GOP jobs agenda

Oh, that's right...if you don't throw out the job losses of 2009...then you can't come up with your total...can you?
That's including job losses. Hence, "net" gain.

In February, 2010, there were 107,187,000 people employed in the private sector. Many found jobs, many lost jobs, many lost and then found jobs. But by the end of last month, after 58 consecutive months, we ended up with 118,402,000 people working.

That's a net gain of 11.2 million jobs.

The way to "create" jobs is for the friggin government to get out of the way of business. Stop taxing them and regulating them out of business.

The US has become a nation hostile to business and then the stupid people that made it hostile wonders why we have low employment and why successful American businesses flee the country, duh.

The Republicans are a party of big government and not that much different than the Democrats. However, they are slightly better at stimulating capitalism and we generally do better when they are in charge. The Republicans are always better than the Democrats but that is not saying much because the Democrats are so terrible. It doesn't take much to be better than those butt pirates.

As long as we have this corrupt incompetent big bloated government that collects over 40% of the GNP (combined fed, state and local) this country is never going to live up to its potential.
Yeah, sure ... that's why we've had 58 consecutive months of job growth to the tune of a net gain of 11.2 million jobs.

Net gain, Faun? Really?
Yes, really.

Feb/2010: 107,187,000
Dec/2014: 118,402,000

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Why did you start in 2/10?
Because 2/10 was 58 months ago.

So Barack Obama has only been President for 58 months? Gosh, who was running the country when W. went back to Crawford, Texas?

Yeah, sure ... that's why we've had 58 consecutive months of job growth to the tune of a net gain of 11.2 million jobs.

Net gain, Faun? Really?
Yes, really.

Unlike how conservatives 'think' the economy turns on a dime, it took awhile to stop Dubya/GOP's policy from damaging US? I mean the economy dumped 9%+ the last quarter of Dubya remember? AND was losing 700,000+ jobs a month when Obama came in???

perfect-cartoon-6-5-2010.jpg

W's policies...specifically TARP are what turned the economy back around! The recession officially ended back in 2009 because of the very unpopular steps that Bush took to stabilize the economy. What we've seen SINCE then has been six years of a total lack of an economic plan to create jobs and stimulate the economy.
Ummm, TARP was not a stimulus package. Care to explain how a non-stimulus package stimulated the economy? Or are you just desperately seeking for a solution to credit Bush with?

Dad23 kicking your all's ass AGAIN,

"Clinton's 1993 (DEM party without ONE GOP vote) budget cuts, which reduced projected red ink by more than $400 billion over five years, sparked a major drop in interest rates that helped boost investment in all the equipment and systems that brought forth the New Age economy of technological innovation and rising productivity."
Business Week, May 19, 1997

Here you go oldstyle. One simple paragraph from Business Week. Did Clinton sign budget cuts with NO Republicans going along that reduced projected red ink by 400 billion over 5 years.

For some reason the writers at Business Week believed that he (Clinton) did do that. D23 believes that. I believe that.

So you should be able to easily prove both D23 and Business Week wrong. Like you all say D23 is wrong all the time. Piece of cake. You are gonna do it, right? Prove what he posted about Clinton was wrong.

Since I wasn't having that discussion with Dad, why would I need to prove something that I didn't state in the first place? I believe that's an argument that someone else was making.

"Since I wasn't having that discussion with Dad, why would I need to prove something that I didn't state in the first place?"

OLDIE:

You don't rely on "facts", Dad! You distort what's factual to fit your naive and uninformed views and then spam disinformation! You're the very ESSENCE of an internet "troll".

GOP jobs agenda Page 36 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

OLDIE:

You come on here with utter nonsense from sites like "The Peoples View" and post their head in the sand propaganda like it's gospel. Why even bother?

OLDIE TO ZEKE:

So you'd be happier if I spammed nonsense from biased right wing sites non-stop...as Dad does? Seriously?

The difference between Dad and myself is that I actually CAN think for myself and don't need to surf idiotic sites like that so I can reinforce some of the most idiotic conclusions I've ever seen!

