GOP voter disenfranchisement in Mississippi

I doubt 360k adults in any state have no ID. We need ID to do just about anything in daily life. Where are these people who have no ID?
We all have social security cards and birth certificates. However for someone who doesn't drive, coming up with photo ID may be tricky. I guess if they have a passport, that would be one option.

jug_baffled.jpg

I doubt 360k adults in any state have no ID. We need ID to do just about anything in daily life. Where are these people who have no ID?

Plenty of people don't renew IDs for a variety of reasons at some point in life. If they're retired, and they don't drive, and they live in small towns where everyone knows everyone, there's simply no need for an ID. So, why should they spend a day traveling several miles to a bigger city in order to pay money to get an ID they don't need?

"Spend a day traveling..."

I can drive from Texas to Florida and back in a day. I'm calling BS on the claim it takes a day of driving to get your ID renewed. Why would anyone need to travel a number of states to get an ID renewed? Oh... maybe you are talking about getting an ID for the place you want to vote in vs. an ID for the location where you actually live?

Heres someone else. I'm sure you'll deny this as well because that the only play you've got

Middle name on ID flags Davis at polls - San Antonio Express-News

AUSTIN — Sen. Wendy Davis, the Democratic candidate for governor with a national profile, had to attest to her own identity under Texas' voter ID law when she cast an early ballot Monday on her home turf of Fort Worth.

Heres another: Prominent Texans Who Have Struggled To Vote Under Texas?s New Voter ID Law | Texas Monthly

Greg Abbott
The current Attorney General and Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott was required to sign an affidavit in order to vote because his full name is Gregory Wayne Abbott, and that name is what appears on his driver's license, while he's registered to vote as Greg Abbott. The process, for Abbott, was simple: He declared the issue of voter ID and affidavits to be "no big deal," and accused opponents of the law of overhyping it.

I bet you question all of these people. All these links. Dont believe anyone or anything.

Oh the horror! Someone had to sign an affidavit to vote. Will the horrors never cease!

Heres someone else. I'm sure you'll deny this as well because that the only play you've got

AUSTIN — Sen. Wendy Davis, the Democratic candidate for governor with a national profile, had to attest to her own identity under Texas' voter ID law when she cast an early ballot Monday on her home turf of Fort Worth.

Heres another: Prominent Texans Who Have Struggled To Vote Under Texas?s New Voter ID Law | Texas Monthly

Greg Abbott
The current Attorney General and Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott was required to sign an affidavit in order to vote because his full name is Gregory Wayne Abbott, and that name is what appears on his driver's license, while he's registered to vote as Greg Abbott. The process, for Abbott, was simple: He declared the issue of voter ID and affidavits to be "no big deal," and accused opponents of the law of overhyping it.

I bet you question all of these people. All these links. Dont believe anyone or anything.

Oh the horror! Someone had to sign an affidavit to vote. Will the horrors never cease!

Not just someone but the guy who wrote the law. His ID didnt match his registration so he couldnt vote. Its a good thing he can get an affidavit and sign it himself. Other people would have a tougher process tho.

Its not a horror but it is an undue burden

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

Mississippi voter ID distribution off to slow start (updated) | gulflive.com

As Gomer would say, "surprise surprise surprise."

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

If they have no ID, how did they register to vote? I lived in MS, you need an ID in order to register.

Not just someone but the guy who wrote the law. His ID didnt match his registration so he couldnt vote. Its a good thing he can get an affidavit and sign it himself. Other people would have a tougher process tho.

No you are wrong. He did vote. Why the hell do you think other people would have a tougher process? You think signing a piece of paper at a polling place is an "undue" process? ROFL

No you are wrong. He did vote. Why the hell do you think other people would have a tougher process? You think signing a piece of paper at a polling place is an "undue" process? ROFL

I'd be wrong if I said he didnt vote. But I didnt. Pays to read.

Whats the process for getting an affidavit? How many more steps will equal "too many"? Because so far every additional step you seem to count everyone as "no biggie"

Getting to the DMV - No biggie. Is the ID free or not - No Biggie. Does it match the registration? I dunno but no biggie. Will I have to sign an affidavit? Who knows but its no biggie. How do I get an affidavit? Who knows but one thing I know, its no biggie.

Whats the process for getting an affidavit? How many more steps will equal "too many"? Because so far every additional step you seem to count everyone as "no biggie"

Getting to the DMV - No biggie. Is the ID free or not - No Biggie. Does it match the registration? I dunno but no biggie. Will I have to sign an affidavit? Who knows but its no biggie. How do I get an affidavit? Who knows but one thing I know, its no biggie.

--Affidavit Begins---

You said above and I quote, "he couldnt vote." In my personal opinion you were incorrect in that statement because the evidence I've seen is that he did vote.

I swear my statements above to be accurate.

--Affidavit Ends---

See, an Affidavit is just a statement that you sign.

