GOP lies on Benghaz keep piling up

There's a sodomized and murdered ambassador and his attache, and two dead SEALs who were taught a distress call would be responded to. This story is not one of indifference...this story is one of incompetence and cowardice.

Right, the old "Tayvon Martin is dead and Zimmerman shot him = murder." defence.

No one responded? Really?

"Incompetence and cowardice"? Fine - show me where.

You were not a poster here during the Zimmerman trial. Just sayin'. :evil:

Yeah, given that it isn't Tayvon, bur Trayvon...

If he wants to see a defense, he needs to look for the Zimmerman trial thread in the Law and Justice Forum.

And [MENTION=20321]rightwinger[/MENTION], Obama had the mainstream media's heads so far up his backside that Michelle was starting to get jealous.

Get the picture?

(Forgive me for the vulgarity, but I see this as the only way RW will understand)

Last edited:
I would still like to know who pushed the video. I also would like to know why none of the murderers have been caught or killed yet. It's not like they are hiding. One of the leaders of the attack has been interviewed by multiple news sources. Stevens and others asked for additional security. Why didn't they get it? There are more questions than answers. I'm not supporting any conspiracy theories. I just wish the white house was more forthcoming.

That's your answer???? It's out there on the INTERNETS???? LMAO!

A Berry-bot? No, I'm a rational human being who only wants to hear the truth for a change.

The answer is you don't get an answer....go find your own answer...it's hiding up your ass....now take a deep breath, put your head between your knees and GET BUSY....best of luck, don't hurt the gerbil, happy hunting. :cool:

You just don't want to stand by your story at all, do you. Sheesh.

1. January 22, 2002. Calcutta, India. Gunmen associated with Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami attack the U.S. Consulate. Five people are killed.

No US fatalities.

No U.S. citizens were killed or injured in the attack outside the U.S. Information Service building, which is near the U.S. Consulate in the eastern city.

Deadly Shooting in Calcutta May Be Linked to Al Qaeda - Los Angeles Times

-----

2. June 14, 2002. Karachi, Pakistan. Suicide bomber connected with al-Qaida attacks the U.S. Consulate, killing 12 and injuring 51.

All of the injured and dead were Pakistani. No US fatalities.
On the morning of June 14, 2002, a truck with a fertilizer bomb driven by a suicide bomber was detonated outside the United States Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan. Twelve people were killed and 51 injured, all Pakistanis.

Karachi consulate attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-----

3. October 12, 2002. Denpasar, Indonesia. U.S. diplomatic offices bombed as part of a string of “Bali Bombings.” No fatalities.

Don't know why this one is on the list. But no US fatalities here either.

-----

4. February 28, 2003. Islamabad, Pakistan Several gunmen fire upon the U.S. Embassy. Two people are killed.

No US fatalities/injuries here.

KARACHI, Pakistan (CNN) -- Two police officers have been killed and six others, including one civilian, have been injured after gunmen opened fire outside the U.S. Consulate in the Pakistani city of Karachi.

None of the staff inside the compound at the time were injured in the attack, an interior ministry official told CNN.

CNN.com - Karachi consulate shooting kills 2 - Feb. 28, 2003

-----

5. May 12, 2003. Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Armed al-Qaida terrorists storm the diplomatic compound killing 36 people including nine Americans. The assailants committed suicide by detonating a truck bomb.

The U.S. Embassy in Riyadh asked the Saudi government for additional security to protect American residents in the days before the May 12 bombing but the request was denied, the U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia said Wednesday

U.S. Sought Security Improvements Prior to Attacks | PBS NewsHour | May 14, 2003 | PBS

So far, just one Benghazi style incident on Bush's watch. The kicker here was that the US tried to ramp up security at the compound prior to the bombing, but as with Benghazi, the request was denied. Can't really fault Bush for this one. Next.

-----

6. July 30, 2004. Tashkent, Uzbekistan. A suicide bomber from the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan attacks the U.S. Embassy, killing two people.

Nether of whom were American. They were Uzbek security guards.

The bombings killed at least two Uzbek security guards employed at the Israeli Embassy in the capital,

U.S., Israeli Embassies Hit In Uzbek Bomb Attacks (washingtonpost.com)

-----

7. December 6, 2004. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Al-Qaida terrorists storm the U.S. Consulate and occupy the perimeter wall. Nine people are killed.

Once again, none of the fatalities were American. They consisted mainly of Arabs and Asians.

"We have five confirmed dead among our locally engaged staff and one of them is a contract [security] guard," the US embassy spokeswoman Carol Kalin said.

She said no Americans had been killed and a "handful of other employees" had been taken to hospital. Security sources told Reuters the dead were Arabs and Asians.

Nine killed as US consulate in Jeddah attacked | World news | theguardian.com

-----

8. March 2, 2006.Karachi, Pakistan again. Suicide bomber attacks the U.S. Consulate killing four people, including U.S. diplomat David Foy who was directly targeted by the attackers.

This was an attempt by terrorists to deter a Bush visit to Pakistan. While a Diplomat and his driver did die in the attack, the other two fatalities were not Americans. So, I fail to see how this one resembles Benghazi. Moving on.

-----

9. September 12, 2006. Damascus, Syria. Four armed gunmen shouting “Allahu akbar” storm the U.S. Embassy using grenades, automatic weapons, a car bomb and a truck bomb. Four people are killed, 13 are wounded.

No Americans were killed in the incident.

