GOP reps announce constitutional amendment to keep Supreme Court at 9

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
I don't think voters are up for amendments of any kind at this time. The vast majority doesn't trust politicians, and they especially don't trust media.

What with the mood the Americans are in after a year of Covid nonsense, I wouldn't shake the tree too much.

GOP reps announce constitutional amendment to keep Supreme Court at 9 'before it's too late'
What a waste of time. The GOP have no power to pass anything let alone a constitution amendment. There’s our tax dollars at work. How do we dock the pay for these clowns?

I don't think voters are up for amendments of any kind at this time. The vast majority doesn't trust politicians, and they especially don't trust media.

What with the mood the Americans are in after a year of Covid nonsense, I wouldn't shake the tree too much.

GOP reps announce constitutional amendment to keep Supreme Court at 9 'before it's too late'

Now that the GOP has packed all of the courts with conservatives picked by the dark money at the Federalist society, they want to freeze the SC. It'll never pass the House or Senate, and it would never be ratified by the States.

Not to mention, Republicans won't be able to get jack shit done as their donors desert the party. The Party of white supremacy and Donald Trump has lost the confidence of the American people.

What a waste of time. The GOP have no power to pass anything let alone a constitution amendment. There’s our tax dollars at work. How do we dock the pay for these clowns?

It's just the usual showboating both sides enjoy.

Maybe you explain why we need 4 more justices in SCOTUS?

A silly waste of time, It needs two-thirds of both Houses to pass and get sent to the states.

What the fucking idiot Republicans should be doing is filing Articles of Impeachment in the House over the Biden Border Insurrection, a direct result of the words and policies of Biden.

I don’t think we need 4 more. I think Obama got ripped off by McConnell but that’s history. I would support better defining the nomination process so that shit can’t happen again

I don’t think we need 4 more. I think Obama got ripped off by McConnell but that’s history. I would support better defining the nomination process so that shit can’t happen again

What shit happened that you think needs changed?

A silly waste of time, It needs two-thirds of both Houses to pass and get sent to the states.

What the fucking idiot Republicans should be doing is filing Articles of Impeachment in the House over the Biden Border Insurrection, a direct result of the words and policies of Biden.
This post is hilarious!!! A new amendment is a silly waste of time because they need two thirds of the votes... but what they should really be doing is trying to impeach. Just think about that for a second

The president gets to nominate justices. Obama should of had his appointment. This election year BS is exactly that as we saw after RBG passed.

Changing the Constitution is incredibly difficult, as it should be.

Odds are the Republicans will never get such an amendment passed.

Just as the odds are equally slim that the democrats would get an amendment passed which would allow them to pack the court...

The president gets to nominate justices. Obama should of had his appointment. This election year BS is exactly that as we saw after RBG passed.

Obama had his nomination, after that he has no say in the matter, that was up to the Senate where there were NOT enough votes for that nomination to succeed, thus just sat on it instead. Obama being a moron didn't bother to nominate someone else, thus nothing happened.

There have been a few nominations that never gets acted on, that is a fact people don't realize. Nothing illegal happened the whole time.

RBG herself stated there is nothing wrong with a fast nomination process.

I suggest that once Republicans retake both Houses and the White House they cut the court to one Justice, Clarence Thomas as Chief Justice.

Only the Chief Justice is specifically mentioned in the Constitution. So, pass a bill removing all the others, then impeach Roberts if he won't resign. Then name Thomas as the Chief Justice.

Changing the Constitution is incredibly difficult, as it should be.

Odds are the Republicans will never get such an amendment passed.

Just as the odds are equally slim that the democrats would get an amendment passed which would allow them to pack the court...

They don't need an amendment to change the number of Justices. That is done merely by statute.

Yep, much better to have Biden flush our tax dollars down the toilet on illegals.

Forum List

Back