GOP & US Chamber of Commerce Threaten The USA

Where's the beef?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

what disclosure was there? a talking head on FOX News? :lol::lol::lol:

Biden wanted to know how much foreign money being spent on US elections. The amount was disclosed, or did you miss it? The amount is $0.00

:lol:

huh? and the proof of this is what and where?

Do you not pay attention to what I post, or are you just neg repping people that prove you wrong now? Seems a bit childish, but about the level of intellectual honesty I expect from you.

As the guy said, federal law prohibits spending foreign money on US elections, and they are audited every year. If there was any type of proof that they spent foreign money inappropriately it would be out there. The simple fact that they state that they spend no money that way is proof. I know you think Obama walks on water, but the only reason he is attacking them is he knows the Democrats are going to loose, and he is trying to stir up the radical left any way he can. It is too bad you are stupid enough to go along with him, but that is your problem, not mine. Keep your whining and stupidity to yourself.

The difference between Union money and the CoC's money is Union's work to keep our jobs here, and aren't using the same account to buy ads as they receive foreign money with. The chamber wants to elect people who support giving tax breaks to those who ship jobs overseas, and use the same account to attack Democrats as they receive foreign money with. Not too hard to understand, unless your a partisan hack that doesn't care.

Can we bet on who the partisan hack is? My money will fall on the unions, instead of the Chamber of commerce, which gives money to Democrats.

Democratic partisans up in arms against U.S .Chamber's donations - KansasCity.com

Or the unions, which never listen to the people they supposedly help.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJRA6hJ_NE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

You are the partisan hack here.

Where's the beef?

Biden wanted to know how much foreign money being spent on US elections. The amount was disclosed, or did you miss it? The amount is $0.00

Yet they refuse to show us the proof. They get donations from foreign countries. They donate to Republican candidates. How do we know which money went where? We're supposed to take their word without a look at the books?

Republicans are so gullible. Either that or they're OK with foreign funding of their candidates.

In case you missed it, the onus of proof isn't upon the C of C.

This still isn't Soviet Russia.

You're right. Soviet Russia doesn't have laws like we do, preventing foreign money being spent on US elections.

Why does the C of C refuse to show which money went where? What are they hiding? Why no transparency? Why the secrecy?

They don't offer any proof, just a denial, and those of us who aren't sheep don't suck it all up like idiots.

The scads of Indian software engineers imported into Silicon Valley work for pennies on the dollar?...Who knew? :rolleyes:

Apples and oranges?

Those that make it to "silicon valley" work for recruiters who accept a fee and pay them a bit less then their American counter parts.

Those that log into Citrix thin clients (or what ever terminal they are using at the time) while in Banglore or Mumbia..make pennies on the dollar.

There are also those that strictly work at help centers..who make less then that.

Sorry..sometimes I forget to clarify stuff like this.

Where's the beef?

Yet they refuse to show us the proof. They get donations from foreign countries. They donate to Republican candidates. How do we know which money went where? We're supposed to take their word without a look at the books?

Republicans are so gullible. Either that or they're OK with foreign funding of their candidates.

No, they refuse to disclose a list of all their donors. Guess what, the unions also refuse to provide a list of their donors. That could be because they are not required to do so. In fact, both the law and various court decisions prohibit anyone from insisting on lists of donors because Alabama used to use those lists to retaliate against anyone who supported civil rights laws.

Why are you against the Constitution? Or do you only oppose the parts you do not like? Or perhaps only apply it to people you do not like?

Republican voters must LOVE talking to some Indian guy when they call their credit card company.

Republicans vote for the people who filibustered te bill that would have taken away the subsidy for companies who move jobs out of the USA.

Republicans don't care if foreign money pays for their candidates. Republicans are perfectly happy to see the middle class disappear. They keep voting for the guys who are killing the middle class.

Last edited:

No, they refuse to disclose a list of all their donors. Guess what, the unions also refuse to provide a list of their donors. That could be because they are not required to do so. In fact, both the law and various court decisions prohibit anyone from insisting on lists of donors because Alabama used to use those lists to retaliate against anyone who supported civil rights laws.

Why are you against the Constitution? Or do you only oppose the parts you do not like? Or perhaps only apply it to people you do not like?

And yet you believe these secretive people who recieve foreign donations when they claim the foriegn money isn't part of the huge amounts of money they are giving to Republican campaigns. The Chamber of Commerce receives money from China and India. Of course they will fund the opponents of the Democratic candidates that are trying to pass legislation that would allow the federal government to place tariffs on goods imported from countries that deliberately and artificially undervalue their currency. China and India.

The US Chamber of Commerce is doing the bidding of China and India through Republican candidates who are doing everything they can to outsource American jobs.

Pathetic.

The scads of Indian software engineers imported into Silicon Valley work for pennies on the dollar?...Who knew? :rolleyes:

Apples and oranges?

Those that make it to "silicon valley" work for recruiters who accept a fee and pay them a bit less then their American counter parts.

Those that log into Citrix thin clients (or what ever terminal they are using at the time) while in Banglore or Mumbia..make pennies on the dollar.

There are also those that strictly work at help centers..who make less then that.

Apples and oranges nothing.

One fine day I dealt with an Indian at a Mocrosoft phone bank, for a software problem.