For the sort of affidavit we are talking about there would be pre-printed forms with blanks for people to enter their name, date, and sign the form. It really is no biggie. Further, you should by law be able to do all of the above on the day of voting at the place where you vote: Register to vote by filling out a form and signing it (with some form of proof of identification). Thus, the only burden placed on the voter is showing at some point in their life, proof of identification, at least once. The id card idea is so that you make a record of your proof so you don't have go carry around with you, your original proof of identification. Make sense?

What should not happen is someone voting who has never provided proper proof of identification as required by the state in which he is voting.

Last edited:

--Affidavit Begins---

You said above and I quote, "he couldnt vote." In my personal opinion you were incorrect in that statement because the evidence I've seen is that he did vote.

I didnt say he couldnt vote and you know that. Thats why you didnt include the quote.

--Affidavit Ends---

For the sort of affidavit we are talking about there would be pre-printed forms with blanks for people to enter their name, date, and sign the form. It really is no biggie. Further, you should by law be able to do all of the above on the day of voting at the place where you vote: Register to vote by filling out a form and signing it (with some form of proof of identification). Thus, the only burden placed on the voter is showing at some point in their life, proof of identification, at least once. The id card idea is so that you make a record of your proof so you don't have go carry around with you, your original proof of identification. Make sense?

What should not happen is someone voting who has never provided proper proof of identification as required by the state in which he is voting.

All hypothetical. Because getting an affidavit is not that easy. And thats why you think its not a big deal. Because you dont know the process.

--Affidavit Begins---

I didnt say he couldnt vote and you know that. Thats why you didnt include the quote.

--Affidavit Ends---

All hypothetical. Because getting an affidavit is not that easy. And thats why you think its not a big deal. Because you dont know the process.

Your just a lying little bitch aren't you?

When someone hits the quote button the software does not include every prior statement you clicked the button on. Not when it gets past to many sub quotes. One layer gets tossed when it goes over the site limit.

Further, I did quote you. When someone says you said "". The Stuff between the quotes is a citation, a quote of what you said. I quoted you WORD FOR WORD.

No you are wrong, it's not hypothetical, making an affidavit is that easy. Affidavits are made by the hundreds at poling places and registration sites every single day they are open. You assume I don't know the process. You are wrong. As far as I know, in this conversation, you are the only one that does not know the process of making an affidavit.

I know I know...you keep skipping the part where you prove it tho

No, you're just ignoring the actual requirements, that I have posted on three occasions, because they don't match the fiction that you posted about Wright being denied the vote.

Requirements? I asked you to prove your assertion that he was not disenfranchised. You in response posted requirements. Not proof of him actually voting which would be the proof that he was not disenfranchised.

But you know that already. So now in response you can post the Pledge of Allegiance and claim thats proof of something also...nut ball

I know I know...you keep skipping the part where you prove it tho

No, you're just ignoring the actual requirements, that I have posted on three occasions, because they don't match the fiction that you posted about Wright being denied the vote.

Requirements? I asked you to prove your assertion that he was not disenfranchised. You in response posted requirements. Not proof of him actually voting which would be the proof that he was not disenfranchised.

But you know that already. So now in response you can post the Pledge of Allegiance and claim thats proof of something also...nut ball

So basically you are saying there can be no laws, and particularly no enforcement of laws regarding who can vote or how many times they can vote, because that would be "disenfranchisement." You libtards and your stupid catch phrases, they are so Funny!

--Affidavit Begins---

--Affidavit Ends---

Your just a lying little bitch aren't you?

When someone hits the quote button the software does not include every prior statement you clicked the button on. Not when it gets past to many sub quotes. One layer gets tossed when it goes over the site limit.

Further, I did quote you. When someone says you said "". The Stuff between the quotes is a citation, a quote of what you said. I quoted you WORD FOR WORD.

No you are wrong, it's not hypothetical, making an affidavit is that easy. Affidavits are made by the hundreds at poling places and registration sites every single day they are open. You assume I don't know the process. You are wrong. As far as I know, in this conversation, you are the only one that does not know the process of making an affidavit.

So you mean when you said "Closed Caption is the muthafucking man" that is a direct quote from you?

This bitch here is blaming the software for not quoting me saying something. :rofl: Dude you need better excuses than "the software wont let me"

Yes.

However, my wife and I drove through "the Hood" last night around 9pm, coming back from Vicksburg, and I believe we encountered some of them driving vehicles. Again, you have to be functionally literate to pass the driver's license test.

Do you have to be literate to get an ID card??

So basically you are saying there can be no laws, and particularly no enforcement of laws regarding who can vote or how many times they can vote, because that would be "disenfranchisement." You libtards and your stupid catch phrases, they are so Funny!

If thats what you think it means then go with that.

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

Mississippi voter ID distribution off to slow start (updated) | gulflive.com

As Gomer would say, "surprise surprise surprise."

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

It is the first step

Once voter ID is in place, the next step will be making it more difficult to get an ID. Throw up enough roadblocks and people will get frustrated and stop trying

They've already closed down ones in heavily populated areas making it more difficult to get one. So you're right. First they'll require an ID, then they'll choke off the places that you can get the ID. Then they'll charge a "small" fee..

The whole time neglecting to say...Like 4 pages right here. Why the ID is needed in the first place.

Name few that closed.

Forum List

Back