GOP Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts: ‘If you legalize marijuana, you’re gonna kill your kids’

Getting killed over a dangerous Hight THC drug because they want to get "high" is stupid.
Strong weed has been around for 40 years. Maybe you could link us to some pot OD deaths as I don't recall reading about any.

Not one.
I think they found traces of weed in Floyd’s system so I think some of the RWers are counting that as a weed death

Really you are going to allow your partisan bullshit to cause you to Lie?

Meanwhile the Federal government on down to the anti drug warriors for many decades LIED to us about Marihuana saying it is a killer, you want to to be part of that lie too?

Suggest that you park your partisan crap at the door.
I haven’t told one lie. How dare you

Who wrote this lie?

I think they
found traces of weed in Floyd’s system so I think some of the RWers are counting that as a weed death

:rolleyes:
That was a joke dude. It’s easy to see if you don’t have a stick in ur butt

Suuure you have a bad habit of pushing PARTISAN based "jokes"

:cuckoo:
I think humor is a good habit, you gotta have the witts to understand that it’s a joke of course.

Getting killed over a dangerous Hight THC drug because they want to get "high" is stupid.
Strong weed has been around for 40 years. Maybe you could link us to some pot OD deaths as I don't recall reading about any.

Not one.
I think they found traces of weed in Floyd’s system so I think some of the RWers are counting that as a weed death

Meanwhile the Federal government on down to the anti drug warriors for many decades LIED to us about Marihuana saying it is a killer, you want to to be part of that lie too?

Who wrote this lie?

I think they
found traces of weed in Floyd’s system so I think some of the RWers are counting that as a weed death

I think humor is a good habit, you gotta have the witts to understand that it’s a joke of course.
Wits.

Not one.

Who wrote this lie?

I think they

Wits.
Yes wits

Legalized pot would still be illegal for kids. Same as booze and cigarettes, you understand that don’t you?
Illegal but much more readily available

and more socially acceptable for impressionable children

Legalized pot would still be illegal for kids. Same as booze and cigarettes, you understand that don’t you?

Pot is a plant it’s always been available and easy for kids to get. This is such a lame argument. There is no reason for booze to be legal and pot not legal. Do you want to outlaw booze too? Do you care about liberty?

He’s right. You’re certainly putting them at great risk. And big pot is circumventing regulation putting everyone at risk.
Pot causes serious issues and especially vulnerable are young people because the brain chemistry does not fully develop until the ages of 25-28. Young people are at greatest risk.
You won’t know that because big pot and their bought politicians keep this suppressed.
Good for that Nebraska governor.

Gee, whiz, just like alcohol. If Big Pot is "suppressing this information", how come everyone in the world knows it to be true, and makes it illegal for underage people to both drink and use pot?

Just because you just learned this was true, doesn't mean that the rest of us haven't known about it since we had first started having children of our own.

they're all gonna die!

The governor has a point.

Hopefully, most Americans would allow marijuana for medical reasons.

And if some Americans insist on recreational marijuana, it should NOT lead to arrest & jail. Maybe something like a parking ticket?

Above all, children should not be encouraged to add another "drug" to the current menu: alcohol, sugar, tobacco, etc.

Pot is a plant it’s always been available and easy for kids to get. This is such a lame argument. There is no reason for booze to be legal and pot not legal. Do you want to outlaw booze too? Do you care about liberty?

Conservatives are all about "personal liberty", unless it involves something they personally think is wrong - like abortion, pot, or sex outside of marriage.

He’s right. You’re certainly putting them at great risk. And big pot is circumventing regulation putting everyone at risk.
Pot causes serious issues and especially vulnerable are young people because the brain chemistry does not fully develop until the ages of 25-28. Young people are at greatest risk.
You won’t know that because big pot and their bought politicians keep this suppressed.
Is that why people that are 18 can kill people when they join the military and at 21 they can drink a toxin to numb themselves?
One contradiction does not justify another.
No it doesn't yet, we allow kids to ruin their lives by getting married at eighteen...
Again, bad decisions do not justify other bad decisions.
Actually, it’s called freedom.

Not one.

In the old days there were no deaths attributed to smoking pot because it wasn't very potent, but now there have been a few deaths after smoking high THC grade pot.

Cannabis as a cause of death: A review

There is a reason why they are requiring by LAW that THC levels stay low in pot grown plants in America.
You were probably in a hurry, so I'll cut you some slack when I point out that the study you linked to is for studying synthetic cannabinoids, such as Spice,”“K2,” Blaze, RedX Dawn, Paradise, Demon, Black Magic, Spike, Mr. Nice Guy, Ninja, Zohai, Dream, Genie, Sence, Smoke, Skunk, Serenity, Yu- catan, Fire, and Crazy Clown.

Those do not have anything at all to do with buds from pot plants.

They finished with: "...this drug should be considered, at least, a contributory cause of death in cases of sudden or unexpected death."

I agree those are highly dangerous, as they keep changing the recipe to get around the laws.

Gee, whiz, just like alcohol. If Big Pot is "suppressing this information", how come everyone in the world knows it to be true, and makes it illegal for underage people to both drink and use pot?

Just because you just learned this was true, doesn't mean that the rest of us haven't known about it since we had first started having children of our own.
You have no idea what you’re talking about. How much do you know about pot and depersonalization disorder? Or anxiety and psychotic episodes? You don’t see those warnings on the packaging and no one in their right mind would be OK with kids being subject to this drug if they knew how bad it can be. I’ve known the hard way for 46 years. I was one of the unwitting beta testers.

Is that why people that are 18 can kill people when they join the military and at 21 they can drink a toxin to numb themselves?
One contradiction does not justify another.
No it doesn't yet, we allow kids to ruin their lives by getting married at eighteen...
Again, bad decisions do not justify other bad decisions.
Actually, it’s called freedom.
Bad decisions that confront others is not freedom. It’s fascism.

Forum List

Back