GOP Pol Admits instances of “Voter Fraud” are rare and that absentee voting is safe.

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
Republican state officials who want to expand absentee and mail-in voting during the pandemic have found themselves in an uncomfortable position due to their party's rhetoric.

President Trump has claimed repeatedly, without providing evidence, that mail-in voting is ripe for fraud and bad for the GOP. He and other Republicans have charged that Democrats might use it to "steal" the election.

Kentucky Secretary of State Michael Adams told NPR he got his "head taken off" by some fellow Republicans for his plan to send every registered voter a postcard telling them how they can easily apply for an absentee ballot for the state's June 23 primary.

"The biggest challenge I have right now is making the concept of absentee voting less toxic for Republicans," he said.

Adams said the presumption that absentee voting is less secure is frustrating because Kentucky has safeguards in place to protect against fraud — including requiring people to apply for ballots instead of automatically sending them to everyone on the voter rolls.

But Adams admitted he is partly to blame. Like many Republicans, he ran for office on a platform of fighting voter fraud. His campaign slogan was to "make it easy to vote and hard to cheat."

"It's partly on me because I talked about it in my campaign," Adams acknowledged. "But it's my job now to calm people's fears."

As many experts have said for years, Adams said instances of voter fraud are rare and more likely to be found in small, local races than in a statewide or national election.

"People who think that Donald Trump is going to have the election stolen by mail, it's just absurd," he said.

The article goes on to state that Republicans in other states as well are pushing back against the notion that mail-in ballots are susceptible to fraud. They are not.

Last edited:
Republican state officials who want to expand absentee and mail-in voting during the pandemic have found themselves in an uncomfortable position due to their party's rhetoric.

President Trump has claimed repeatedly, without providing evidence, that mail-in voting is ripe for fraud and bad for the GOP. He and other Republicans have charged that Democrats might use it to "steal" the election.

Kentucky Secretary of State Michael Adams told NPR he got his "head taken off" by some fellow Republicans for his plan to send every registered voter a postcard telling them how they can easily apply for an absentee ballot for the state's June 23 primary.

"The biggest challenge I have right now is making the concept of absentee voting less toxic for Republicans," he said.

Adams said the presumption that absentee voting is less secure is frustrating because Kentucky has safeguards in place to protect against fraud — including requiring people to apply for ballots instead of automatically sending them to everyone on the voter rolls.

But Adams admitted he is partly to blame. Like many Republicans, he ran for office on a platform of fighting voter fraud. His campaign slogan was to "make it easy to vote and hard to cheat."

"It's partly on me because I talked about it in my campaign," Adams acknowledged. "But it's my job now to calm people's fears."

As many experts have said for years, Adams said instances of voter fraud are rare and more likely to be found in small, local races than in a statewide or national election.

"People who think that Donald Trump is going to have the election stolen by mail, it's just absurd," he said.

The article goes on to state that Republicans in other states as well are pushing back against the notion that mail-in ballots are susceptible to fraud. They are not.
What an idiotic OP. Of course, mail voting is ripe for fraud. ALL VOTING should be IN PERSON, and with photo/biometric proof of CITIZENSHIP. Anything less than that (which the current system is) is ripe for fraud, even without the mail-in voting, which is even worse.

Just to show how bad mail voting can be, an illegal alien already deported, could mail a ballot from thousands of miles away, from the country he got deported to, and illegally vote in our elections. Insane.

As for the moronic idea that illegal voting isn't very common, EARTH TO THOSE WHO SAY THAT: Every national US election contains MILLIONS of illegal votes coming from MILLIONS of illegal and legal aliens.

Astounding how ignorant liberals are. Victims of liberal OMISSION media.

Texas Democrats ask noncitizens to register to vote

Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote - California Political Review

https://publicinterestlegal.org/files/Report_Alien-Invasion-in-Virginia.pdf

https://publicinterestlegal.org/files/Safe-Spaces_Final.pdf

Finally Proof of Illegal Alien Voting

Noncitizens, Voting Violations and U.S. Elections | Federation for American Immigration Reform

Illegal Aliens Really Do Vote – a Lot

https://publicinterestlegal.org/files/Philadelphia-Litigation-Report.pdf

Exclusive: Florida Investigating Potential Non-Citizen Voters

Last edited:
Absentee voting is a lot more secure than any other form of voting. There is a paper trail, so you can't really hack it like you can a Diebold machine.