Just after 10 a.m., gunmen yelling " Allahu akbar " -- "God is great" -- opened fire on the Syrian security officers who guard the outside of the embassy in Damascus's Rawda district, witnesses said. The attackers threw grenades at the compound, according to witnesses, and shot at the guards with assault rifles during the 15- to 20-minute clash, which left three of the gunmen dead and the fourth reportedly wounded.

In addition to the slain security officer, another guard was wounded, along with a Chinese diplomat and several civilians, including seven Syrian workers and two Iraqis. No Americans were wounded, the embassy said in a statement.

Four Armed Men Attack U.S. Embassy in Damascus

-----

10. January 12, 2007. Athens, Greece. Members of a Greek terrorist group called the Revolutionary Struggle fire a rocket-propelled grenade at the U.S. Embassy. No fatalities.

See that? No fatalities. No Americans died. So how does this resemble Benghazi? On to the next.

-----

11. March 18, 2008. Sana’a, Yemen. Members of the al-Qaida-linked Islamic Jihad of Yemen fire a mortar at the U.S. Embassy. The shot misses the embassy, but hits nearby school killing two.

Neither of the dead were Americans. The mortar completely missed the embassy and landed in a schoolyard.

In March 2008, al Qaeda operatives launched a mortar attack on the U.S. Embassy in Sana'a. The mortar shells missed the embassy and landed in the playground of a nearby girls' school.

Intel Wars: The Secret History of the Fight Against Terror - Matthew M. Aid

-----

12. July 9, 2008. Istanbul, Turkey. Four armed terrorists attack the U.S. Consulate. Six people are killed.

Three police officers were among the dead. The other three were the assailants themselves.

A group of unidentified gunmen opened fire Wednesday on Turkish security guards outside the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul, the Turkish authorities said, and at least three police officers and three assailants were killed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/09/world/europe/09iht-turkey.4.14369483.html?_r=0

-------

13.September 17, 2008. Sana'a, Yemen. Terrorists dressed as military officials attack the U.S. Embassy with an arsenal of weapons including RPGs and detonate two car bombs. Sixteen people are killed, including an American student and her husband (they had been married for three weeks when the attack occurred). This is the second attack on this embassy in seven months.

Yes, two people were killed here. But no US Embassy staff were killed in the attack. But this again in no way resembles Benghazi.

Those killed include six Yemeni policemen and four civilians, he said, noting that the number of wounded is unclear. No U.S. Embassy employees were killed, the official added.

However, CNN affilliate WGRZ reported that Ahmed Elbaneh of Lackawanna, New York, said his sister, Susan, 18, and her new husband died in the attack.

Elbaneh said his sister left Lackawanna about a month ago for an arranged marriage and that she had been married for only 30 days. Elbaneh said family members in Yemen told him she was at the embassy translating for her new sister-in-law when the blast occurred.

President Bush condemned the attack, and warned that it is "a reminder that we are at war with extremists who will murder innocent people to achieve their ideological objectives."

Al Qaeda blamed for U.S. Embassy attack - CNN.com

Seriously, who came up with this stuff? These "13 Benghazis that happened under Bush's watch" never happened. Perhaps people should do research. And as far as GOP lying goes, perhaps you should go after the liberal talking heads who polluted your minds with this nonsense.

Last edited:
The kicker here was that the US tried to ramp up security at the compound prior to the bombing, but as with Benghazi, the request was denied. Can't really fault Bush for this one. Next.

Really? Because Congress cut funding. And if you really can't fault Bush, then we really can't fault Obama.

Next.

Really? Is that what you're going with?

:(

And seriously TK? Seriously. We don't count attacks on American embassies unless Americans are killed?

What a load.

Well four Americans did die in Benghazi. And they are "American" embassies after all. Nobody was necessarily concerned with whoever else died in the attack. So, that is the methodology I used. Call it "a load" if you wish.

The kicker here was that the US tried to ramp up security at the compound prior to the bombing, but as with Benghazi, the request was denied. Can't really fault Bush for this one. Next.

Really? Because Congress cut funding. And if you really can't fault Bush, then we really can't fault Obama.

Next.

What with you being deaf, blind, and deep in denial? Yeah, it works.

After all, you're just a con just as I'm just a lib, and I know how you feel about libs.

:eusa_hand:

Next.

What with you being deaf, blind, and deep in denial? Yeah, it works.

After all, you're just a con just as I'm just a lib, and I know how you feel about libs.

:eusa_hand:

Insulting me won't help your premise, BD. And how exactly do I 'feel' about libs? You're a good buddy of mine, Pogo, Mertex, Wolfsister... just to name a few are as well.

I see where this is going, and I will not endanger our friendship with another response. Have a Happy Thanksgiving BD.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sorry. You edited out the lib slam.

Then I apologize.

Gah, it's late. These all nighters of mine need to stop. Especially given what day it is. Holy Smokes!

And FYI, BD, I spent the last hour and a half making editions and revisions and double checking the research linked to that post. I had no intention of insulting or slamming liberals, nor did I take any potshots at liberals. When I make posts such as those, I try to nix the name calling and stick to the 'facts' as far as I interpret them to be. Please correct me if I did indeed hurl a low blow in there somewhere, though, although I don't remember it.

I accept your apology. And please accept mine if I did indeed offend you or anyone else with my post. Please, from the bottom of my heart, have a Happy Thanksgiving! :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back