GOP voter disenfranchisement in Mississippi

I doubt 360k adults in any state have no ID. We need ID to do just about anything in daily life. Where are these people who have no ID?

See?

There is no way you have 12.4% of the legal population who has no access to IDs. It simply is not possible. Show me the people who have no ID and can't get any ID.

What they are really complaining about is the dead voters that have been winning elections for them can't rise from the grave and get new IDs.

I doubt 360k adults in any state have no ID. We need ID to do just about anything in daily life. Where are these people who have no ID?

See?

You can't get a free Obama phone or an EBT card without proof of who you are. Hell, I bought pipe tobacco at a shop this weekend and used my debit card to pay. They required me to show my ID.

You can't get a document notarized without ID, or enter a federal building, or buy sinus medication, or rent a car, or rent a hotel room, or pawn something, or take out a loan, or buy cigs and beer without ID.

Where are these mythological people that go through life with no ID?

Everyone doesnt own a hula hoop. It doesnt matter whether or not you understand why they dont. Your understanding doesnt change that. Everyone doesnt own a hula hoop

You can't get a free Obama phone or an EBT card without proof of who you are. Hell, I bought pipe tobacco at a shop this weekend and used my debit card to pay. They required me to show my ID.

You can't get a document notarized without ID, or enter a federal building, or buy sinus medication, or rent a car, or rent a hotel room, or pawn something, or take out a loan, or buy cigs and beer without ID.

I'm wondering too.

Yes.

However, my wife and I drove through "the Hood" last night around 9pm, coming back from Vicksburg, and I believe we encountered some of them driving vehicles. Again, you have to be functionally literate to pass the driver's license test.

again what does operating a vehicle have to do with voting?

Why must you register to vote? Are you supposed to be able to vote without being registered? Once registered, the folks checking the voter roll don't know you from Adam. They don't know if you are registered or not or if you are the registered voter you claim to be. It's really pretty simple. Kind of like having to show your ticket to get into the movie. Why should the theatre take your word for it?

See?

There is no way you have 12.4% of the legal population who has no access to IDs. It simply is not possible. Show me the people who have no ID and can't get any ID.

I didnt say "no access" I said they dont have it. Whether or not you "get it" doesnt change facts. For reference Think about Math Class. 2+2=4 no matter if you understand or not

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

Mississippi voter ID distribution off to slow start (updated) | gulflive.com

As Gomer would say, "surprise surprise surprise."

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

Do you believe that you should walk up to a poll and vote without showing anything?

Of course he does. It's half of the equation of keeping the Dems im power. Anyone can vote as many times as they want as often as they want. The other side is free shit from the people that ensure their illegal votes.

I didnt say "no access" I said they dont have it. Whether or not you "get it" doesnt change facts. For reference Think about Math Class. 2+2=4 no matter if you understand or not

If they have access but didn't bother to get said ID, then that isn't quite the narrative you want to spin, is it? Lazy is hardly the same as disenfranchised.

I didn't realize there were so many people living in monastaries. :dunno:

Yes.

However, my wife and I drove through "the Hood" last night around 9pm, coming back from Vicksburg, and I believe we encountered some of them driving vehicles. Again, you have to be functionally literate to pass the driver's license test.

again what does operating a vehicle have to do with voting?

Why must you register to vote? Are you supposed to be able to vote without being registered? Once registered, the folks checking the voter roll don't know you from Adam. They don't know if you are registered or not or if you are the registered voter you claim to be. It's really pretty simple. Kind of like having to show your ticket to get into the movie. Why should the theatre take your word for it?

Your registration is your ticket. The only way someone can vote when they arent supposed to is to know the name or names of the registered voter and the polling location.

Maybe its a huge network of people who go from poll to poll with a list of voters registered in that area. And Maybe those same people already know that those "registered voters" havent voted yet. And Maybe they will risk jail time over and over to do so.

And maybe they will do it on the backs of a glorious unicorn...or maybe. Thats too many maybes to be a "thing".

If they have access but didn't bother to get said ID, then that isn't quite the narrative you want to spin, is it? Lazy is hardly the same as disenfranchised.

Didnt get the Hula Hoop? Tough. Cant vote without one. But never stating why the Hula Hoop is needed in the first place. Authoritarians dont question they just do

Forum List

Back