🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gop Offers These 11 Principles

Voting "for" implies that the recipient of my vote was proposing ideas I agreed with.
However, sometimes the choice presented is to vote for who you think will do the least amount of damage to yourself and others in your life.

In either case, whoever we vote "for" is a plutocrat and just like the house always wins when you bet, so it is for plutocrats. Somehow they will ALL win in the end. Win or lose an election doesn't matter. Plutocrats will be just fine.

Ourselves? (cause I know you ain't no plutocrat) I guess it just depends on who you wanna bet on. Really that's all we are doing. We know the campaign rhetoric is just that. We just want to believe that for once the politicians will do what they offered to do during the campaign. But usually they don't.

I voted for Obama, twice. Cause the alternative seemed like a much worse bet to me.
I really hated how the Iraqi invasion was sold to the American people, so the likelihood of me listening to a Republican candidate after the primaries were overwas none. Outcome forgone after than. Cause I always place my bet on somebody.

But I sure hope Hillary don't run.

"I voted for Obama, twice. Cause the alternative seemed like a much worse bet to me."

How about now?
still true.

Looking at the compendium of his failures in both domestic and foreign policy....

....only a moron would respond as you have.
meh. the alternative would have the entire united states as broke as kansas, we'd probably be involved in a half dozen or so ground wars, and most of those "failures" would still have happened.

Let's analyze that jejune response.

In order to defend the failure both of your judgement and the one in the White House, you, like Maria Ospenskya, rely on a crystal ball....or, perhaps the Magic 8 Ball.

I, on the other hand, have the facts....the reality.

Seems to be the same pattern every time our paths cross.
you're right, there is a pattern.

the pattern is you mistake opinion for fact, and somehow believe that you know exactly what would have happened if romney or mccain had been elected.

this is unknowable by its nature. we can speculate, guess, use facts to inform our opinion, but at the end of the day it's still just an opinion, not a fact.

now go find an opinion piece to copy and paste as if it were fact and supported your position and reveal to us further that you don't have any original thoughts, but instead are a sheep in people's clothing.

• Budget/Debt: We need to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution, make government more efficient, and leave the next generation with opportunity, not debt.
lol, good one. The GOP is promising to balance the budget and pay off the national debt in one generation.

Where do you see a Promise in that statement ? It was simply a statement of what Needs to be done , and if achievable, perhaps the next generation of Americans will be wise enough to preserve it and bitch smack you liberal progressive morons when you pop your heads outta your holes.

About time the GOP told America what it was offering.

"Pushing back against criticism that the GOP had become defined entirely by opposition to President Obama, Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus released a list of 11 “Principles for American Renewal” that he said would guide the GOP agenda should it gain control of government."
GOP debuts new principles to demonstrate positive agenda MSNBC

Any disagreement on these ideas for governing?

Here are the Republican Party's Principles for American Renewal

• Constitution: Our Constitution should be preserved, valued and honored.

• Economy: We need to start growing America’s economy instead of Washington’s economy so that working Americans see better wages and more opportunity.

• Budget/Debt: We need to pass a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution, make government more efficient, and leave the next generation with opportunity, not debt.

• Healthcare: We need to start over with real healthcare reform that puts patients and their doctors in charge, not unelected bureaucrats in Washington.

• Veterans: Our veterans have earned our respect and gratitude, and no veteran should have to wait in line for months or years just to see a doctor.

• Security: Keeping America safe and strong requires a strong military, growing the economy, energy independence, and secure borders.

• Education: Every child should have an equal opportunity to get a great education; no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing school.

• Poverty: The best anti-poverty program is a strong family and a good job, so our focus should be on getting people out of poverty by lifting up all people and helping them find work.

• Values: Our country should value the traditions of family, life, religious liberty, and hard work.

• Energy: We should make America energy independent by encouraging investment in domestic energy, lowering prices, and creating jobs at home.
  • Immigration: We need an immigration system that secures our borders, upholds the law, and boosts our economy.
  • GOP s Principles for American Renewal GOP

What's not to like?

What's not to like is that fact that I don't believe them or trust them to live up to any of those principles.

Republicans promise to secure the border? And i'm supposed to believe that? :eek:

"I voted for Obama, twice. Cause the alternative seemed like a much worse bet to me."

How about now?
still true.

Looking at the compendium of his failures in both domestic and foreign policy....

meh. the alternative would have the entire united states as broke as kansas, we'd probably be involved in a half dozen or so ground wars, and most of those "failures" would still have happened.

