GOP voter disenfranchisement in Mississippi

It's interesting that you don't contest any of the figures, just deny them. Most of these folks are either rural (as in Mississippi) or live in large urban areas with public transport. Getting a driver's license in many places is a real hassle (like where I reside now in Florida) requiring a certified birth certificate (not a copy) to prove citizenship. Lots of folks also live over 100 miles from the nearest place you can get a drivers license and by definition need transportation to get there.

Now I know that to Republicans, these are all invisible people. You don't know they exist. Sort of like minimum wage workers or undocumented workers. Your disbelief only proves how detached from reality you have made yourself.

You folks living in the country don't have access to police, mail, internet, drivers licenses, no city halls, no courts, nothing. ROFL yeah right. Anyone living 100miles out how the hell are they gonna come 100miles to vote, but they can't come 100miles to get an identification card? I call BS. If you can vote you can get proof of identification.

ID's...he talking about getting...ID's.

Notice that he deflected then ended with his real intent. To cause harm and not care if, how or when you can jump thru the hoops. Even when you tell him its hard his response is "SO"

Clearly this is a American loving patriot here folks

I live in the country and I don't know a single person over 15 that does not have a photo ID.

Oh the horror of having to get a real certified copy of you birth certificate to prove your citizenship. Can I get you folks a tissue or something.

No. This is like someone saying you have to have proof of identification to get a credit card or loan, buy booze or prescription drugs, drive on public roads, vote, and other equally important activities that all require proof of identification.

Yes you need ID for a lot of things. What about it?

You don't hear people bitching about needing an ID to buy booze. So why arte they bitching when it comes to having an ID to vote?

So what?

No. This is like someone saying you have to have proof of identification to get a credit card or loan, buy booze or prescription drugs, drive on public roads, vote, and other equally important activities that all require proof of identification.

Yes you need ID for a lot of things. What about it?

You don't hear people bitching about needing an ID to buy booze. So why arte they bitching when it comes to having an ID to vote?

Because they can. Inventing reasons to be outraged is how they roll

You folks living in the country don't have access to police, mail, internet, drivers licenses, no city halls, no courts, nothing. ROFL yeah right. Anyone living 100miles out how the hell are they gonna come 100miles to vote, but they can't come 100miles to get an identification card? I call BS. If you can vote you can get proof of identification.

Notice that he deflected then ended with his real intent. To cause harm and not care if, how or when you can jump thru the hoops. Even when you tell him its hard his response is "SO"

I live in the country and I don't know a single person over 15 that does not have a photo ID.

Oh the horror of having to get a real certified copy of you birth certificate to prove your citizenship. Can I get you folks a tissue or something.

You know everyone over 15 and their ID status? Look at Mr Popular over here

Yes.

However, my wife and I drove through "the Hood" last night around 9pm, coming back from Vicksburg, and I believe we encountered some of them driving vehicles. Again, you have to be functionally literate to pass the driver's license test.

again what does operating a vehicle have to do with voting?

Nothing. It has to do with being able to identify yourself. Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968) establishes that you must have the ability to identify yourself to the police and they have the right to detain you until your identity is established. The law does not depend on the existence of a law that specifically authorizes such a detention, so that authority exists in all jurisdictions in the United States. So, if you go to vote and aren't able to establish your identity, you should be detained.

It's interesting that you don't contest any of the figures, just deny them. Most of these folks are either rural (as in Mississippi) or live in large urban areas with public transport. Getting a driver's license in many places is a real hassle (like where I reside now in Florida) requiring a certified birth certificate (not a copy) to prove citizenship. Lots of folks also live over 100 miles from the nearest place you can get a drivers license and by definition need transportation to get there.

Now I know that to Republicans, these are all invisible people. You don't know they exist. Sort of like minimum wage workers or undocumented workers. Your disbelief only proves how detached from reality you have made yourself.

I want to ask you some hypothetical questions.

As you are walking out of the polling location after having voted you notice your former next door neighbor entering the polling location to vote. This person sold his house and moved across the county over a year ago. You wait in your car to see him walk out wearing a "I Voted" sticker.

What do you do?
Do you consider this fraud?

The local HS hands out photo ids to every single student, attendance is mandatory, and they have to provide proof of citizenship, such as a certified copy of their BC. Are you mentally handicapped or just retarded?

Last edited:

Same old lies from the leftist hate sites.

Driving has little to do with ID.

What requires ID?

Buying food with your EBT food stamps.

Using the SNAP cash grant on your EBT card.

Filling a prescription using medicare benefits.

Buying allergy medicine.

Cashing a Social Security Check.

Why do you democrats lie about this?

Because you support election fraud.

And we all know it.

Same old lies from the leftist hate sites.

Driving has little to do with ID.

What requires ID?

Buying food with your EBT food stamps.

Using the SNAP cash grant on your EBT card.

Filling a prescription using medicare benefits.

Buying allergy medicine.

Cashing a Social Security Check.

Why do you democrats lie about this?

Because you support election fraud.

And we all know it.

You can bet that if a state legalizes marijuana but requires photo/signature ID to buy it, these libtards would go to the ends of the earth to get an ID.

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

Mississippi voter ID distribution off to slow start (updated) | gulflive.com

As Gomer would say, "surprise surprise surprise."

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

Yep, if their too stupid to get an ID I damned sure don't want them voting, don't care which party they claim.

That's THEY'RE, but I totally agree with you!

The local HS hands out photo ids to every single student, attendance is mandatory, and they have to provide proof of citizenship, such as a certified copy of their BC. Are you mentally handicapped or just retarded?

And those are not accepted at the voting booth. *buzzer* try again

As you are walking out of the polling location after having voted you notice your former next door neighbor entering the polling location to vote. This person sold his house and moved across the county over a year ago. You wait in your car to see him walk out wearing a "I Voted" sticker.

What do you do?

No, I consider it a hypothetical question and a situation that you cannot prove happens...ever...in 2 lifetimes.

What do you do?

Hell yes this is fraud! Anonymously report him!

And those are not accepted at the voting booth. *buzzer* try again

I don't know every state's laws, but the ones I've looked at accept things like a utility bill - so I'm not buying your claims,

You lied about Texas a few posts back, so why would anyone believe you now?

----------------

Here is a list of the acceptable forms of photo ID:

Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
United States passport

With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 60 days before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.

VoteTexas.gov » Need ID?

So anyone who can get welfare, can vote.

BUT illegals are blocked from proxy voting using the registrations of dead people - which is what has you democrats upset.

You DEMAND election fraud.

You can bet that if a state legalizes marijuana but requires photo/signature ID to buy it, these libtards would go to the ends of the earth to get an ID.

Great point, in California, medical marijuana DOES require photo ID.

And people who want to purchase it will have to abide by the law required to get it. That applies to voting how again? Or do you want to go ahead and keep listing all the things you need an ID for without making a point about voting?

And people who want to purchase it will have to abide by the law required to get it. That applies to voting how again? Or do you want to go ahead and keep listing all the things you need an ID for without making a point about voting?

Choosing the leaders of the nation is the ONLY that doesn't require ID.

We know why, because democrats DEMAND election fraud.

Forum List

Back