GOP voter disenfranchisement in Mississippi

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

Mississippi voter ID distribution off to slow start (updated) | gulflive.com

As Gomer would say, "surprise surprise surprise."

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

Are you suggesting that people who don't currently have an ID are too stupid to obtain one?

Can anyone provide one example of someone not being able to obtain an ID in order to vote?

You're right, it doesnt. Happy?

Yep. It proves that you're uninformed and don't know what the hell you're talking about. But most of us knew that anyway.

Voting is a privilege granted to us by our individual States. There is no affirmative right to vote in the US Constitution. Only limits on who the State can exclude.

libturds are stupid

That's not entirely true. The constitution provides "members" of the House shall be chosen by the people every two years.

A lot of Amazement in here. Fewer answers tho

Answers to what? Why ID is required for proof of identification?

What purpose will an ID serve for voting? Feel free to be amazed once again

gonna keep out the stupid and lazy. I'm not a native of Mississippi, but you know there's a stain in whom we once generally assumed were the stupid and lazy.

We, republicans, have decided we will never be able to convince the lazy and stupid that we can help them get over being lazy and stupid.

proof: something which shows that something else is true or correct; an act or process of showing that something is true.

identification: the act of finding out who someone is or what something is : the act of identifying someone or something.

This is not that hard ClosedCaption. Not sure why you keep asking what purpose proof of identification provides. The phrase is self defining.

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

Are you suggesting that people who don't currently have an ID are too stupid to obtain one?

Can anyone provide one example of someone not being able to obtain an ID in order to vote?

I'll do you one better. People who have an ID already.

Nearly 200,000 Dallas County voters have been told of possible problems with their identification, as county elections officials work to resolve complications arising from Texas’ new voter ID law before the March primary.
The county elections department mailed out letters on Friday to alert voters to potential conflicts resulting from one part of the contentious law: the requirement that a voter’s name on a valid photo ID must exactly match the name listed in the voter registration database.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...ned-of-possible-problems-under-new-id-law.ece

They already have ID's

Moving on..

Judge McGinley found that the law violated the state constitution because hundreds of thousands of registered voters lacked the restrictive forms of ID required by the state, few had obtained the requisite ID since the law’s passage in March 2012, the state had not made it easy to get an ID and there was no evidence of in-person voter fraud to justify the burdens of the law.

“Hundreds of thousands of electors in Pennsylvania lack compliant ID,” McGinley wrote. “Enforcement of the Voter ID Law as to these electors has the effect of disenfranchising them through no fault of their own. Inescapably, the Voter ID law infringes upon qualified electors’ right to vote.”

Noted McGinley: “In contrast to the hundreds of thousands who lack compliant photo ID, only 17,000 photo IDs for voting purposes have been issued.” Since the 2012 election, fewer than 150 new voting IDs had been issued by the state per month.

Check out this picture and the caption

pennsylvania_dmv_img.jpg

At a DMV location in downtown Philadelphia in September 2012, some 100 people waited in lines that endured for over an hour. (Courtesy of Ari Berman)

Pennsylvania Ruling Shows the Problem With Voter ID Laws | The Nation

In 2 minutes I've shown you thousands of examples. Despite new evidence that you previously didnt have your thoughts will remain the same. I'll bet my paycheck on it

proof: something which shows that something else is true or correct; an act or process of showing that something is true.

identification: the act of finding out who someone is or what something is : the act of identifying someone or something.

This is not that hard ClosedCaption. Not sure why you keep asking what purpose proof of identification provides. The phrase is self defining.

Its called desperation,and confusion.

Answers to what? Why ID is required for proof of identification?

What purpose will an ID serve for voting? Feel free to be amazed once again

I'm thinking you are not understanding what the phrase "proof of identification" means. What does "proof of identification" mean to you?

You asked "answers to what?"

I said "What purpose will an ID serve for voting?"

You respond with More questions.

Do you see the problem? You have no answers but a shit ton of questions

Its called desperation,and confusion.

Your desperate and confused, or he is?

Proof of identification is not that hard to understand. We use IDs to provide proof of identification. Do some folks live in a cave somewhere that does not have ID cards? The year is 2014ad, not bc.

Last edited:

You are saying this like there is a problem with voting fraud. Can you show me where this problem exists and how ID would stop it?

When you cant could you be sure to at least include a funny gif in your response to increase the comedic value?

Thx

I'll start you with this one. Link

Why? That doesnt show who voted that day this is a link to absentee voters

It's also a link to who voted early. Between early voting and absentee it is common for over half of the votes to be in before election day.

From the link I provided I can tell who has voted either absentee or early and who has an absentee ballot but hasn't returned it.

Now on election day if a county has electronic poll books I can login to get a report of who has voted and who hasn't voted.

I already have the past voting history of the registered voters.

Do I have to spell it all out for you?

It is the first step

Once voter ID is in place, the next step will be making it more difficult to get an ID. Throw up enough roadblocks and people will get frustrated and stop trying

Sounds exactly like gun control laws to me....goose, meet gander.

Forum List

Back