GOP Plans to Steamroll SCOTUS Nominee Thru

Oh the GOP doesn't like to hold up nominees when they have the presidency?
Why would they? That would be counter productive. Surely you’re better versed in politics than to believe anything else was going to happen...?
Why not they did it during Oblama? That wasn't very efficient.

Do you understand the difference between a Presidential election, and a midterm election? Do you need us to break out the crayons and draw some pictures?
Oh, now it can only be when the presidential election season is happening, and Trumpp has already announced he's running for president and holding rallies...Sounds legit to use now..

No, Sparkles, it's not "now", it's been that way for a while. I realize YOU just wake up in a new world everyday, due to your brain damage, but the rest of us can actually remember history and see a consistent pattern.
It can be done during mid-terms also, but you keep thinking it can only occur during a presidential election season.

Why would they? That would be counter productive. Surely you’re better versed in politics than to believe anything else was going to happen...?
Can a president be subpoenaed to testify in a Special investigation? Can a president pardon himself? Can the letters, emails and transcripts of meetings with a president or presidential candidate be researched by prosecutors? Should a Supreme Court appointee be asked for loyalty to a president the way an FBI director was?

These questions and many more may be answered by the Supreme Court. Should a president appoint someone who may act as a judge in his case?

Should the people have a say in who advises and consents in their name? The Republicans rescinded the last year of one president's term so, as they say, the people could have a say in who may become an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court. They took that initiative, as they said, on behalf of the people. Are the people less important now to those very same Republicans?

When you vomited all this out, did you get any on your shoes?
When you decided on the wording of your retort, did you conclude it was a reasonabl, responsible and cogent response?

It is a shame that the level of discourse has been set so low by name callers, instigators and dolts. Where are the smart Republicans? Out the door along with Sen. Flake and Cronyn I suppose.

Were you actually expecting politicians to apologize for using the rules to advance their agenda? Do DEM politicians ever apologize for doing so?

Puhleeze.
And now you have admitted that there is zero difference in party member operations.

I'm glad you feel some great "triumph" in having me "admit" something no one has ever denied. The rules are the rules, and the ways to use the rules are the ways to use the rules. It's only a shocking revelation to YOU.

There is, however, ONE glaring difference between the operations of the parties: Democrats only pay attention to the rules when it suits them, or when they can't get away with ignoring them, or changing them mid-game.

The Ds need to block the appointment and are putting serious pressure on senators that are up for reelection this year. I have no idea what the result will be of that but it won't be good for them come 2020. The possible outcomes range from setting up a moderate party to losing big in November with lots of bad news in between.
It didn't affect the Republicans when they did it to Oblama in an election year.

Yes, because it was a PRESIDENTIAL election, not a midterm, and they were following a precedent set by Joe Biden.
I am glad you like Joe Biden I thought you hated him.

Noticing that Joe Biden set the precedent for delaying confirmations during Presidential elections is somehow "liking" him?

Remedial reading courses, shitforbrains. Look into it.

Were you actually expecting politicians to apologize for using the rules to advance their agenda? Do DEM politicians ever apologize for doing so?

Puhleeze.
And now you have admitted that there is zero difference in party member operations.

I'm glad you feel some great "triumph" in having me "admit" something no one has ever denied. The rules are the rules, and the ways to use the rules are the ways to use the rules. It's only a shocking revelation to YOU.

There is, however, ONE glaring difference between the operations of the parties: Democrats only pay attention to the rules when it suits them, or when they can't get away with ignoring them, or changing them mid-game.
Both parties do it, I am amazed that more people don't see the forest because of the trees.

The Ds need to block the appointment and are putting serious pressure on senators that are up for reelection this year. I have no idea what the result will be of that but it won't be good for them come 2020. The possible outcomes range from setting up a moderate party to losing big in November with lots of bad news in between.
It didn't affect the Republicans when they did it to Oblama in an election year.

Yes, because it was a PRESIDENTIAL election, not a midterm, and they were following a precedent set by Joe Biden.
I am glad you like Joe Biden I thought you hated him.

Noticing that Joe Biden set the precedent for delaying confirmations during Presidential elections is somehow "liking" him?

Remedial reading courses, shitforbrains. Look into it.
I see you are using that example for justifying my statement thanks.

Do you understand the difference between a Presidential election, and a midterm election? Do you need us to break out the crayons and draw some pictures?
Oh, now it can only be when the presidential election season is happening, and Trumpp has already announced he's running for president and holding rallies...Sounds legit to use now..

No, Sparkles, it's not "now", it's been that way for a while. I realize YOU just wake up in a new world everyday, due to your brain damage, but the rest of us can actually remember history and see a consistent pattern.
It can be done during mid-terms also, but you keep thinking it can only occur during a presidential election season.

They CAN delay them anytime they can get the juice to do it. However, there is no precedent for delaying confirmations JUST because of an upcoming midterm election.

I can see where figuring out what someone is thinking would be hard for you, given your unfamiliarity with the practice of thinking.

They CAN delay them anytime they can get the juice to do it. However, there is no precedent for delaying confirmations JUST because of an upcoming midterm election.

I can see where figuring out what someone is thinking would be hard for you, given your unfamiliarity with the practice of thinking.
Did you ever notice that plank in yer eye?

Did you ever notice that plank in yer eye?

I'M not the one trying to muddle my way into a coherent argument here.

Let's just cut to the chase, because you're boring me worse than you normally do.

Justice Kagan was confirmed in a midterm election year. Republicans did not suggest that it be delayed due to the election.

Joe Biden was the originator of the idea that nominations of Justices be delayed in Presidential election years. McConnell quoted Biden when Scalia died, and he specifically referred to Presidential elections ONLY numerous times during that period.

If Dems want to now invent a new rule that ALL elections should delay judicial nominees, they can have at it, but they aren't going to get it by falsely accusing Republicans of "hypocrisy" for not holding to a standard the left just invented. And you would think the left would have learned its lesson about making up new rules for itself that it might not want to live under when the power shifts.

Forum List

Back