GOP Plans to Steamroll SCOTUS Nominee Thru

Yeah, it's something like 22 Democrat-held seats versus 8 Republican-held.

The Ds need to block the appointment and are putting serious pressure on senators that are up for reelection this year. I have no idea what the result will be of that but it won't be good for them come 2020. The possible outcomes range from setting up a moderate party to losing big in November with lots of bad news in between.
The Dems, thanks to Harry Reid can't do fuck all to stop Trump.
By the end of Trump's second term he'll have put two more SCJ on the bench.
That's why the DEMs/LIB MSM is so determined to end Trump's Presidency.
The fucking LIB idiots have Pence waiting in the wings. He'll put SCJs on the bench who will rule that saying the Lord's Prayer in every education institution in the country four times a day is the new settled law. HAAAA HAAAAAA!

Oh the GOP doesn't like to hold up nominees when they have the presidency?
I figure Obama or Hillary had Scalia killed, so why should he benefit from his malfeasance.

What is ironic is that because Scalia died Americans were very concerned about his replacement and that had a lot to do with Trump being elected. So if Obama or Crooked Hillary had Scalia wasted then that is what probably led to Trump winning and more Conservatives being put on the court.

Oh the GOP doesn't like to hold up nominees when they have the presidency?
I figure Obama or Hillary had Scalia killed, so why should he benefit from his malfeasance.
"Come on in Hillary. I've got a little problem I think you have experience with. There's this SCJ i need to get rid of permanently. Could you look in your Rolodex and find someone I could have my people contact? Thanks a bunch dear."

What the cons are refusing to realize that trump and their actions are putting those dem seats in a much better situation for the election, while weakening the chances of several of the gop seats up for election.

What the cons are refusing to realize that trump and their actions are putting those dem seats in a much better situation for the election, while weakening the chances of several of the gop seats up for election.
Far, far better than continuing in the RINO tradition of trying to placate the libs with mealy mouth polititalk and centrist platitudes! Your assertion remains to be seen, I for one, think that the opposite may be true.

From what I'm seeing, the Right is clearly willing to sacrifice the November elections (although they'd obviously prefer to win) in order to shape the Supreme Court for the next generation.

Between Harry Reid's short-sighted antics, and the behaviors of the Regressive Left (PC & Identity Politics) that contributed to Trump's win in 2016, this may be the biggest political fuckup by a major party of the last few decades.

Self inflicted wound. Thanks loads, folks.

Thank you, Sahba. This fall election will be a marvelous thing.
Strategically, confirming the next SCJOTUS prior to the midterms is very, very important so as not to make the election hinge on that individual nominee... just plain ol 'strategery', lol

Mac1958, truly a regressive right, is partically correct.

The destruction of the filibuster and the 60-vote cloture rule has been a decade car wreck in the making with both parties taking it a step further when getting the chance.

Strategically, confirming the next SCJOTUS prior to the midterms is very, very important so as not to make the election hinge on that individual nominee... just plain ol 'strategery', lol
That election will hinge on the nomination, regardless.

The dems will try to energize the women to punish the GOP severely. I am hearing in Salt Lake City that if the Dems take the Senate, that the majority file impeachment against Trump and drag in right into the 2020 elections.

This is going to continue and get very, very bitter.

The destruction of the filibuster and the 60-vote cloture rule has been a decade car wreck in the making with both parties taking it a step further when getting the chance.
I tend to agree with you there Starkey... just wondering if you voiced that same sentiment during the dingy Harry rein of subterfuge? lol...

I tend to agree with you there Starkey... just wondering if you voiced that same sentiment during the dingy Harry rein of subterfuge? lol...
Did you? Reid was fighting the battle his way, and McConnell his.

That election will hinge on the nomination, regardless.

The dems will try to energize the women to punish the GOP severely. I am hearing in Salt Lake City that if the Dems take the Senate, that the majority file impeachment against Trump and drag in right into the 2020 elections.

This is going to continue and get very, very bitter.
I duno, it's always an intellectual exercise that we must submit ourselves to in trying to remain objective on partisan politics, kind of opposite of what the MSM does in their 'bubble'. Will middle American woman see the issues as you contend... they well may, but I have my doubts.

Forum List

Back