GOP legislation would cut off Holder's salary

Riiight....next we have a rule that anyone the majority in Congress dosn't like...can be fired and deported .
Fascism anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You do understand that, under the Constitution, Congress can withhold any money it wants, don't you? And that the President is powerless to do a thing other than complain about how Congress is a bunch of whiny pussies?

Contemp of court is a crime. Contempt of congress is a perception based on your political affiliation more often than not.
Congress already has too much power imo. Giving them the power to play with peoples income beyond what they already have is asking for trouble.

Are we so short sighted that we can't see the turnabout?

All very good points, except you have to consider that Contempt of Court usually involves releasing documents that are necessary for an ongoing investigation to continue. Those are facts and not open to party interpretation.

Congress has power that it usually does not employ. Congress could have exercised much harsher penalties for Holders resistance thus far, but has not. Stopping his salary would be an easier road than putting him in jail or impeaching him. Which you would agree would be more politically punishing and difficult.

Turnabout? Cooperate with investigations and no Contempt of Court sanctions will come your way...

This proposed law is politically motivated. Holder, the douchebag, thumbed his nose and this is the result. The WRONG result. Congress has tools at its disposal for such situations. They should exercise them and stop wasting my tax dollars trying to get even.

What tools do they have? They can refer the criminal complaint to the Attorney General for prosecution, but I doubt a hack like Holder would actually bring charges against himself. They could excercise the inherent power of they have to hold him in contempt and try him in the House. The biggest problem with that is that he would go free in December, and would still get paid. Ultimately, they could try to impeach him, but that wouldn't go anywhere. This, on the other hand, seems like a reasonable approach because it would be an actual law, and it would give Congress a real threat to use against federal employees. It would also be available for Democrats to use against Republicans in the future.

I would think very carefully about the standards some of you rubes are going along with. There is supposed to be a separation of powers, and you are supporting an invasion into Executive power by Congress.

As rubes, you will conveniently suffer amnesia with respect to that standard when the tables are reversed.

This sham has nothing to do with a seeking of truth. It is political power theater put on for you rubes.

I want you to go back and read what you just said. The power of Congress to investigate the Executive branch is firmly established in both law and legal precedent. Did you forget that, or did yo simply think that everyone else is an idiot?

All very good points, except you have to consider that Contempt of Court usually involves releasing documents that are necessary for an ongoing investigation to continue. Those are facts and not open to party interpretation.

Congress has power that it usually does not employ. Congress could have exercised much harsher penalties for Holders resistance thus far, but has not. Stopping his salary would be an easier road than putting him in jail or impeaching him. Which you would agree would be more politically punishing and difficult.

Turnabout? Cooperate with investigations and no Contempt of Court sanctions will come your way...

This proposed law is politically motivated. Holder, the douchebag, thumbed his nose and this is the result. The WRONG result. Congress has tools at its disposal for such situations. They should exercise them and stop wasting my tax dollars trying to get even.

What tools do they have? They can refer the criminal complaint to the Attorney General for prosecution, but I doubt a hack like Holder would actually bring charges against himself. They could excercise the inherent power of they have to hold him in contempt and try him in the House. The biggest problem with that is that he would go free in December, and would still get paid. Ultimately, they could try to impeach him, but that wouldn't go anywhere. This, on the other hand, seems like a reasonable approach because it would be an actual law, and it would give Congress a real threat to use against federal employees. It would also be available for Democrats to use against Republicans in the future.
One behavior that proves the stupidity of the republican party is that they believe they can craft weapons to use against the Democratic party and that they won't be used against them. They simply do not understand the phrase, DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU. They behave like assholes and craft stupid laws to use against Democrats and then when those same laws are used against them the are outraged! Is it possible to be any more stupid?

One behavior that proves the stupidity of the republican party is that they believe they can craft weapons to use against the Democratic party and that they won't be used against them. They simply do not understand the phrase, DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU. They behave like assholes and craft stupid laws to use against Democrats and then when those same laws are used against them the are outraged! Is it possible to be any more stupid?

Bring impeachment proceedings against this RACIST, FASCIST piece of shit, forget his pay I want to see this BLACK PANTHER sympathizer, behind....

Obama declared that his Administration would fundamentally change Washington...funny how what he's now becoming known for is scandals reminiscent of Watergate and Iran Contra. So much for the most transparent Administration in history...what we got instead was an Administration vying for the title of most things to hide of any Administration in history!
And if he was a Republican, you'd support every single thing that he's done.

I didn't support every single thing that W. did...why would I blindly support "stupidity" simply because there is an R in back of someone's name?

The truth is...if this were a Republican doing what Barack Obama has done with Fast & Furious, Benghazi, the IRS scandal, the investigating news media scandal, the spying on foreign leader's e-mail scandal, and the repeated lies told in order to get ObamaCare passed...you'd be foaming at the mouth as you got the tar and feathers ready.

One indication of the idiocy of hacks is that they think Republicans, and Democrats, don't know this.

Obama declared that his Administration would fundamentally change Washington...funny how what he's now becoming known for is scandals reminiscent of Watergate and Iran Contra. So much for the most transparent Administration in history...what we got instead was an Administration vying for the title of most things to hide of any Administration in history!
And if he was a Republican, you'd support every single thing that he's done.

Proof or are you just slinging prejudice against him?

Forum List

Back