GOP, going...going...go...

IsaacNewton

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2015
I liked Kasich and Trump certainly held his own and delivered his patented SMASH. Bush looked wobbly. Rubio was poised.

Honestly the thing that struck me is there is no Republican party any more. They have given ownership over to Rupert Murdoch. Faux News has finally outed itself completely as the Republican channel, but they aren't content just covering and assisting the Republicans any more.

As much as I think many Republicans are dopes and their policies are whackjob incarnate, we do need more than one major political party. The democrats are not perfect and never have been. As a lifelong little i independent I have voted for Republicans in the past if I thought they were the better choice. It is rather sad to see this party in its death throws and not going out with a fight but with a whimper. Why would any political party allow A TV CHANNEL, that only has 2 million viewers a day, to dictate their presidential election process of picking their candidate?

You can tell Faux News decided ahead of time who they were going to attack, Trump being top of the list. They went after him with both barrels. THE front runner among Republican voters by a large margin.

I still don't get it, why does one of the two major political parties allow a minor cable tv channel to dictate their presidential primary debates and schedule, and in all eventuality choose their candidate? Partisanship aside, I REALLY DON'T GET. And I don't like it. Voters, whatever the party, should be picking their candidate. That is what this democracy is about. Voters.

The party appears to want to split into rabid far far right wingers and a libertarian leaning entity. The hard right cannot survive though, demographics are at the tipping point against them. I'd say the libertarian-like version is most likely to continue on.

In any case its rather disheartening to see one of the major parties in the world's leading democracy giving over their political machinery to a tv channel.

I liked Kasich and Trump certainly held his own and delivered his patented SMASH. Bush looked wobbly. Rubio was poised.

Honestly the thing that struck me is there is no Republican party any more. They have given ownership over to Rupert Murdoch. Faux News has finally outed itself completely as the Republican channel, but they aren't content just covering and assisting the Republicans any more.

As much as I think many Republicans are dopes and their policies are whackjob incarnate, we do need more than one major political party. The democrats are not perfect and never have been. As a lifelong little i independent I have voted for Republicans in the past if I thought they were the better choice. It is rather sad to see this party in its death throws and not going out with a fight but with a whimper. Why would any political party allow A TV CHANNEL, that only has 2 million viewers a day, to dictate their presidential election process of picking their candidate?

You can tell Faux News decided ahead of time who they were going to attack, Trump being top of the list. They went after him with both barrels. THE front runner among Republican voters by a large margin.

I still don't get it, why does one of the two major political parties allow a minor cable tv channel to dictate their presidential primary debates and schedule, and in all eventuality choose their candidate? Partisanship aside, I REALLY DON'T GET. And I don't like it. Voters, whatever the party, should be picking their candidate. That is what this democracy is about. Voters.

The party appears to want to split into rabid far far right wingers and a libertarian leaning entity. The hard right cannot survive though, demographics are at the tipping point against them. I'd say the libertarian-like version is most likely to continue on.

In any case its rather disheartening to see one of the major parties in the world's leading democracy giving over their political machinery to a tv channel.

Another great piece of left wing propaganda not supported by the facts, Fox is only hosting 40% of the currently scheduled GOP debates including tonights.

2016 presidential debate schedule Dates times moderators and topics - POLITICO Staff - POLITICO

But no reason to let facts get in the way of a good propaganda story, right?

Another great piece of left wing propaganda not supported by the facts, Fox is only hosting 40% of the currently scheduled GOP debates including tonights.

2016 presidential debate schedule Dates times moderators and topics - POLITICO Staff - POLITICO

Who cares about the 'percentage'. They aren't 'hosting', they are dictating the schedule and who gets to participate, and thus who has a real chance of being nominated by the party.

Spin it however you like, the Republican party handed over the primary to Rupert Murdoch and they attempted to cut the legs off the front runner Donald Trump.

Those are the facts.

Who cares about the 'percentage'. They aren't 'hosting', they are dictating the schedule and who gets to participate, and thus who has a real chance of being nominated by the party.

Spin it however you like, the Republican party handed over the primary to Rupert Murdoch and they attempted to cut the legs off the front runner Donald Trump.

Those are the facts.

LMAO, if those are the facts, they failed. Everyone will be talking about Trump tomorrow and the others will be a side note.

BTW CNN is using the same criteria as Fox to determine who appears in their prime time debates. So keep on whining, the facts don't support you.

Those are the facts.

LMAO, if those are the facts, they failed. Everyone will be talking about Trump tomorrow and the others will be a side note.

BTW CNN is using the same criteria as Fox to determine who appears in their prime time debates. So keep on whining, the facts don't support you.

LOL I feel sorry for you and your defunct party. Your mind needs to spin it so it 'feels' better but that is all it is, spin.

So feel better.

Those are the facts.

LOL I feel sorry for you and your defunct party. Your mind needs to spin it so it 'feels' better but that is all it is, spin.

So feel better.
May want to check the fact there, chief.
Democrats have lost 9000 seats since 2007. You have to look hard to find a Democratic governor or a state house that is not GOP majority. House and Senate of course are also held by the GOP.
So other than Obama's freak win, based on fraud and huge black voter pandering, Democrats have been electoral losers for years.

The reality is that this has been happening for so long, now they're just being blatant about it. There's never been a fair presidential election, never has there been true democracy, never have any of these ideals existed.

The elections are as rigged as they can make them. Stupid people are bought off the same as Pepsi, Coca-Cola, McDonalds etc have got stupid people buying their inferior products for a higher price.