GOP jobs agenda Page 37 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

LOL

How do any of those quotes have anything to do with a Business Week article?

"Clinton's 1993 (DEM party without ONE GOP vote) budget cuts, which reduced projected red ink by more than $400 billion over five years, sparked a major drop in interest rates that helped boost investment in all the equipment and systems that brought forth the New Age economy of technological innovation and rising productivity."
Business Week, May 19, 1997

Here you go oldstyle. One simple paragraph from Business Week. Did Clinton sign budget cuts with NO Republicans going along that reduced projected red ink by 400 billion over 5 years.

For some reason the writers at Business Week believed that he (Clinton) did do that. D23 believes that. I believe that.

So you should be able to easily prove both D23 and Business Week wrong. Like you all say D23 is wrong all the time. Piece of cake. You are gonna do it, right? Prove what he posted about Clinton was wrong.

Since I wasn't having that discussion with Dad, why would I need to prove something that I didn't state in the first place? I believe that's an argument that someone else was making.

"Since I wasn't having that discussion with Dad, why would I need to prove something that I didn't state in the first place?"

OLDIE:

You don't rely on "facts", Dad! You distort what's factual to fit your naive and uninformed views and then spam disinformation! You're the very ESSENCE of an internet "troll".

OLDIE:

You come on here with utter nonsense from sites like "The Peoples View" and post their head in the sand propaganda like it's gospel. Why even bother?

OLDIE TO ZEKE:

So you'd be happier if I spammed nonsense from biased right wing sites non-stop...as Dad does? Seriously?

The difference between Dad and myself is that I actually CAN think for myself and don't need to surf idiotic sites like that so I can reinforce some of the most idiotic conclusions I've ever seen!

LOL

How do any of those have anything to do with either Clinton budget cuts or a Business Week article?

lol, You are to funny Bubba, NOT honest, but funny

So you think that the millions of Americans who worked in the Private Sector and got laid off...forcing them to burn up their life's savings...while public sector employees and companies like Solyndra got billions is "funny"? Interesting concept you have about humor.

The agenda should be to repeal obungocare and regulations on business. Jobs will magically appear.

Jobs are appearing now, Neil...simply because business people trying to predict what might happen in the future no longer have to worry about the progressive wing of the Democratic Party passing Cap & Trade legislation that will increase their energy costs to an unsustainable level. It's one more concern taken out of the equation when job creators sit down to decide whether or not to go ahead with expansion.
Actually, jobs have been appearing for 5 years now. Especially in the private sector which is currently up to it's 58th consecutive month of job growth. That makes it the longest stretch of job growth recorded in U.S. history.

latest_numbers_CES0500000001_2004_2014_all_period_M12_data.gif
And where are those jobs appearing, Faun? What's driving this new economic surge?
Mining and logging

Construction

Manufacturing

Trade, transportation, and utilities

Financial activities

Professional and business services

Education and health services

Leisure and hospitality

Other services

Did you want to take a crack at explaining which Obama initiative brought about those 1.7 million jobs in the natural gas and oil production industries, Faun? I can point out what his policies for coal have done to jobs in a State like West Virginia. Thanks to Barack Obama...they are dead last in jobs created.

YES, IT'S THE OVERALL FISCAL POLICY THAT BROUGHT STABILITY SO THE 'JOB CREATORS' WOULD CREATE JOBS, INCLUDING THE OIL INDUSTRY WHO NOW HAD DEMAND!!!!

The overall economy improved

1.7 MILLION? LOL

Since 2008, the oil and gas sector has added 61,500 jobs, accounting for nearly 4.5 percent of new U.S. jobs,
The Oil Job Boom Is Over

OLDIE:

OLDIE:

OLDIE TO ZEKE:

LOL

How do any of those quotes have anything to do with a Business Week article?

