GOP Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts: ‘If you legalize marijuana, you’re gonna kill your kids’

He’s right. You’re certainly putting them at great risk. And big pot is circumventing regulation putting everyone at risk.
Pot causes serious issues and especially vulnerable are young people because the brain chemistry does not fully develop until the ages of 25-28. Young people are at greatest risk.
You won’t know that because big pot and their bought politicians keep this suppressed.
Good for that Nebraska governor.
There is no state where pot is legal where it can legally be sold to people under 21 for recreational use.

If you want to keep pot out of the hands of your people you legalize it. Yeah, someone can legally buy and resell to a kid but that is a crime and providing intoxicants to a minor is, in most jurisdictions, a more serious offense than simple possession or even possession for sale.

You are right about the medical impact on your users but keeping it illegal only makes that problem worse because drug dealers are young and sell to other young people. The businesses that hold these licenses are not going to risk the loss of the license and jail time that comes with selling to minors.

And your fist sentence is just ridiculous. "Big Pot" whatever that is is so heavily regulated that when someone sneezes they count the boogers.

Trump's big lie has removed any limits to what crazy right wingers can claim. They were expected to stay within sight of sanity before, but now they feel free to crank up the crazy to 11 and rip off the knob.

He’s right. You’re certainly putting them at great risk. And big pot is circumventing regulation putting everyone at risk.
Pot causes serious issues and especially vulnerable are young people because the brain chemistry does not fully develop until the ages of 25-28. Young people are at greatest risk.
You won’t know that because big pot and their bought politicians keep this suppressed.
Legalized pot would still be illegal for kids. Same as booze and cigarettes, you understand that don’t you?
So that makes it good for one?
It shows that the context of the argument is off. Those who want to legalize aren’t talking about for kids so coming back by implying you are endangering kids is rather stupid.
Hmmmmm... Cigarettes are legal. Ever seen teenagers smoke?
Yes I have. I’ve also seen them smoke pot. What’s your point?

The point is that if its legal for adults, the kids will get it too. How hard is it for a mischievious teen to take a fifth of the liquor cabinet or a pack out of their dad's carton of pell mells? Will it be any harder for them to take a joint from their older brother at home, or forge a note from their mum to take down to the local grass emporium?
Haha, the kids already get it... it’s a freakin plant that anybody can grow in their closet. Sorry but access is a BS excuse

I've never been a pot smoker, but I've known many people who've benefited greatly from it.. Beats the crap out of dependence upon far more dangerous and expensive alternatives. My favorite mother-in-law needs a strong pain killer now just to get any sleep. She still smokes but refuses to take pot because she's been brainwashed for so long she feels it's too dangerous. So guess what her doctor has her on? Oxycontin.

It's Never been hard for kids to get pot legal or not. But as noted, this is not what this is about so it's totally irrelevant.

Legalized pot would still be illegal for kids. Same as booze and cigarettes, you understand that don’t you?
It shows that the context of the argument is off. Those who want to legalize aren’t talking about for kids so coming back by implying you are endangering kids is rather stupid.
There are law enforcement people who are adamant that pot is a stepping stone to other drugs. Decriminalizing pot is not an issue for me. There are a lot of drug addicts and a lot of former drug addicts who struggle to stay clean and are partially broken if not more. We have had an endless national party since the 1960's.
Of course pot is a stepping stone. So are cigarettes and booze but we live in a free society and smoking pot does not harm others and actually has many medical benefits. It should be legal
We also live with cigarette smokers being admonished with high costs for the product Second hand smoke is a concern. There is second hand smoke with pot. The skunk variety is brutal to smell. And some people have Doctor's prescriptions. Again, I do not like to see a person have his/her life affected in a bad way by being caught by police with this product and even some others if it is very limited.

There are law enforcement people who are adamant that pot is a stepping stone to other drugs. Decriminalizing pot is not an issue for me. There are a lot of drug addicts and a lot of former drug addicts who struggle to stay clean and are partially broken if not more. We have had an endless national party since the 1960's.
Of course pot is a stepping stone. So are cigarettes and booze but we live in a free society and smoking pot does not harm others.
It's not the substance it's the desire of the user.
DuckSpeak.

Of course pot is a stepping stone. So are cigarettes and booze but we live in a free society and smoking pot does not harm others and actually has many medical benefits. It should be legal
We also live with cigarette smokers being admonished with high costs for the product Second hand smoke is a concern. There is second hand smoke with pot. The skunk variety is brutal to smell. And some people have Doctor's prescriptions. Again, I do not like to see a person have his/her life affected in a bad way by being caught by police with this product and even some others if it is very limited.
Agreed, as I said before education, regulation and warnings are totally appropriate. Tax the shit out of it. Don’t allow it to be smoked in doors, brand it as disgusting and unhealthy. Fine. But don’t make it illegal. That none sense needs to end

Of course pot is a stepping stone. So are cigarettes and booze but we live in a free society and smoking pot does not harm others.
DuckSpeak.
But they don't say much.

Agreed, as I said before education, regulation and warnings are totally appropriate. Tax the shit out of it. Don’t allow it to be smoked in doors, brand it as disgusting and unhealthy. Fine. But don’t make it illegal. That none sense needs to end
Why tax the shit out of it? Rich people are not effected, but poor people most definitely are. That's largely why many smoke in the first place. They know they're fucked already so might as well enjoy it. Try punching up instead.

Last edited:
Why tax the shit out of it? Rich people are not effected, but poor people most definitely are. That's largely why many smoke in the first place. They know they're fucked already so might as well enjoy it. Try punching up instead.
Tax it to fund medical, education, rehab, poverty and mental health programs

With a flat tax, right? Designed to hurt those most who you already know can least afford it. Then hand the proceeds to doctors and health facilities to help treat all those people undamaged by exposure to pot.. since it's about the least harmful thing you can be around.

When you "Tax the shit out of it", you raise the price to where drug dealers can easily still sell black market pot, besides just encouraging more people to grow their own, and you've soon effectively accomplished nothing to fix anything or worse.

Last edited:

Why not tax it to crack down on smugglers and counterfeiters of tax stamps?

DuckSpeak.
But they don't say much.
They Quack. Must be callin' Fauchi.

TAX it? That will encourage smuggling.

Why not tax it to crack down on smugglers and counterfeiters of tax stamps?
Whatever floats your boat

No it won’t. Do you realize how much money can be made legally through pot sales?! What do you think is going to be smuggled and why?

If the taxes are moderate, not necessarily. What I would like to see is a "clean" legalization where any store that wants to carry it- from Walmart to Costco, Family Dollar and Sheetz, all the way done to Mom and Pop-- can put a display up or sell it in vending machines.

People just pick it up on their Target runs.

No it won’t. Do you realize how much money can be made legally through pot sales?! What do you think is going to be smuggled and why?
DUH! Cigarettes are smuggled by the Russian Mob and LCN. Why? TAX. BTW--Pot ain't good for the brain. Of course ,it would be safe for Libs. No brains to speak of.

Forum List

Back