GOP reveals deficit-financed tax cut package

Since the 'rich' already pay the lions share of the taxes naturally they will benefit from tax cuts.

The only reason why the rich pay a larger share of the burden is because you fucking idiots cut taxes.

So you cut taxes, which increased the burden on the rich, and your remedy for that is to...cut taxes further.

What a fucking idiot.

So you should be all for this then since you hate the rich so much.

Since the 'rich' already pay the lions share of the taxes naturally they will benefit from tax cuts.

The only reason why the rich pay a larger share of the burden is because you fucking idiots cut taxes.

So you cut taxes, which increased the burden on the rich, and your remedy for that is to...cut taxes further.

What a fucking idiot.

Screw those rich guys.......raise taxes on the middle class, eh comrade?

Yes, cut taxes today and cut them again tomorrow.

I asked you how you know there will be no growth to compensate for the loss in tax revenue. That does not answer my question.

1. There was no growth when Bush cut taxes in 2001.
2. There was no growth when Brownback cut taxes in 2013.

So why would there be growth if taxes are cut today?

I asked you how you know there will be no growth to compensate for the loss in tax revenue. That does not answer my question.

1. There was no growth when Bush cut taxes in 2001.

I guess that would be your little secret, huh

usgr_chart3p11.png

Screw those rich guys.......raise taxes on the middle class, eh comrade?

Keep taxes on the middle class as they are and raise them on the rich and corporations.

Yes, cut taxes today and cut them again tomorrow.

"Deficits don't matter".
We'll leave that as an exercise for the Democrats to take on if they ever get back into office. It should go over big with everyone who loses his job as a result.

Folks, if you can't discuss the topic of this thread without wildly veering off topic or engaging in constant name calling I will start booting people out.

The deficit is only important to democrats during a republican administration. Democrats didn't mind when Barry Hussein added to deficit even though the stock market and the GDP remained stagnant for two terms. If hypocrite democrats (and establishment RINO's) would table their anger for a while and cooperate with President Trump's policies to make America great again we might get somewhere. The sad reality is that democrats and RINO's are in it for the power and damn the Country.

More on this plan

The bill would create a new child care tax credit, backed by Ivanka Trump, the president’s daughter and advisor, starting at $1,000 per child and growing over time to $1,600.

The plan reduces the current seven personal tax brackets to four. Households with up to $24,000 in annual income will not be taxed because of a new expanded standard deduction. Income from $24,000 to $90,000 will be taxed at 12%, income from $90,000 to $260,000 will be taxed at 25%, income from $260,000 to $1 million will be taxed at 35% and income above that is taxed at the current top rate of 39.6%.

House tax bill would deliver blow to California homeowners

usgr_chart3p11.png

So when I look at that chart, I see revenue below 2000 levels FOR THREE STRAIGHT YEARS. Revenue finally surpassed 2000 levels by 2004. So congratulations on taking three steps back to take one step forward. Curious; how many steps does that leave you behind???

So what was going on in 2004 to suddenly cause revenue to jump? THE BUSH MORTGAGE BUBBLE. Which is why suddenly those revenue levels dropped. The same mortgage bubble you blame on Clinton. So that sets up an inconvenience for you...if you're going to blame Democrats for the housing bubble, you have to also credit them for the growth that came from that bubble.

Now watch the troll's head explode.

Last edited:
We'll leave that as an exercise for the Democrats to take on if they ever get back into office. It should go over big with everyone who loses his job as a result.

Democrats reduce and eliminate deficits...Conservatives create and expand them.

usgr_chart3p11.png

So when I look at that chart, I see revenue below 2000 levels FOR THREE STRAIGHT YEARS. Revenue finally surpassed 2000 levels by 2004. So congratulations on taking three steps back to take one step forward. Curious; how many steps does that leave you behind. Just curious, what was going on in 2004 to suddenly cause revenue to jump? THE BUSH MORTGAGE BUBBLE. Which is why suddenly those revenue levels dropped. The same mortgage bubble you blame on Clinton. So that sets up an inconvenience for you...if you're going to blame Democrats for the housing bubble, you have to also credit them for the growth that came from that bubble.

Now watch the troll's head explode.
Yeah, those years occured immediately after 9/11. Remember that? See, taxation isn't the only thing that affects the economy, stupid.

Will add at least $1.5T to the debt without producing any growth to compensate for the drop in revenue. Just like what happened during Bush the Dumber, just like what happened with Brownback in Kansas. Conservatives are a broken record with this deficit-financed tax cutting proposal; they swear this time there will be enough growth to compensate for the loss of revenue. Of course, we have no reason to believe them now, just like we had no reason to believe them in Kansas in 2012, or in DC in 2001.

Never once have Conservative tax cuts ever delivered on any of the promises made of them.

Wrong.

iu

Your little charts fail to take into account the stimulative effect of ballooning deficits during the 80's.

The deficit is only important to democrats during a republican administration. Democrats didn't mind when Barry Hussein added to deficit even though the stock market and the GDP remained stagnant for two terms.

So much wrong here...makes you think it's propaganda.

1. Obama reduced the deficit from where your guy, Bush the Dumber, left it

2. The deficit and debt are two different things.

3. The market was most definitely not stagnant during Obama. In fact, he inherited a market at 6,500 and grew it to over 20,000. An accomplishment no Republican has ever been able to achieve.

4. For all the debt Obama added, we actually got stuff out of it; 11,000,000 net private sector jobs, faster wage growth during Obama than Bush, a record-low uninsured rate, 83 straight months of private sector job growth that started the month Obamacare was signed into law.

Will add at least $1.5T to the debt without producing any growth to compensate for the drop in revenue. Just like what happened during Bush the Dumber, just like what happened with Brownback in Kansas. Conservatives are a broken record with this deficit-financed tax cutting proposal; they swear this time there will be enough growth to compensate for the loss of revenue. Of course, we have no reason to believe them now, just like we had no reason to believe them in Kansas in 2012, or in DC in 2001.

Never once have Conservative tax cuts ever delivered on any of the promises made of them.

Wrong.

iu

Your little charts fail to take into account the stimulative effect of ballooning deficits during the 80's.

Why didn't that "stimulative effect" happen during the Bush administration or the Obama administration?

Forum List

Back