OLDIE:

OLDIE:

OLDIE TO ZEKE:

LOL

How do any of those have anything to do with either Clinton budget cuts or a Business Week article?

lol, You are to funny Bubba, NOT honest, but funny

So you think that the millions of Americans who worked in the Private Sector and got laid off...forcing them to burn up their life's savings...while public sector employees and companies like Solyndra got billions is "funny"? Interesting concept you have about humor.

Still not honest. Got it

The agenda should be to repeal obungocare and regulations on business. Jobs will magically appear.

Jobs are appearing now, Neil...simply because business people trying to predict what might happen in the future no longer have to worry about the progressive wing of the Democratic Party passing Cap & Trade legislation that will increase their energy costs to an unsustainable level. It's one more concern taken out of the equation when job creators sit down to decide whether or not to go ahead with expansion.
Actually, jobs have been appearing for 5 years now. Especially in the private sector which is currently up to it's 58th consecutive month of job growth. That makes it the longest stretch of job growth recorded in U.S. history.

And where are those jobs appearing, Faun? What's driving this new economic surge?
Mining and logging

Construction

Manufacturing

Financial activities

Leisure and hospitality

Other services

Did you want to take a crack at explaining which Obama initiative brought about those 1.7 million jobs in the natural gas and oil production industries, Faun? I can point out what his policies for coal have done to jobs in a State like West Virginia. Thanks to Barack Obama...they are dead last in jobs created.

President Obama Announces Funding for Breakthroughs in Natural Gas and Biofuels as Alternative Fuels for Vehicles

Net gain, Faun? Really?
Yes, really.

Unlike how conservatives 'think' the economy turns on a dime, it took awhile to stop Dubya/GOP's policy from damaging US? I mean the economy dumped 9%+ the last quarter of Dubya remember? AND was losing 700,000+ jobs a month when Obama came in???

W's policies...specifically TARP are what turned the economy back around! The recession officially ended back in 2009 because of the very unpopular steps that Bush took to stabilize the economy. What we've seen SINCE then has been six years of a total lack of an economic plan to create jobs and stimulate the economy.
Ummm, TARP was not a stimulus package. Care to explain how a non-stimulus package stimulated the economy? Or are you just desperately seeking for a solution to credit Bush with?

TARP kept a large number of our biggest financial institutions afloat at the worst of the economic downturn. It's probably the one thing most responsible for keeping us out of a full fledged economic meltdown! But you don't think that "stimulated" the economy? God, but I love discussing economics with you Progressives! It's like trying to talk Quantum Physics with a two year old.

LOL...your spam attacks aren't based on "facts", Dad...they are based on drivel that you copy from sites that are so biased as to be useless. Then you simply repeat the same nonsense over and over again as if it somehow became more real because you said it more often!

oldstyle, your rebuttals of supposed spam attacks consists of nothing but your opinions.

One poster has numerous sources of information he presents. It's real, it's sourced and the things written are verifiable. Like what it says or not, it's real information.

Another poster has an opinion that these sources of information is not credible. But you have no counter posts to show the supposed real information.

And you oldstyle, think that your opinion is based in facts that you don't share and yet your opinion is correct. And can't be argued because no one knows what information you are basing your opinion on. Weird.

I wonder why you think like that?

Net gain, Faun? Really?
Yes, really.

So Barack Obama has only been President for 58 months? Gosh, who was running the country when W. went back to Crawford, Texas?
C'mon, are you really this stupid?

I pointed out how we are currently into our 58th consecutive month of job growth in the private sector -- which is why I showed growth starting in March, 2010 (58 months ago). Unprecedented.

You've since tried to derail that with nonsense about it not being "net" gains (even though it was); and now you're trying to derail that by including jobs lost due to the Great Recession Bush handed Obama (which I wasn't talking about).

What's next?

Mining and logging

Construction

Manufacturing

Financial activities

Leisure and hospitality

Other services

President Obama Announces Funding for Breakthroughs in Natural Gas and Biofuels as Alternative Fuels for Vehicles

So THAT is your example of how a Barack Obama initiative brought about the 1.7 million jobs in natural gas and oil production? Really, Faun?