There is a difference between some absentee voting and everybody voting my mail and there are reason for concern

Absentee voting is a lot more secure than any other form of voting. There is a paper trail, so you can't really hack it like you can a Diebold machine.

How is it more secure? Our primary election here in Nevada is being done completely by mail. I mailed mine out two days ago. How will I know they actually received it and then how will I know it actually gets tallied?

NPR. National Panhandler Radio of all sources. We know how much you lefties lie, cheat and steal, elections.. Broward County where they must recount every fucking election, is it because they are incompetent? or are they cheating? Yes, to both....

If people can stand in line at the grocery stores they can stand in line at the Polls also.

If people can stand in line at the grocery stores they can stand in line at the Polls also.
We did that at our polling place down here in Floor E Da. We went in, without any masks and stood 6 ft apart while we voted for President Trump in the primaries. Too many chicken shit liberals, scared of a little virus, because they are fat, obese , HIV carrying assholes.....

How is it more secure? Our primary election here in Nevada is being done completely by mail. I mailed mine out two days ago. How will I know they actually received it and then how will I know it actually gets tallied?
Because the results of those machines are electronic, and hence are able to be hacked and compromised.

and how do we know if the Dem Voters are getting multiple ballots?

Of course. the simple answer is YOU DON'T KNOW. But maybe this is how some people in America WANT things to be.

ALL elections should be in person, with photo/biometric proof of CITIZENSHIP.

Read the previous post (# 2). Oh brother!

1589596676915.png

Because the results of those machines are electronic, and hence are able to be hacked and compromised.
And where has that happened? Whose votes have been changed because the machine got hacked? I know my vote has been honored when I go in person because I’m standing right there entering it and then it shows a print out of who you voted for so I know it’s being recorded. I have no way of knowing if they ever received my mail in ballot or that it gets tallied if they do

And where has that happened? Whose votes have been changed because the machine got hacked? I know my vote has been honored when I go in person because I’m standing right there entering it and then it shows a print out of who you voted for so I know it’s being recorded. I have no way of knowing if they ever received my mail in ballot or that it gets tallied if they do
Hackers have repeatedly shown that they can hack one of those machines in a manner of minutes and compromise the data within.

Hackers have repeatedly shown that they can hack one of those machines in a manner of minutes and compromise the data within.
Participants at Def Con, a large annual hacker conference, were asked to try their skills on voting machines to help expose weaknesses that could be used by hostile actors. A video published by CNN shows a hacker break into a Diebold machine, which is used in 18 different states, in a matter of minutes, using no special tools, to gain administrator-level access.

Participants at Def Con, a large annual hacker conference, were asked to try their skills on voting machines to help expose weaknesses that could be used by hostile actors. A video published by CNN shows a hacker break into a Diebold machine, which is used in 18 different states, in a matter of minutes, using no special tools, to gain administrator-level access.
Hackers also quickly discovered that many of the voting machines had internet connections, which could allow hackers to break into machines remotely, the Washington Post reported. Motherboard recently reported that election security experts found that election systems used in 10 different states have connected to the internet over the last year, despite assurances from voting machine vendors that they are never connected to the internet and therefore cannot be hacked.

The websites where states post election results are even more susceptible. The event had 40 child hackers between the ages of 6 and 17 attempt to break into a mock version of the sites. Most were able to alter vote tallies and even change the candidates' names to things like “Bob Da Builder,” CNN reported.

BAM!

Hackers also quickly discovered that many of the voting machines had internet connections, which could allow hackers to break into machines remotely, the Washington Post reported. Motherboard recently reported that election security experts found that election systems used in 10 different states have connected to the internet over the last year, despite assurances from voting machine vendors that they are never connected to the internet and therefore cannot be hacked.

The websites where states post election results are even more susceptible. The event had 40 child hackers between the ages of 6 and 17 attempt to break into a mock version of the sites. Most were able to alter vote tallies and even change the candidates' names to things like “Bob Da Builder,” CNN reported.

BAM!
"Unfortunately, it's so easy to hack the websites that report election results that we couldn't do it in this room because [adult hackers] would find it boring," event organizer Jake Braun told CNN.

But no instance of it actually taking place and altering peoples votes in any election. I posted an article earlier that said in a six year period 28 million mail in ballots went lost. The numbers show unequivocally that the machines are more secure for recording your vote than the mail in method.

Forum List

Back