In order to defend the failure both of your judgement and the one in the White House, you, like Maria Ospenskya, rely on a crystal ball....or, perhaps the Magic 8 Ball.

the pattern is you mistake opinion for fact, and somehow believe that you know exactly what would have happened if romney or mccain had been elected.

this is unknowable by its nature. we can speculate, guess, use facts to inform our opinion, but at the end of the day it's still just an opinion, not a fact.

now go find an opinion piece to copy and paste as if it were fact and supported your position and reveal to us further that you don't have any original thoughts, but instead are a sheep in people's clothing.

As the saying goes....
A conservative never stands so tall when she stoops to help a liberal.

Now, don't be shy.....just ask and I'd be happy to provide....oh, 15-20 failures of the other windbag....not you...the one in the White House.

What happened to guns and gay bashing?

still true.

As the saying goes....

Now, don't be shy.....just ask and I'd be happy to provide....oh, 15-20 failures of the other windbag....not you...the one in the White House.
okay, i'll ask. but the stipulation is if you cite a source it can't be an opinion piece.

and... go.

As the saying goes....

okay, i'll ask. but the stipulation is if you cite a source it can't be an opinion piece.

and... go.

LOL...we are talking PC here

Good luck with that one. Expect alot of unrelated cut and paste

Didn't the GOP have at least 6 years to do all this under Bush, with a GOP Congress?

I'm nominally a Republican (only because third parties are a joke in this nation and this gives me a vote in the primaries to help decide the R candidates) and even I think the Republicans dropped the ball during the Bush years. They had the chance to put their money where their mouths are and just kept doing the same things as ever. Spending, pork, more needless laws, more rhetoric.

It's not like the Dems are any better. Obama could have used his political capital to get the Dem led congress to fix the banking system, but instead opted to go with Obamacare.

A pox on both their parties.

As the saying goes....

and... go.

Obama and Domestic Failures.
1.More than 6.7 million more Americans have been plunged into poverty since Obama became President.

2.Real household income is down 5%

3. Consumer prices are up 10.2%

4. Total federal debt is up 58%

5. Gasoline prices are up 82%

6. Food stamp recipients up 49%

7. Debt held by the public is up 89%

However, the Obama administrationrecently projected an annual deficit of $750 billion in the fiscal year that began Oct. 1, and $626 billion the year after. At that rate, the debt owed to the public will more than double during the Obama presidency.

As of 2012, according to the most recent figures reported by the Census Bureau, median (midpoint) income for all U.S. households was $51,017, which was 4.9 percent lower (in inflation-adjusted dollars) than it was in 2008, the year before Obama took office.

The same story applies to family income, which includes many families with two earners. (The “household” figure includes single persons living alone, as well as families.) Median family income in 2012 was $62,241, or 5.1 percent below the inflation-adjusted 2008 level.

The number of persons living in poverty also worsened again in 2012, according to the most recent Census figures.

8. As of last year, 46,496,000 persons lived in households with income below the official poverty line, an increase of nearly 6.7 million since 2008 and 249,000 since 2011. The total poverty rate remained unchanged in 2012 at 15 percent of the total U.S. population. So for the second straight year, the poverty rate was 1.8 points higher than it was in 2008.

Obama 8217 s Numbers October Update

9...in today’s recovery — the slowest in the modern era going back to 1947 — private capital investment has lagged badly. ... so has the jobs situation, with 92 million dropping out of the workforce altogether. A labor-participation rate of 62.8% and an employment-to-population rate of 58% are historic lows indicative of the anemic jobs recovery.Big Business Swings Behind a Mantra of Growth - The New York Sun

10. Tavis Smiley: 'Black People Will Have Lost Ground in Every Single Economic Indicator' Under Obama

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...st-ground-every-single-economic#ixzz2hihAOpVl

11. . ".... the... [dollar] has today a value of barely a 1,250th of an ounce of gold, a staggering plunge from an 853rd of an ounce on the day Mr. Obama took office...." Fiat Wages - The New York Sun

12. "CBO says deficits slated to shrink in coming years, but will soar again if spending or tax changes are not made

Federal deficits have soared between 2009 and 2012, bring the total long-term debt to a level equal to 73 percent of the nation’s GDP. “Between 2009 and 2012, the federal government recorded the largest budget deficits relative to the size of the economy since 1946, causing federal debt to soar.”

CBO says deficits slated to shrink in coming years but will soar again if spending or tax changes are not made Dallas Morning News

13. "Incomes Have Dropped Twice as Much During the 'Recovery' as During the Recession
. ...the Census Bureau's Current Population Survey ....indicate that the real (inflation-adjusted)median annual household income in America has fallen by 4.4 percent during the "recovery," after having fallen by 1.8 during the recession.

