GOP Mike Lee to Trump: Your secret tapes are gonna get subpoenaed

Does Trump really have recorded tapes of his conversations with others?

• Yes

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
Republican Utah Senator Mike Lee has some bad news for Donald Trump.
Washington Post (5/14/2017): Republican Lindsey Graham and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer were among leaders in both parties requesting that any recordings of White House conversations be turned over for review immediately. Sen. Mike Lee, a former federal prosecutor, said “it’s probably inevitable” that such tapes would be subpoenaed.

Republicans and Democrats agree: If Trump has tapes, he’ll need to turn them over to Congress

This means that Trump will be either exposed as a liar (if he had no tape recordings) or will have to hand over any conversations he recorded with anyone (if he told the truth).

A lose-lose situation indeed.

I would like to politely ask Trump supporters in this forum (Republicans, Russians, etc.) whether you believe Trump told the truth about having secretly recorded tapes. Please vote in my poll
Tell Mike Lee to go fuck himself,he has been a Anti Trumper since the beginning....just another whining snowflake.

What if that conversation was recorded as part of "incidental" surveillance? It doesn't mean Trump has the tapes. Maybe just an insurance policy, now that loyalists are starting to fill the ranks... Y'all haters got nuthin'. Never did. Never will...

Congressional Republicans may wNt to remembdr thzt they will have to fsce reelection at some point as well. Attacking a POTUS who is still very popular with populists and Consrrvatives may not be a great career move.

Washington Post (5/14/2017): Republican Lindsey Graham and Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer were among leaders in both parties requesting that any recordings of White House conversations be turned over for review immediately. Sen. Mike Lee, a former federal prosecutor, said “it’s probably inevitable” that such tapes would be subpoenaed.

Republicans and Democrats agree: If Trump has tapes, he’ll need to turn them over to Congress

This means that Trump will be either exposed as a liar (if he had no tape recordings) or will have to hand over any conversations he recorded with anyone (if he told the truth).

I would like to politely ask Trump supporters in this forum (Republicans, Russians, etc.) whether you believe Trump told the truth about having secretly recorded tapes. Please vote in my poll
it took Nixon to 4 years to destroy himself, trump only a few months
Looks to me like he's still going strong.

Nixon's downfall was precipitated by his own party turning against him.

btw, Trump is already, now, emasculated as President. Whether or not he sits in the Oval Office being irrelevant for the rest of his term is a minor detail.

btw, Trump is already, now, emasculated as President. Whether or not he sits in the Oval Office being irrelevant for the rest of his term is a minor detail.
Another lie. Trump is doing as well as can be expected dealing with incompetent libs.

I guess you don't listen very close. Trump never said there were tapes, he asked Comey not to lie otherwise "tapes" might show up to rebuff them. It's a bluff.

Shrug. Even if.

I'm curious under what statute he need turn over recordings to Congress.

DC and Virginia require only one party's permission to record conversations, and no warning need be given.

:lmao:

I'm not surprised democrats insist on following a dead end trail. :)

Democrats are proving they haven't learned from their mistakes. These idiots insist on continuing down the same path that put them in the position they're in. lol

Last edited:
Trump's warning was in telling Comey he better hope there are no tapes if he decides to lie. The idea of keeping Comey from pulling a Democrat and making up entire fabricated conversations would be even more delicious if the threat itself was a bluff. That is masterful enough to be right out of the Trump book.

I'm not surprised democrats insist on following a dead end trail. :)

Democrats are proving they haven't learned from their mistakes. These idiots insist on continuing down the same path that put them in the position they're in. lol
Hey idiot. Is Mike Lee a Democrat?

Just exactly how does one lie by making the statement he made? He never claimed to have any tapes, did he?

You want to try to explain that, Buckwheat?

Just exactly how does one lie by making the statement he made? He never claimed to have any tapes, did he?

Does Trump secretly record conversations?

Trump's comments can only be interpreted as a joke by a Trump supporter playing dumb (like you, for example). Now admit that you're a Trump supporter playing dumb. Now.

No. It speaks volumes about your inability to read for comprehension (like most liberals) and a basic understanding of logic.

He never claimed to have tapes, did he? Answer that question first. If he did not say that he does, the rest of your post is ridiculously moot!

Apparently, a five-year old has a better understanding of the English language than you.
You just played dumb again. Trump was either joking or warning Comey that there are tapes. That's why you have avoided even attempting to explain what you think Trump meant. You need to be little less stupid.

Mike Lee is another plant. He wants Obama's nominee for SCOTUS to be the new FBI Director.

He's on the payroll now.

Anything he says is bogus.

Well, they need to subpeona them....and if they don't exist, it's on the so-called adminstration to show they don't exist....especially after the orange cheeto's tweet.

Man, the legal knowledge of the left is hitting an all-time low!

How do you subpoena something if you do not know that it exists? Exactly what crime is alleged to have occurred? You know, those are two basic ingredients for a subpoena, and your side is 0 for 2 already and the third strike is headed right over the plate and your bat is between your knees.
Is Mike Lee the "left", you fucking moron?

Forum List

Back