I wouldn't be to sure about that ... the key here is Republicans withdrew their 4 year filibuster on Obama's budget.

Obama's budget will now replace Bush's 2009 budget debacle which Republicans have defended with their lives for 4 long years!

:)

Obviously, you've never read The Constitution.

Indeed. And most importantly: reform entitlement spending. We're going to have to limit benefit increases and move to means testing.

Indeed. And most importantly: reform entitlement spending. We're going to have to limit benefit increases and move to means testing.

Answered in #103 above. I believe in means testing, but that can't get through the Senate, much less the House. Massive cuts in Defense in conjunction with entitlement reform spending: both at once, or not at all.

50 to 49

Every Republican voted against this idiotic budget. 4 Democrats voted against as well.

This is a definitive win?

:lmao:

you really dont like democracy huh?

I love and embrace sane politicians from every side of the aisle. When they work for the people.

I'm a Jack Layton fan.

Go look him up TM. A hero beyond.

Go fuck yourself if you don't know I embrace the sane left.

and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now.

And you feel that is a good thing truly scary.

Our 46th Vice President, Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney said:

"Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due.
What Cheney meant was that the deficit didn't matter to the electorate, which voted in Republicans, despite having been told throughout the nineties that "balancing the budget" and reducing the National government's deficit was the holy grail. And, since Cheney's only interest was in having power, the deficit didn't matter to him for sure".

So we should only worry about the debt when the party we don't back is in control ?

and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now.

And you feel that is a good thing truly scary.

"Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. We won the mid-term elections, this is our due.
What Cheney meant was that the deficit didn't matter to the electorate, which voted in Republicans, despite having been told throughout the nineties that "balancing the budget" and reducing the National government's deficit was the holy grail. And, since Cheney's only interest was in having power, the deficit didn't matter to him for sure".

So we should only worry about the debt when the party we don't back is in control ?

That is as Republican a comment as can be made on the subject. Congrats.

The Senate is majority democrat. No surprise that they want increased taxes. They want taxes increased until the back of the American economy is broken. If they can't do it with taxes, they will do it with regulations putting more and more entire industries out of business like they are doing in Maine with the fishermen. Come May 1, there will be no fishing industry in the nation. Good job democrats.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you against fining BP for putting Gulf fishermen out of business?

That is as Republican a comment as can be made on the subject. Congrats.
And your response is as Democrat as it can get.

The Senate is majority democrat. No surprise that they want increased taxes. They want taxes increased until the back of the American economy is broken. If they can't do it with taxes, they will do it with regulations putting more and more entire industries out of business like they are doing in Maine with the fishermen. Come May 1, there will be no fishing industry in the nation. Good job democrats.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you against fining BP for putting Gulf fishermen out of business?

In Maine?

Really?

WASHINGTON — After a grueling, all-night debate that ended close to 5 a.m., the Senate on Saturday adopted its first budget in four years, a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would fast-track passage of tax increases, trim spending gingerly and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now

Senate Passes $3.7 Trillion Budget, Its First in 4 Years

The Adults are back!!

:clap2:
After a absence playing in the sandbox the children pass a bill that increases taxes to help their stupid spending. Idiots.

Just a side note to this thread this is not Obama's budget as the title suggest we will not get his budget till sometime in April.

lets get a couple things straight about the GOP budget
1. it does not fuck over people who have paidinto the system for years, SS and medicare will not change one iota for anyone over 55
2. it does not cut any govt program, it grows govt spending by 3.5% per year, the dem budget grows it by 5% per year
3. it will not put people out of work, the govt budget GROWS, do you fools understand the word GROWS?
Again that is not true, and another example of how easily the Misinformation Voter is mislead!

For those over 55 their SS benefits will be CUT by the GOP's change in the way the cost of living adjustment is calculated.

another lie. the COLA to SS last year was less than 2%, in 2011 it was zero. Again, reducing the amount of increase is NOT A CUT.

If my SS check was $1000 and I expected it to go to $1020 and it only goes to $1018, That is NOT A CUT.

damn, I wish you libs would stop lying.
CON$ always pretend to be stupid so they can lie with impunity. :eusa_liar: They have CONvinced themselves that if you are too stupid to know you are telling a lie, you must be telling the truth. :cuckoo:

If you have $1000 and you need $1020 to keep up with inflation and you only have $1018 that is a CUT in your ability to do the same as last year. Reducing the amount of increase to the point where it no longer keeps up with inflation is a CUT. If your investments did not yield enough to keep up with inflation, you would say you were LOSING money even though you have more money than you had last year. Your total dollars would be WORTH LESS than your total dollars were worth last year. That is a CUT in their purchasing power. Not even CON$ are stupid enough not to know this!!!

I remember crying for true...the hurt is his callouas indifferenceHe doesnt care

This just hurts.

I can tell you an easter story when I didn't know politics. I climbed the needle with my dad.

In Maine?

Really?
WTF are you talking about?

That guy's a hypocrite! He cares about the fishermen in Maine, but could care less about the fishermen in the gulf?

No worries. The Gulf has Southern Living. Man what a fabulous piece on the Gulf this time. I'm keeping that mag for when I'm down there next winter. It's a groovy guide.

Amen. My favorite. Don't know you but rep coming your way....

Forum List

Back