GOP senators John Cornyn, Josh Hawley, & John Thune defend AR-15 rifles: Used to shoot prairie dogs

I said that ... "Not if you know how to shoot" ... :auiqs.jpg:

Any shot that isn't a kill shot runs the risk of tearing up the meat.
The heart and lungs are the target ... You don't want to mess up the meat or end up chasing a wounded deer through the backwoods.​
Well, that's true........................knowing how to shoot.
I was good about 20 years ago, today...................iffy.
Getting old, really does..................SUCK.

Every deer hunter who has been hunting for a while is at least an amateur sniper.
We have the firearms, and we know how to kill things at a considerable distance.
We know stealth, camouflage and the woods.

I can't argue that, of course.

Getting old, really does..................SUCK.

I am sorry to hear that, and I hope you still enjoy the outdoors.

So it doesn't sound all bloodthirsty and belligerent ...
If you have hunted you probably know what it is like to sit in the great outdoors and enjoy the day.

There have been days where I saw deer legal to shoot, but it wasn't the particular deer I was hunting.
Even though I may have come home empty handed, I still had a good time.

There's nothing like a squirrel fussing at you for being in his tree, a bunch of wild turkeys stomping around
or an owl mistaking your ponytail for a squirrel tail and damn near getting a face full of talons
when he flies around the tree from behind looking for his breakfast ... :auiqs.jpg:

I am sorry to hear that, and I hope you still enjoy the outdoors.​
Every year in the fall, I go out, that's how I know, I just ain't got it, anymore but sometimes go and watch others, sometimes dress it out, cook a little bit, etc.

So it doesn't sound all bloodthirsty and belligerent ...
If you have hunted you probably know what it is like to sit in the great outdoors and enjoy the day.

There have been days where I saw deer legal to shoot, but it wasn't the particular deer I was hunting.
Even though I may have come home empty handed, I still had a good time.​
Exactly the point, beer helped.
There's nothing like a squirrel fussing at you for being in his tree, a bunch of wild turkeys stomping around
or an owl mistaking your ponytail for a squirrel tail and damn near getting a face full of talons
when he flies around the tree from behind looking for his breakfast ... :auiqs.jpg:

Prairie Dogs here in NC are huge. I’m building a Tomahawk missile for them. AR15s are not enough.
8Ball.jpg

Next you mouth breather's will claim you need an AR to shoot "feral" pigeons.

You think people believe this shit about needing an AR to shoot feral hogs?
They're good for shooting feral humans, as Kyle Rittenhouse demonstrated....A shame they weren't put to widespread use in the summer of '20.

They're good for shooting feral humans, as Kyle Rittenhouse demonstrated....A shame they weren't put to widespread use in the summer of '20.
S'matter? Not enough innocent people including school children gunned by maniacs brandishing an AR, idiot?

My bother loves his. He uses it to protect his land and animals from coyotes. Lighter than the hunting rifles we grew up with.
If you've ever hunted coyotes you know what's involved.
If you haven't bug your brother to go along next time he hunts them.
Its like hunting ghosts...

i agree with the 3 J's. i don't personally own an AR-15, but i respect people who do, and their right to do so, i'm sure they have their reasons. who am i to infringe on their constitutional right?

They have a constitutional right to a AR-15? That is so much bullshit and shows you are a moron. These weapons were designed for military use. It is illegal to own a military grade M-16. Are you saying this is unconstitutional?

Yes, I am.
Didn't realize there were so many variant AR-15's.

An AR-15-style rifle is any lightweight semi-automatic rifle based on the Colt AR-15 design. The original ArmaLite AR-15 is a scaled-down derivative of Eugene Stoner's ArmaLite AR-10 design.

ANY?

BASED on the colt?

Then, in my book they aren't an AR-15, they are "styles'.
With "styles", the door is wide open for any configuration, calibers, barrels, velocities and grains etc.

1654757677359.png

After Colt's patents expired in 1977, other manufacturers began to copy the design of the Colt AR-15. The term "AR-15" is a Colt registered trademark which it uses only to refer to its line of semi-automatic rifles.
Other manufacturers marketed generic AR-15s under other designations, frequently referred to as AR-15s, as are some rifles and carbines not based on the AR-15 design.

AR-15 style rifles are available in a wide range of configurations and calibers from a large number of manufacturers. These configurations range from standard full-size rifles with 20-inch barrels, to short carbine-length models with 16-inch barrels, adjustable length stocks and optical sights, to long range target models with 24-inch barrels, bipods and high-powered scopes. These rifles may also have short-stroke gas piston system, forgoing the direct gas system standard in AR-15 rifles. These calibers include the 5.56×45mm NATO, 5.7×28mm, 6.8mm Remington SPC, .300 Blackout, 9×19mm Parabellum and .458 SOCOM to name a few.

So, with all these variants, I stand corrected.
I thought different.

Last edited:
If you've ever hunted coyotes you know what's involved.
If you haven't bug your brother to go along next time he hunts them.
Its like hunting ghosts...

He doesn't hunt them or really try to kill them unless they get to close to the house. They help control the varmints. They've learned. Talk of banning semi-automatic weapons based on the style, and pissing off honest folks who use them is almost as stupid as the "Defund the Police" slogan.

Next you mouth breather's will claim you need an AR to shoot "feral" pigeons.

You think people believe this shit about needing an AR to shoot feral hogs?

I don't care what they think. If I want to own 20 of them, thats my right.

i agree with the 3 J's. i don't personally own an AR-15, but i respect people who do, and their right to do so, i'm sure they have their reasons. who am i to infringe on their constitutional right?

I guess the tards can't figure out if there are other weapons which could be used to kill prairie dogs. This puzzle stumps them. They must have single-digit IQs.

It is more important to be able to kill prairie dogs with an assault rifle than to save the lives of second graders in school and negroes in grocery stores and spics in Wal-Mart and such.

Forum List

Back