GOP DROPS FILIBUSTER, Obama gets His budget with $1 trillion tax hike!

The Senate is majority democrat. No surprise that they want increased taxes. They want taxes increased until the back of the American economy is broken. If they can't do it with taxes, they will do it with regulations putting more and more entire industries out of business like they are doing in Maine with the fishermen. Come May 1, there will be no fishing industry in the nation. Good job democrats.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you against fining BP for putting Gulf fishermen out of business?

Obama put them out of business. BP was simply the excuse.

Sort of the way he's attacking gun owners by using Sandyhook as an excuse.

You know the liberal Democrats have no plan oand no foresight when they think the Senate "budget notion is a good idea and worthy of props.

They even pretend that our crushing debt and deficit aint no thang.

Those stupid, dishonest fucking weasel dick cock suckers.

WTF are you talking about?

That guy's a hypocrite! He cares about the fishermen in Maine, but could care less about the fishermen in the gulf?

No worries. The Gulf has Southern Living. Man what a fabulous piece on the Gulf this time. I'm keeping that mag for when I'm down there next winter. It's a groovy guide.

Amen. My favorite. Don't know you but rep coming your way....

Yeah, you know me. I was on a bancation for about a month. :eusa_silenced:

WASHINGTON — After a grueling, all-night debate that ended close to 5 a.m., the Senate on Saturday adopted its first budget in four years, a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would fast-track passage of tax increases, trim spending gingerly and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now

Senate Passes $3.7 Trillion Budget, Its First in 4 Years

The Adults are back!!

:clap2:

Keep your seat. It's DOA in the House.

don't waste your time, ;)I have already posted the budget reconciliation methodology for him, but, hes stuck on stupid.

WASHINGTON — After a grueling, all-night debate that ended close to 5 a.m., the Senate on Saturday adopted its first budget in four years, a $3.7 trillion blueprint for 2014 that would fast-track passage of tax increases, trim spending gingerly and leave the government still deeply in the debt a decade from now

The Adults are back!!

I wouldn't be to sure about that ... the key here is Republicans withdrew their 4 year filibuster on Obama's budget.

Obama's budget will now replace Bush's 2009 budget debacle which Republicans have defended with their lives for 4 long years!

:)

a)obama didn't present a budget request, put down the bong...

b) the filibuster only works when they evoke CLOTURE on a bill......that requires 3/5ths, thats 60 btw

c) for a budget to pass in the senate, requires only a simple majority, thats 51 usually, but here they got it at 50 becasue there was only 99 senators voting, leaving...come on you can do it....how many is left ?

:rolleyes:

you and melvin should get a room...

The Senate is majority democrat. No surprise that they want increased taxes. They want taxes increased until the back of the American economy is broken. If they can't do it with taxes, they will do it with regulations putting more and more entire industries out of business like they are doing in Maine with the fishermen. Come May 1, there will be no fishing industry in the nation. Good job democrats.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you against fining BP for putting Gulf fishermen out of business?

Obama put them out of business. BP was simply the excuse.

Sort of the way he's attacking gun owners by using Sandyhook as an excuse.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I wouldn't be to sure about that ... the key here is Republicans withdrew their 4 year filibuster on Obama's budget.

Obama's budget will now replace Bush's 2009 budget debacle which Republicans have defended with their lives for 4 long years!

b) the filibuster only works when they evoke CLOTURE on a bill......that requires 3/5ths, thats 60 btw

c) for a budget to pass in the senate, requires only a simple majority, thats 51 usually, but here they got it at 50 becasue there was only 99 senators voting, leaving...come on you can do it....how many is left ?

While that is true, it is only a half-truth. A budget that passed the Senate by a simple majority the first time can only become enacted if the House passes it without a single change. If the House makes even the smallest change, the changed budget goes back to the Senate where it will need 60 votes to pass from then on.

Beware of the half-truth. You may have gotten hold of the wrong half.
- Seymour Essrog

While that is true, it is only a half-truth. A budget that passed the Senate by a simple majority the first time can only become enacted if the House passes it without a single change. If the House makes even the smallest change, the changed budget goes back to the Senate where it will need 60 votes to pass from then on.

- Seymour Essrog

you didn't know shit about the budget process till I had to embarrass you ( again) and tell you about it homer.

I was answering this posters idiotic assertions. ( and the bill with house changes, is no longer considered 'concurrent', and can be sent back to committee, either approved or changed , again, voted as a simple majority then sent back to the house, again)

want to try exercising your wit ( poorly ) on why they are not adhering to regular order in the process? where is obamas budget request?

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
-Confucius

Why do we indulge a lie. It was 50 to 49 with 4 dems voting against this.

I'm getting sick to death of these lies.

The Adults are back!!

You are aware that this is a budget resolution, it is non-binding and simply an outline for future spending bills. Also any bill that raises revenue must originate in the house. So you may want to put the bong away, it's a bit premature to celebrate.

- Seymour Essrog

Yeah like 50 to 49 4 Dems against.

I got two words for ya....

Picture+5-1.png

- Seymour Essrog

you didn't know shit about the budget process till I had to embarrass you ( again) and tell you about it homer.

I was answering this posters idiotic assertions. ( and the bill with house changes, is no longer considered 'concurrent', and can be sent back to committee, either approved or changed , again, voted as a simple majority then sent back to the house, again)

want to try exercising your wit ( poorly ) on why they are not adhering to regular order in the process? where is obamas budget request?

"Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change."
-Confucius
Again you show your complete stupidity while pretending to be a know-it-all.

What you again left out with your second half-truth is that before the changed bill can be voted upon and passed by a simple majority, debate must be stopped which still takes 60 votes because there is no time limit on debating the changed budget!!!!!

A half-truth is a whole lie.
- Yiddish Proverb

Look 50 to 49 with 4 defections from Dems to the R's is not a victory.

You should be ashamed of yourself to even dream of this thread because it is a lie from the get go.

Not reported on the Pub propaganda machine- all the "tax hikes" are cutting loopholes on the bloated rich, half of whom, the Dems of course, WANT THEM!

U.S. Senate narrowly passes first budget in four years | Reuters

Of course the House will kill this, but at least we don't have to hear the Pub BS about no Dems budgets anymore.

BTW, they have put the fiscal cliff/debt ceiling crisis!!!!! off till September thank god and made it possible for the gov't to lessen the effects of the sequester....also not televised ....lol. Hallelujah ANYWAY!

The disfunction has mainly not allowed cuts that hurt the recovery., though has also stopped any jobs/infrastructure bills, which is STUPID.

So a $22 billion cut and the Dems scream death and doom, a $1 trillion tax hike and the left doesn't think that taking this from hard working Americans is going to help?

Something is wrong with the way people think.

Forum List

Back