Incomes Have Dropped Twice as Much During the Recovery as During the Recession The Weekly Standard

14. "(CNSNews.com) - The real median income of American women dropped a little more than four percent in the first three full years after the end of the last recession,..... Census Bureau income data, the median income of American women was $21,520 in constant 2012 dollars. That was down $914 dollars—or about 4.1 percent—from 2009." Median Income of Women Dropped 4 --In First 3 Years of Recovery CNS News

15. "US economy slowed to 0.1 percent growth rate in Q1

WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. economy slowed drastically in the first three months of the year...to a barely discernible 0.1 percent annual rate in the January-March quarter, the Commerce Department said Wednesday. That was the weakest pace since the end of 2012 and was down from a 2.6 percent rate in the previous quarter.... the anemic growth last quarter is surely a topic for discussion at the Federal Reserve's latest policy meeting,..."

My Way News - US economy slowed to 0.1 percent growth rate in Q1

16. "More Than 92 Million Americans Remain Out Of Labor Force
The unemployment rate dropped to 6.3 percent in April from 6.7 percent in March, the lowest it has been since September 2008 when it was 6.1 percent. The sharp drop, though, occurred because the number of people working or seeking work fell. The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not count people not looking for a job as unemployed.

The bureau noted that the civilian labor force dropped by 806,000 last month, following an increase of 503,000 in March."

Report More Than 92 Million Americans Remain Out Of Labor Force CBS DC

The amount (not seasonally adjusted) of Americans not in thelabor force in April rose to 92,594,000, almost 1 million more than the previous month.

17. "The U.S. economy contractedat a much steeper pace than previously estimated in the firstquarter, but there are indications that growth has sincerebounded strongly.

The Commerce Department said on Wednesday gross domesticproduct fell at a 2.9 percent annual rate, the economy's worstperformance in five years, instead of the 1.0 percent pace ithad reported last month." Final US first quarter GDP contracts

18. (CNSNews.com) - The number of Americans 16 and older who did not participate in the labor force climbed to a record high of 92,120,000 in June, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)..... the labor force participation rate for Americans was 62.8 percent, matching a 36-year low. Record Number of Americans Not in Labor Force in June CNS News

19. (CNSNews.com)– The unemployment rate for black Americans is more than double that of white Americans, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).... In the numbers released today, covering the month of June, the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate for black Americans age 16 and over was 10.7%, reported the BLS. The unemployment rate for white Americans in the same age group and time-frame was 5.3%, said the BLS. Black Unemployment 10.7 More Than Double White Unemployment 5.3 CNS News

20. (CNSNews.com) - 11.4 million Americans age 16 and over have left the workforce since President Obama took office in January 2009, according to data released today from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
In July 2014, there were 92,001,000 Americans, 16 and over, who were classified as “not in the labor force,” meaning they not only did not have a job, but they didn’t actively seek one in the last four weeks

11 472 000 Americans Have Left Workforce Since Obama Took Office CNS News

21. "The 35.4 Percent: 109,631,000 on Welfare
109,631,000 Americans lived in households that received benefits from one or more federally funded "means-tested programs" — also known as welfare — as of the fourth quarter of 2012,according to data released Tuesdayby the Census Bureau. When those receiving benefits from non-means-tested federal programs — such as Social Security, Medicare, unemployment and veterans benefits — were added to those taking welfare benefits, it turned out that 153,323,000 people were getting federal benefits of some type at the end of 2012.

Subtract the 3,297,000 who were receiving veterans' benefits from the total, and that leaves 150,026,000 people receiving non-veterans' benefits."

The 35.4 Percent 109 631 000 on Welfare CNS News

22. "(CNSNews.com)-- In June 2014, there were 46,496,145 recipients of the food stamp program, which is enough to fill the Yankee Stadium 925 times, according todata fromthe Department of Agriculture " 46 496 145 Food Stamp Recipients Can Fill Yankee Stadium 925 Times CNS News

Excellent link showing the economy US Household Income Department of Numbers

Obama and Foreign Policy Failure:

1. "(CNSNews.com) – White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Monday the Obama administration’s foreign policies in a number of areas have enhanced the world’s “tranquility” – a word that raised eyebrows as reporters pointed to situations in Gaza, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Ukraine and the South China Sea." WH We ve Substantially Improved the Tranquility of the Global Community CNS News