Those are the facts.

Then again is someone like Trump really worthy of the presidency when he outwardly attacks those with so much power, power over the country AND power of the party he's decided to run for?

Why would any political party allow A TV CHANNEL, that only has 2 million viewers a day,

Which cable channel does better?

and which other major channel gives the Republican party equal time?

MSNBC?

CNN?

Those are the facts.

Then again is someone like Trump really worthy of the presidency when he outwardly attacks those with so much power, power over the country AND power of the party he's decided to run for?

Well my post is about the GOP giving up ownership of their party in general to, what a surprise, some rich guy and his tv channel. I mean it is bizarre. A political party in a democracy handing the keys to their party to one man who gets to tell them how they are going to nominate someone in their party to run for president. Forget the names of the parties or people, just think about that in a generic way. This is how democracies begin to implode.

My statement that Faux News went after Trump with both barrels is being born out by many of the political pundits. And yes I think it is good for any candidate to tell their party to stick it. A pond that isn't fed by fresh water becomes stagnant and dead water.

Those are the facts.

So feel better.

Now that is down right funny. The Republican party is vibrant and alive with canidates. Young/old, white/Latino, white/black and women. The democrat party is like a broken down cart, Hillary. And talk about helping a candidate or party, they put off the first democrat debate until October hoping Hillary can have time to recover from her brain injury, won't happen.

Well my post is about the GOP giving up ownership of their party in general to, what a surprise, some rich guy and his tv channel. I mean it is bizarre. A political party in a democracy handing the keys to their party to one man who gets to tell them how they are going to nominate someone in their party to run for president. Forget the names of the parties or people, just think about that in a generic way. This is how democracies begin to implode.

My statement that Faux News went after Trump with both barrels is being born out by many of the political pundits. And yes I think it is good for any candidate to tell their party to stick it. A pond that isn't fed by fresh water becomes stagnant and dead water.
But then maybe the party has seen that the party has been controlled by someone like him for a long time.

The problem is most people just didn't notice it. Now some people notice it, but not that many. Many are just excited the race has become more superstar reality TV like.

But then maybe the party has seen that the party has been controlled by someone like him for a long time.

The problem is most people just didn't notice it. Now some people notice it, but not that many. Many are just excited the race has become more superstar reality TV like.

Controlled by someone like him? The exact opposite. They like him because they are dead tired of the milk-toast John Boehner types that never stray from strict party lines.

Faux News is getting a boat load of angry email for how they treated Trump.

This phenomena is real and gaining steam in the Republican party.

Controlled by someone like him? The exact opposite. They like him because they are dead tired of the milk-toast John Boehner types that never stray from strict party lines.

The thing is, it just means that someone like Murdoch is going to have to better at the game. Maybe Trump is someone he's planted in the first place. Makes sense. Get everyone worked up, then pretend that democracy has come back to the party, but the reality is just that they've stage managed the whole thing.

The thing is, it just means that someone like Murdoch is going to have to better at the game. Maybe Trump is someone he's planted in the first place. Makes sense. Get everyone worked up, then pretend that democracy has come back to the party, but the reality is just that they've stage managed the whole thing.

It doesn't have the feel of being rigged. Remember, Trump is losing a lot of money and business since he started this run. It would be just too big of a 'fix' for it to be a constructed show. And his ego is so huge that he wouldn't subject himself to all the derision he's had to take.

Murdoch and Faux News lost a lot more last night than they gained by attacking Trump, that is sure.

Very partisan hack of you. What is really interesting is that this process (and resultant BS candidates) has been going on in both parties for a long time now. You like to single out the republicans which is a laughable joke when the dems do the exact same thing. Not only are they both engaged in this asshattery but the republicans are actually lashing out AGAINST IT. That is why the fields have been so large. Note, however, that the dems actually embrace it. They have ONE candidate – that is it. Hillary has no real challengers.

Who is having their candidate selected for them again?

Yes, hack indeed.

Then an actual look at the current makeup of the government shows exactly how asinine this idiotic left wing claim that the Republican Party is not popular or is going to disappear. They are kicking the shit out of the dems in every category minus the presidency. You would think that the democrats believe that the president actually controls the entire government…

The dems will make some inroads this election and the pendulum of power will swing back and forth as it has for a very long time.

It doesn't have the feel of being rigged. Remember, Trump is losing a lot of money and business since he started this run. It would be just too big of a 'fix' for it to be a constructed show. And his ego is so huge that he wouldn't subject himself to all the derision he's had to take.

Murdoch and Faux News lost a lot more last night than they gained by attacking Trump, that is sure.

Trump might be losing business, but maybe he doesn't care. He's getting close to 70, he's old, he wants the excitement, he wants the showbiz. What can he lose, really? Not much. So, someone in the media comes to him and says, hey, how about this, we jazz it up, see where it goes. Last time it went nowhere, so they sat down and made it more jazzy.

Murdoch's getting great viewing figures out of Trump, Trump's getting name recognition far and above what he's had before. If he becomes President, he's president, if not, then he can let the dust lie and then go make MORE money, because he's MORE famous.

YAAAAAAAWWWWNNNN

IF ANY of the left-wing losers here actually believed that they would find something better to do than whine every day of their lives about people they insist are going to be extinct soon

Fox is only hosting 40% of the currently scheduled GOP debates including tonights.

And 0% of the Democratic debates.

Fox is the Republican channel.

And by hosting the first debate, they get to decide which 10 of the 17 GOP candidates are in the Kool Kids Klub.

Forum List

Back