GOP legislation would cut off Holder's salary

I would think very carefully about the standards some of you rubes are going along with. There is supposed to be a separation of powers, and you are supporting an invasion into Executive power by Congress.

As rubes, you will conveniently suffer amnesia with respect to that standard when the tables are reversed.

This sham has nothing to do with a seeking of truth. It is political power theater put on for you rubes.

Odd. I thought it was the role of Congress to decide how to spend the money of the United States.

Even Gallup, less than a year ago and before it got up to speed, found that a VAST majority of Americans want the lying cocksucker in chief investigated for benghazi and especially the IRS

humsz3wsfu65l8q4cdpndq.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s_8KR-n2fBQ]Hall and Oates - Out of Touch - YouTube[/ame]

Edgedull plops a Fox News poll to support his contention...

and lookie loo

30 - 31: For each of the following, please tell me whether you think Congress should continue to investigate the situation until lawmakers feel they know the truth, or not. Should Congress continue to investigate:
The IRS targeting of hundreds of conservative and Tea Party groups for special scrutiny?

:lol: Yeah, that's not a heavily loaded question at all. :lol:

I would think very carefully about the standards some of you rubes are going along with. There is supposed to be a separation of powers, and you are supporting an invasion into Executive power by Congress.

As rubes, you will conveniently suffer amnesia with respect to that standard when the tables are reversed.

This sham has nothing to do with a seeking of truth. It is political power theater put on for you rubes.

Odd. I thought it was the role of Congress to decide how to spend the money of the United States.

This has nothing to do with paychecks. You are being entertained by the shadows on the wall.

This is about whether or not Congress should have the power to eavesdrop on conversations the Executive has with itself.

Last edited:

and lookie loo

30 - 31: For each of the following, please tell me whether you think Congress should continue to investigate the situation until lawmakers feel they know the truth, or not. Should Congress continue to investigate:
The IRS targeting of hundreds of conservative and Tea Party groups for special scrutiny?

If you've got another poll to refute the FNC poll, please provide it.

Otherwise, get back in the kitchen and be quiet

And make me a sandwich while you're at it. Daddy's hungry

and lookie loo

After seeing your picture, I've no doubt are.

cw0fdude.jpg

The fact there hasn't been another poll on the matter this year should tell you something.

Last edited:
This is the identical theater for the rubes played out when the Bush Administration dimissed a bunch of US attorneys, except the players have switched which sides of the table they are sitting on.

Now it is the Republicans who are demanding the White House turn over internal discussions to them.

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals that they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

yep. Wonder how many of them are old enough to remember Monica Goodling? :eusa_whistle: Monica Goodling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and lookie loo

After seeing your picture, I've no doubt are.

cw0fdude.jpg

[MENTION=33658]Katzndogz[/MENTION] :tinfoil: is always talking about the soon to be civil war as well lol

This has nothing to do with paychecks. You are being entertained by the shadows on the wall.

This is about whether or not Congress should have the power to eavesdrop on conversations the Executive has with itself.

No, I'm pointing out that Congress does have the power of the purse and that it's not an overreach for Congress to exercise that right. After all, since Holder has been admonished for Contempt of Congress, there's nothing wrong with them looking at his salary.

No, I'm pointing out that Congress does have the power of the purse and that it's not an overreach for Congress to exercise that right. After all, since Holder has been admonished for Contempt of Congress, there's nothing wrong with them looking at his salary.

Again, you are being entertained by the shadows on the wall.

At the root of this pissing contest is an attempt by Republicans in Congress to eavesdrop on conversations the Executive had with itself. They want to stop paying Holder because he won't let them eavesdrop. It's extortion.

This is the same theatrics that occurred during the US attorney dismissals under Bush, only the players have changed sides of the table.

I'm dealing with a bunch of amnesiacs over here!

Last edited:
Holder is in a position appointed by the president and confirmed by the senate, only constitutional way to cut off his pay is impeach him, reid will never allow that. I don't think this law would be constitutional.

Political weapon. I do not agree with this.

Then, would you say "Contempt of Court" is a political weapon?

Contemp of court is a crime. Contempt of congress is a perception based on your political affiliation more often than not.
Congress already has too much power imo. Giving them the power to play with peoples income beyond what they already have is asking for trouble.

Are we so short sighted that we can't see the turnabout?
Whoaaa!!! Someone needs to pinch me!! I am in complete agreement with Grandpa Murked on this one. It's like I am in some alternate universe.......
I make fun but I am in complete agreement with you on this one Grandpa. Arming Congress with political weapons opens the door for people like Issa and others in BOTH parties to create havoc and that is the last thing we need more of in Congress..

Again, you are being entertained by the shadows on the wall.

At the root of this pissing contest is an attempt by Republicans in Congress to eavesdrop on conversations the Executive had with itself. They want to stop paying Holder because he won't let them eavesdrop. It's extortion.

This is the same theatrics that occurred during the US attorney dismissals under Bush, only the players have changed sides of the table.

I'm dealing with a bunch of amnesiacs over here!

You presume to tell me what I'm being "entertained" by, but the issue that you raised was the Congress was overreaching when it threatened to cut off Holder's salary. The fact is that it is well within their power to do that. Now, whine some more.

Holder is in a position appointed by the president and confirmed by the senate, only constitutional way to cut off his pay is impeach him, reid will never allow that. I don't think this law would be constitutional.

No, Congress has the duty to appropriate spending. If they choose to not fund Holder's position, that's Constitutional.

Political weapon. I do not agree with this.

Then, would you say "Contempt of Court" is a political weapon?

contempt of congress, not court. Contempt of court would probably be impeachable if the contempt went to official duties .... of course the gop will impeach over a hangnail, but that's another issue.

Still it puts congress in charge of whom the chief executive may appoint and retain in executive offices. So, it is a political weapon.

Regardless of what happened the this far left failed thread forgets that King Obama will just sign an EO and give Holder his salary back (if it were ever to make it that far).

It is a moot point unless the far left truly feels that they are going to loose the senate big in 2014.

Regardless of what happened the this far left failed thread forgets that King Obama will just sign an EO and give Holder his salary back (if it were ever to make it that far).

To be honest, I don't think he could. Only Congress can appropriate money and the President can't spend money unless it's appropriated.

Forum List

Back