Net gain, Faun? Really?
Yes, really.

You mean when Dubya's economy was crashing? Or like ALL conservatives you think policy starts and ends the day a Prez comes into office, EXCEPT of course Reagan's 17 year miracle??? lol

LOL...your spam attacks aren't based on "facts", Dad...they are based on drivel that you copy from sites that are so biased as to be useless. Then you simply repeat the same nonsense over and over again as if it somehow became more real because you said it more often!

oldstyle, your rebuttals of supposed spam attacks consists of nothing but your opinions.

One poster has numerous sources of information he presents. It's real, it's sourced and the things written are verifiable. Like what it says or not, it's real information.

Another poster has an opinion that these sources of information is not credible. But you have no counter posts to show the supposed real information.

And you oldstyle, think that your opinion is based in facts that you don't share and yet your opinion is correct. And can't be argued because no one knows what information you are basing your opinion on. Weird.

And yet when I DID spam numerous sources to back up my points...you ignored it and came right back with the same complaint?

The reason you have such a hard time arguing against my points aren't that they aren't backed up by countless cites...it's because they are backed up by common sense.

Yes, really.

TARP kept a large number of our biggest financial institutions afloat at the worst of the economic downturn. It's probably the one thing most responsible for keeping us out of a full fledged economic meltdown! But you don't think that "stimulated" the economy? God, but I love discussing economics with you Progressives! It's like trying to talk Quantum Physics with a two year old.
Maybe you should learn what a "stimulus" package is? A plan to prevent a catastrophe is not a "stimulus" package just like evacuating people from a hurricane's path does not grow the city they're fleeing from. Whereas a stimulus package is designed to spur growth, just like sending building supplies to the said city wrecked by a hurricane.

Savvy?

Net gain, Faun? Really?
Yes, really.

I pointed out how we are currently into our 58th consecutive month of job growth in the private sector -- which is why I showed growth starting in March, 2010 (58 months ago). Unprecedented.

You've since tried to derail that with nonsense about it not being "net" gains (even though it was); and now you're trying to derail that by including jobs lost due to the Great Recession Bush handed Obama (which I wasn't talking about).

What's next?

I'm simply pointing out that when you leave out the jobs lost in the Public Sector in order to cherry pick a number that looks more impressive...that you've been deceptive.

And yet when I DID spam numerous sources to back up my points...you ignored it and came right back with the same complaint?

The reason you have such a hard time arguing against my points aren't that they aren't backed up by countless cites...it's because they are backed up by common sense.

You did no such thing Bubba, what you did was SPAM unrelated bullshit without making a cognitive posit!

It's like trying to talk Quantum Physics with a two year old.

Actually, I think that this message board is well on its way to PROVING a hereto unproven but theorized aspect of Quantum Physics.

And that theory is that there exists other, alternate universes.

Because you oldstyle and some of your posting buddies definitely live in another universe.

Proving that I should be given the NOble Prize for recognizing this phenomena right under our very noses.
Republicans live in an alternate, evil universe.

I will start writing my acceptance speech today. And plan how to spend my million dollars. LMAO.

Maybe you should learn what a "stimulus" package is? A plan to prevent a catastrophe is not a "stimulus" package just like evacuating people from a hurricane's path does not grow the city they're fleeing from. Whereas a stimulus package is designed to spur growth, just like sending building supplies to the said city wrecked by a hurricane.

Savvy?

Perhaps you'd like to explain how the Obama "Stimulus" fits your description then, Faun...since it did very little to spur growth. It did so little in fact that they had to invent a new economic statistic to hide how little it DID do for the nearly two trillion that they spent on it!

Yes, really.

What's next?

I'm simply pointing out that when you leave out the jobs lost in the Public Sector in order to cherry pick a number that looks more impressive...that you've been deceptive.

Yes thanks to GOP policies and the GOP austerity they pushed, the US lost 500,000+ jobs in the public sector AFTER Dubya grew it by nearly 2 million in his 8 years!

Forum List

Back