2. "Leaders of the five BRICS nations plan to create a development bank in a direct challenge to theWorld Bankthat they accuse of Western bias. The bank would use $50 billion of seed capital shared equally between Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa but would undoubtedly be dominated by China. It would be the first institution of the informal forum started in 2009 amid the economic meltdown to chart a new and more equitable world economic order." Watch Out World Bank Here Comes the BRICS Bank

a. "WhenBarack Obamatook office, he pledged a new overture to the world’s emerging powers. Today each of the Brics – Brazil, Russia, India,Chinaand South Africa – is at loggerheads with America, or worse." http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6077675c-c4c4-11e3-8dd4-00144feabdc0.html#axzz37ecJQGho

3. [August 18, 2011].... called Thursday for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to resign, after months of his violent crackdown on protesters. The rhetorical escalation was backed by new U.S. sanctions designed to undermine Assad’s ability to finance his military operation..... culminatedmonths of calibrated diplomacythat has included three rounds of sanctions and a gradual policy shift toward regime change in a nation long at odds with U.S. policy in the Middle East." Assad must go Obama says - The Washington Post

4. "Russia 'to reopen Cold War Cuban listening post used to spy on America' Moscow-based daily Kommersant claimed Russia and Cuba have struck a deal 'in principle' after President Vladimir Putin visited the island last week.

Citing several sources within Russian authorities, the respected daily wrote: 'The agreements were finalised while President Vladimir Putin visited Havana last Friday."

Russia to reopen Cold War Cuban listening post used to spy on America Daily Mail Online
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter|DailyMail on Facebook

5. When the Egyptian people declined to be governed by the 7th century savages, the Muslim Brotherhood, Obama had a fit:
"The U.S. government has decided privately to act as if the military takeover of Egypt was a coup, temporarily suspending most forms of military aid, despite deciding not to announce publicly a coup determination one way or the other, according to a leading U.S. senator.
In the latest example of its poorly understood Egypt policy, the Obama administration has decided to temporarily suspend the disbursement of most direct military aid, the delivery of weapons to the Egyptian military, and some forms of economic aid to the Egyptiangovernment while it conducts a broad review of the relationship."Senator: Obama Administration Secretly Suspended Military Aid to Egypt - The Daily Beast

6. "Putin Poised to Retaliate Against Obama by Trashing Iran Deal
Now that the U.S.-Russia relationship has broken down, Moscow could throw a wrench into the teetering nuclear negotiations with Iran.

But if Putin decides that retaliating against the U.S. and ruining Obama’s foreign policy legacy is more important than sealing a pact with Iran, the whole thing could unravel.... Yet this time around, Obama is willing to accept an agreement from Iraq’s foreign ministry on U.S. forces in Iraq without a vote of Iraq’s parliament. .... We basically need a piece of paper from them,” another U.S. official involved in the negotiations told The Daily Beast. The official didn’t explain why the parliamentary vote, so crucial three years ago, was no longer needed.." Putin Poised to Retaliate Against Obama by Trashing Iran Deal - The Daily Beast

7. "ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said he no longer holds "direct" telephone conversations with U.S. President Barak Obama, suggesting a rift between the leaders who were once close." Turkish PM says he Obama no longer talk directly - Yahoo News

8. Underestimated the "Islamic State, IS" "The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is ifa jayvee teamputs on Lakers uniforms that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant,”Obama told the New Yorker, referring to ISIS.
“I think there is a distinction between the capacity and reach of a bin Laden and a network that is actively planning major terrorist plots against the homeland versus jihadists who are engaged in various local power struggles and disputes, often sectarian.”

9. Obama made another huge mistake in refusing to negotiate an agreement to leave US troops in Iraq.
This is the source of the problem with ISIS: they're there because we weren't.
"Obama's 2012 Debate Boast: I Didn't Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq

Obama then denied that he ever supported a status of forces agreement that would have left troops in Iraq:

MR. ROMNEY: [W]ith regards to Iraq, you and I agreed, I believe, that there should have been a status of forces agreement. Did you —

PRESIDENT OBAMA: That's not true.

MR. ROMNEY: Oh, you didn't — you didn't want a status of forces agreement?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: No, but what I — what I would not have done is left 10,000 troops in Iraq that would tie us down. That certainly would not help us in the Middle East.

"Here's one thing I've learned as commander in chief," Obama said at the end of the exchange. "You've got to be clear, both to our allies and our enemies, about where you stand and what you mean

Obama s 2012 Debate Boast I Didn t Want to Leave Any Troops in Iraq The Weekly Standard

a. "This month, Colin Kahl, the senior Pentagon official in charge of Iraq policy at the time, explained why the White House insisted on Iraq’s parliament approving the changes to the SOFA.

