GOP Rolled back Obama Gun Laws for Mentally ill Receiving SS checks

Trump says that he is concerned about mental health issues as it relates to the tragedy in Florida.

But, just after taking office he killed the President Obama law H.J. Res 40 that would have prevented some mentally ill citizens from purchasing firearms. So now Trump is part of the problem and deserves a good dose of blame for the Florida shooting. And, how 'bout the nra? They've been awfully quiet. Bigly.

I'm confused. You mean the shooter at 19 was getting SS checks?

-Geaux

He was having many mental health issues hearing voices. ect.. Hearing voices usually means schizophrenia in most cases except for addictions..

Being and adult he would have been on the list for major mental health problems..

And what due process of law would he have been afforded prior to and after being added to the list?
I already tried. Eagle has no idea. He claims he worked there, but has no idea what hell is going on.

As the patient gets better you are able to change the status..there are different levels of mental illness..

Trump says that he is concerned about mental health issues as it relates to the tragedy in Florida.

But, just after taking office he killed the President Obama law H.J. Res 40 that would have prevented some mentally ill citizens from purchasing firearms. So now Trump is part of the problem and deserves a good dose of blame for the Florida shooting. And, how 'bout the nra? They've been awfully quiet. Bigly.

-Geaux

He was having many mental health issues hearing voices. ect.. Hearing voices usually means schizophrenia in most cases except for addictions..

Being and adult he would have been on the list for major mental health problems..

And what due process of law would he have been afforded prior to and after being added to the list?
I already tried. Eagle has no idea. He claims he worked there, but has no idea what hell is going on.

As the patient gets better you are able to change the status..there are different levels of mental illness..

Sorry, what does this have to do with the question, ie. due process of law? Where, precisely, does 5th Amendment protection come into your happy little scenario?

-Geaux

Sorry, what does this have to do with the question, ie. due process of law? Where, precisely, does 5th Amendment protection come into your happy little scenario?

Oh thanks..

For 30 years anyone who was diagnosed or treated in a a rehab with a dual diagnosis ( drug addiction and a mental illness ) or sees a Private psychiatrist is entered into the system by the doctor by the severity of their mental status...
for professional use and kept private ...

Unless if the person is in danger himself or threatens to hurt others it would no longer be private and you report it to the authorities.

When they do a check on the person to buy a gun, it would not tell the details, but it would warn the this person is unstable at this time..

You can go in there and change things as the patient gets better..

Oh thanks..

For 30 years anyone who was diagnosed or treated in a a rehab with a dual diagnosis ( drug addiction and a mental illness ) or sees a Private psychiatrist is entered into the system by the doctor by the severity of their mental status...

Unless if the person is in danger himself or threatens to hurt others it would no longer be private and you report it to the authorities.

When they do a check on the person to buy a gun, it would not tell the details, but it would warn the this person is unstable at this time..

You are certain that the Obama list is constantly updated based on Dr visits or successful rehab (whatever that means). Are you positive? It's up to a Dr or nurse to determine mental status and you are then willing to trust them to strip Constitutional rights? No court. No appeal process. Sigh...

The White House has refused to release photos of Trump signing that bill permitting the mentally ill to buy guns. They actually think that will absolve him of the blood on his hands.

Awesome. Lose constitutional rights because you cant remember to balance a check book.
Thank gawd that son of a bitch is gone.
Thanks for that pathetic excuse xcuse for your president putting guns in the hands of the mentally ill.

I do not recall hearing about this..All I can say Is Why?

The measure sought to block some people with severe mental health problems from buying guns.

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday 2017 rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had the rule fully taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added about 75,000 names to that database.

Trump signs bill revoking Obama-era gun checks for mental illness

O has lied repeatedly. There is no reason to believe anything that comes out of the mouth of that narcissist.
Yeah it’s obama’s fault Trump overturned his law preventing the mentally ill from owning guns.
I swear you trump whores are fucking crazy.

Sounds like you suffer from a serious mental illness known as Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Just another example of Trump saying one thing after doing another. He is an aggressive slave of the nra.
Your thread is just another example of someone not knowing what he’s talking about.
What I'm talking about is children dying and Trump could care less. He is part of the problem, bought and paid for by the nra.
I agree that Trump could care less.

How does that make him a problem, jackass?
Trump not doing his duty to protect American citizens, in this case children, is NOT a problem?
Have all you trump supporters lost your minds?

Sounds like you suffer from a serious mental illness known as Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Just another example of Trump saying one thing after doing another. He is an aggressive slave of the nra.
google this and youll see it had the support of the aclu

H.J.Res. 40 and the aclu

Your thread is just another example of someone not knowing what he’s talking about.
What I'm talking about is children dying and Trump could care less. He is part of the problem, bought and paid for by the nra.
I agree that Trump could care less.

How does that make him a problem, jackass?
Trump not doing his duty to protect American citizens, in this case children, is NOT a problem?
Have all you trump supporters lost your minds?
You are the one who is suffering from a mental disorder known as TDS.

Oh thanks..

Yeah, still not seeing the due process of law in all these private lists and bureaucratic paper pushers removing someone's Constitutional rights without reference to the 5th Amendment.

Amen!

DWRNQp0XUAEphWT.jpg

DWPqdvmX4AEIn1f.jpg

DWPqMs_XUAA2WHw.jpg

DWPpi-gX4AAxyz4.jpg

Last edited:

google this and youll see it had the support of the aclu

H.J.Res. 40 and the aclu

Don't bother. I gave them everything they needed for them to know the truth in post #119, they have ignored it much preferring the lie they've been vomiting...

Forum List

Back