Even though he spoke English quite well , I could still discern a faint Indian accent.

During our troubleshooting session, I asked him where he was. He said New Delhi, with a slight sense of trepidation. I reassured him that I didn't give a shit about whiny American nativist ignoramuses and asked him how he spoke English so well.

Turned out that he was training to be a commercial pilot (English is the official language of the air throughout the globe) and Microsoft trained their phone bank assistants in speaking English well.

Long and short of the story is that wages aren't the lone consideration when people take a job.

You're right. Soviet Russia doesn't have laws like we do, preventing foreign money being spent on US elections.

Why does the C of C refuse to show which money went where? What are they hiding? Why no transparency? Why the secrecy?

They don't offer any proof, just a denial, and those of us who aren't sheep don't suck it all up like idiots.
In America, the onus of proof is on those making the charge, tovarich.

Even a career shill like Bob Scieffer knows this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWclx7H2tg[/ame]

Apples and oranges?

Apples and oranges nothing.

One fine day I dealt with an Indian at a Mocrosoft phone bank, for a software problem.

Even though he spoke English quite well , I could still discern a faint Indian accent.

During our troubleshooting session, I asked him where he was. He said New Delhi, with a slight sense of trepidation. I reassured him that I didn't give a shit about whiny American nativist ignoramuses and asked him how he spoke English so well.

Turned out that he was training to be a commercial pilot (English is the official language of the air throughout the globe) and Microsoft trained their phone bank assistants in speaking English well.

Long and short of the story is that wages aren't the lone consideration when people take a job.

Well I guess this story trumps my over 15 years in the industry. Would be pointless to say how my shop just got rid of a whole division of off shore coders because they weren't really making the grade. And I guess they really didn't understand just was going on until then. The one American software developer in their section who actually understood multithreaded data processing was doing most of the actual engineering..and when they finally got rid of him..what was left in India..couldn't keep up. That..and they wanted raises for doing substandard work. But fear not..the geniuses at my shop have now hired in Manila.

Yay.

Or maybe you could tell me about how outfits like Dell and HP couldn't keep their phone banks manned, because smart people figured out that there was more money in making $50.00/hr house calls than $12.00/ hr parked in a cubicle.

Have any idea what turnover costs?

Or maybe you could tell me about how outfits like Dell and HP couldn't keep their phone banks manned, because smart people figured out that there was more money in making $50.00/hr house calls than $12.00/ hr parked in a cubicle.

Have any idea what turnover costs?

Hmm..don't think that's how they saw it at all.

They looked at the 12/hr cost..plus the cost of brick and mortar plus the cost of any benefits they provide..and then looked at the cost of setting up a couple of servers, a few switches or routers and maybe paying for a desktop or two in another land along with an internet portal or some sort.

Then they figured they could pay a person 50 cents and hour (if that) to do close to the same job.

Right...And that many of the the former employees are out working as private contractors for $50.00/hr on house calls has nothing to do with it.

No, I don't wanna buy a bridge.

Not that anyone is selling one.

And if you were a little more up on the industry..at least around here..they are firing permanent employees (Well it's not called firing anymore..they call it RIFFING or Reduction In Force) and hiring temps. Turns out paying "$50.00" an hour (or whatever) is cheaper then keeping a long term employee with full benefits. At least in the short term.

Umm, Soviet Russia doeesn't exist anymore. ANd I don't know what theit election laws are. Maybe you should compare us to North Vietnam instead?

And yet you believe these secretive people who recieve foreign donations when they claim the foriegn money isn't part of the huge amounts of money they are giving to Republican campaigns. The Chamber of Commerce receives money from China and India. Of course they will fund the opponents of the Democratic candidates that are trying to pass legislation that would allow the federal government to place tariffs on goods imported from countries that deliberately and artificially undervalue their currency. China and India.

I certainly do, just like I believe the AFL-CIO, the ACLU, and the Sierra Club when they say the same thing. That, dear Queen, is the difference between being a partisan hack and an adult. All of these organizations are registered as PACs, all of them receive foreign money to one extent or another, all of them purchase adds to sway elections, and all of them obey the law. If they did not, the IRS would strip them of their non profit status and pursue criminal prosecution.

The US Chamber of Commerce is doing the bidding of China and India through Republican candidates who are doing everything they can to outsource American jobs.

Pathetic.

Really? The New York Times disagrees.

White House officials acknowledged Friday that they had no specific evidence to indicate that the chamber had used money from foreign entities to finance political attack ads. “The president was not suggesting any illegality,” Bob Bauer, the White House counsel, said. Instead, he said Mr. Obama’s reference to the chamber was meant to draw attention to the inadequacies of campaign disclosure laws in allowing groups to spend large amounts of money on politics without disclosing their donors.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us/politics/09donate.html

Mark those words. Even though Obama said that the Chamber is using foreign money in elections, he did not really say that, because that would be illegal, and he did not say they were doing anything illegal.

Just how much influence do you think $200,000 split 108 ways is going to buy any one country? Especially considering that the Chamber has spent more than 10 times that amount, and has plans to spend another $5,000,000 dollars on the 2010 elections?

Yet I am crazy because I can do math.

Forum List

Back