He wrote inPolitico Magazinethat in 2011 Iraq’s prime minister, Nouri al-Maliki, “told U.S. negotiators that he was willing to sign an executive memorandum of understanding that included these legal protections.

Yet this time around, Obama is willing to accept an agreement from Iraq’s foreign ministry on U.S. forces in Iraq without a vote of Iraq’s parliament. “We believe we need a separate set of assurances from the Iraqis,” one senior U.S. defense official told The Daily Beast on Sunday. This official said this would likely be an agreement or exchange of diplomatic notes from the Iraq’s foreign ministry. “We basically need a piece of paper from them,” another U.S. official involved in the negotiations told The Daily Beast. The official didn’t explain why the parliamentary vote, so crucial three years ago, was no longer needed.”

Obama Does a U-Turn on Immunity for U.S. Troops in Iraq - The Daily Beast

Obama rejected it.

10. "Turkey will refuse to allow a US-led coalition to attack jihadists in neighbouring Iraq and Syria from its air bases, nor will it take part in combat operations against militants, a government official told AFP" Thursdayhttp://Breaking TURKEY REFUSES OBAMA REQUEST to Use Its Airbases to Fight ISIS The Gateway Pundit

His two most significant foreign policy achievements will be a nuclear Iran, and the restoration of the Islamic caliphate.

11. "First and foremost, I want the American people to know that our experts, here at the CDC and across our government, agree that the chances of an Ebola outbreak here in the United States are extremely low. We’ve been taking the necessary precautions, including working with countries in West Africa to increase screening at airports so that someone with the virus doesn’t get on a plane for the United States.In the unlikely event that someone with Ebola does reach our shores, we’ve taken new measures so that we’re prepared here at home. "
Obama Two Weeks Ago Chances of an Ebola Outbreak Here ... Extremely Low The Weekly Standard

a. "U.S. Nurses Say They Are Unprepared To Handle Ebola Patients" U.S. Nurses Say They Are Unprepared To Handle Ebola Patients

b. "After first Ebola case, red flags emerge that U.S. unprepared for pandemic" After first Ebola case fears turn to U.S. pandemic preparedness - Washington Times

As the saying goes....

and... go.

Post #92....another custard pie in your kisser.

As the saying goes....

and... go.

CNS News?

As the saying goes....

and... go.

CNS News?

I get such a kick out of the morons who object to the messenger when they can't dispute the message.

Raise your paw.

As the saying goes....

and... go.

CNS News?

I get such a kick out of the morons who object to the messenger when they can't dispute the message.

Raise your paw.

CNS News? Was Breitbart busy?

What happened to guns and gay bashing?

You mean this, from the GOP party platform:

We reaffirm our support for a Constitutional amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

Oh, and there's this:

. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.

That amendment would outlaw all abortion, period.

We The People A Restoration of Constitutional Government GOP

About time the GOP told America what it was offering.

"Pushing back against criticism that the GOP had become defined entirely by opposition to President Obama, Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus released a list of 11 “Principles for American Renewal” that he said would guide the GOP agenda should it gain control of government."
GOP debuts new principles to demonstrate positive agenda MSNBC

Any disagreement on these ideas for governing?

Here are the Republican Party's Principles for American Renewal

• Constitution: Our Constitution should be preserved, valued and honored.

• Economy: We need to start growing America’s economy instead of Washington’s economy so that working Americans see better wages and more opportunity.

• Healthcare: We need to start over with real healthcare reform that puts patients and their doctors in charge, not unelected bureaucrats in Washington.

• Veterans: Our veterans have earned our respect and gratitude, and no veteran should have to wait in line for months or years just to see a doctor.

• Security: Keeping America safe and strong requires a strong military, growing the economy, energy independence, and secure borders.

• Education: Every child should have an equal opportunity to get a great education; no parent should be forced to send their child to a failing school.

• Poverty: The best anti-poverty program is a strong family and a good job, so our focus should be on getting people out of poverty by lifting up all people and helping them find work.

• Values: Our country should value the traditions of family, life, religious liberty, and hard work.

• Energy: We should make America energy independent by encouraging investment in domestic energy, lowering prices, and creating jobs at home.
  • Immigration: We need an immigration system that secures our borders, upholds the law, and boosts our economy.
  • GOP s Principles for American Renewal GOP

What's not to like?

Mostly horseshit.

and... go.

CNS News?

Raise your paw.

CNS News? Was Breitbart busy?

Best you can do?

Forum List

Back