GOP still saying God punishes us with disease and bad weather because of the gays

You have no idea what G-d's will is. It is all merely opinion. Your opinion is no more valid than the Westboro Baptists'.

I'll take it two further...

Neither of your opinions is any more (or less) valid than are the opinions of the authors of The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran; and Abraham was NOT God's special little Arab, he was just another swinging dick on The Timeline with a Monkeys opinion of God.
Well, no. The Torah is the word of G-d. The New Testament is not the word of G-d. The Koran is for sure not the word of G-d. This is all demonstrable.

Demonstrable to empirical proof, or demonstrable to the formulation of just another opinion of just another swinging dick on The Timeline?

:popcorn:

Religion = opinion. That's why 'faith' is a requirement. There is no proof and there never will be.

Everyone knows A god. Whatever you value most in your life is your god.

The

I do not believe that everyone in the world knows THE God.

If a tree is before thee and one were to say, "Look, there is a tree in front of you." and you were to then recognize the tree then does one "know" the tree before one sees it? I won't say phrasing it one way rather than the other makes any difference. There is only one tree however. Of course everyone will see it from their own point of view, that is who we are. Who we were meant to be.

Trying to explain God to someone who doesn't know God is like trying to explain what color is to someone who has been blind their entire life.

Or maybe, just maybe, God is WAY bigger than ALL of the ancient stories, let alone any one of them, and confining Him to the box that holds your Bible is short-sighted.

I think anyone who believes the Bible contains all the truth there is .... is mistaken. I don't believe all of God is contained in the Bible. I'm not sure what my previous post has to do with the Bible.

I don't see why the Bible can not contain all the truth, just as the other Books. Using the Book as a sword is problematic however.

Or maybe, just maybe, God is WAY bigger than ALL of the ancient stories, let alone any one of them, and confining Him to the box that holds your Bible is short-sighted.

I think anyone who believes the Bible contains all the truth there is .... is mistaken. I don't believe all of God is contained in the Bible. I'm not sure what my previous post has to do with the Bible.

I don't see why the Bible can not contain all the truth, just as the other Books. Using the Book as a sword is problematic however.

One can never underestimate the pain a paper-cut may inflict.

You misunderstand. (I think). I'm not saying the Bible is not all true - I am saying that all the truth that exists is not contained in the Bible.

You misunderstand. (I think). I'm not saying the Bible is not all true - I am saying that all the truth that exists is not contained in the Bible.

Yes. In that case I did misunderstand. I agree fully. If I am laying there for open heart surgery and the doctor looks in and then at his Bible I am going to start doing a little praying myself.

wow really?

i doubt that is true; the "GOP' is doing no such thing. somebody that is on the right might be saying so; but not the GOP

how does it feel to be a left-wing loser so petty as to be incapable of an honest debate on any matter?

Absolutely not! In mathematics there is no opinion, just correct and incorrect which is provable because it's repeatable.

Taking fuzzy math on faith is just stupid.

Absolutely not! In mathematics there is no opinion, just correct and incorrect which is provable because it's repeatable.

Taking fuzzy math on faith is just stupid.

What is the smallest unit on a graph? It's a point, yes? What is the definition of a point?

Forum List

Back