GOP voter disenfranchisement in Mississippi

again what does operating a vehicle have to do with voting?

Why must you register to vote? Are you supposed to be able to vote without being registered? Once registered, the folks checking the voter roll don't know you from Adam. They don't know if you are registered or not or if you are the registered voter you claim to be. It's really pretty simple. Kind of like having to show your ticket to get into the movie. Why should the theatre take your word for it?

Your registration is your ticket. The only way someone can vote when they arent supposed to is to know the name or names of the registered voter and the polling location.

Maybe its a huge network of people who go from poll to poll with a list of voters registered in that area. And Maybe those same people already know that those "registered voters" havent voted yet. And Maybe they will risk jail time over and over to do so.

And maybe they will do it on the backs of a glorious unicorn...or maybe. Thats too many maybes to be a "thing".

As usual, you're wrong. The registration means you have the ability to go to the polls and vote. Showing your ID to prove you are the actual person registered is the ticket. Are you really this stoopid or just pretending for some odd reason?

There is no way you have 12.4% of the legal population who has no access to IDs. It simply is not possible. Show me the people who have no ID and can't get any ID.

I didnt say "no access" I said they dont have it. Whether or not you "get it" doesnt change facts. For reference Think about Math Class. 2+2=4 no matter if you understand or not

How do they not have it?

Circumstances. Why should they need it?

Thats the question. And KNOWING they dont have it why make it a requirement?

I didnt say "no access" I said they dont have it. Whether or not you "get it" doesnt change facts. For reference Think about Math Class. 2+2=4 no matter if you understand or not

If they have access but didn't bother to get said ID, then that isn't quite the narrative you want to spin, is it? Lazy is hardly the same as disenfranchised.

Didnt get the Hula Hoop? Tough. Cant vote without one. But never stating why the Hula Hoop is needed in the first place. Authoritarians dont question they just do

You need ID to vote to prove who you say you are. It's not rocket science.
Didn't bother to get ID? Then don't vote.

Cant vote without one. But never stating why the Hula Hoop is needed in the first place.

LOL hopeless truly

Why must you register to vote? Are you supposed to be able to vote without being registered? Once registered, the folks checking the voter roll don't know you from Adam. They don't know if you are registered or not or if you are the registered voter you claim to be. It's really pretty simple. Kind of like having to show your ticket to get into the movie. Why should the theatre take your word for it?

Your registration is your ticket. The only way someone can vote when they arent supposed to is to know the name or names of the registered voter and the polling location.

Maybe its a huge network of people who go from poll to poll with a list of voters registered in that area. And Maybe those same people already know that those "registered voters" havent voted yet. And Maybe they will risk jail time over and over to do so.

And maybe they will do it on the backs of a glorious unicorn...or maybe. Thats too many maybes to be a "thing".

As usual, you're wrong. The registration means you have the ability to go to the polls and vote. Showing your ID to prove you are the actual person registered is the ticket. Are you really this stoopid or just pretending for some odd reason?

Why do they need proof? Is this a problem? Or just because you want it?

I just showed how someone couldnt vote in someone elses name.

How do they not have it?

I think I've solved it. You mentioned registration should be enough. Others say an Id. Just issue the registration card with a pic of that person and we're good to go.

Everyone doesnt own a hula hoop. It doesnt matter whether or not you understand why they dont. Your understanding doesnt change that. Everyone doesnt own a hula hoop

Then guess what.......they don't get to hula hoop with the folks who do. See how that works?

Bill of Rights

Liberals! Gotta love them. Always good for a laugh. They like to throw around buzz words like Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution like they've actually read them and understand them. Tell is Professor CC, where exactly in the Bill of Rights does it guarantee anyone a right to vote....especially without a hula hoop? Go on, we'll wait while you prepare to address this.

Bill of Rights Transcript Text

How do they not have it?

I think I've solved it. You mentioned registration should be enough. Others say an Id. Just issue the registration card with a pic of that person and we're good to go.

But that would mean that everyone can vote and you see thats not the goal of republicans. They want govt to require something just because govt can.

How do they not have it?

No, no, no. Having to take an hour out of your day and pay 5 bucks to cover the costs is exactly the same thing as a poll tax! :cuckoo:

Then guess what.......they don't get to hula hoop with the folks who do. See how that works?

Bill of Rights

Liberals! Gotta love them. Always good for a laugh. They like to throw around buzz words like Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution like they've actually read them and understand them. Tell is Professor CC, where exactly in the Bill of Rights does it guarantee anyone a right to vote....especially without a hula hoop? Go on, we'll wait while you prepare to address this.

Bill of Rights Transcript Text

You're right, it doesnt. Happy?

But that would mean that everyone can vote and you see thats not the goal of republicans. They want govt to require something just because govt can.
Obamacare???

No, no, no. Having to take an hour out of your day and pay 5 bucks to cover the costs is exactly the same thing as a poll tax! :cuckoo:

It could be issued for free. I don't mind my tax dollar going for something meaningful.

How do they not have it?

That would put a huge dent in democrat voter registration efforts. Works for me

Lets assume that assumption along with the dem solution of no proof. Why not combine the inefficiencies of both aspects ie pic on registration car, to thwart various forms of fraud?

Lets assume that assumption along with the dem solution of no proof. Why not combine the inefficiencies of both aspects ie pic on registration car, to thwart various forms of fraud?

Well for one. There isnt any inefficiencies. Just republicans saying things should be different and never explaining why they want everyone to have a Hula Hoop. Just saying over and over like Seinfield "Who doesnt have a Hula Hoop?"

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

Mississippi voter ID distribution off to slow start (updated) | gulflive.com

As Gomer would say, "surprise surprise surprise."

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

It is the first step

Once voter ID is in place, the next step will be making it more difficult to get an ID. Throw up enough roadblocks and people will get frustrated and stop trying

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

Mississippi voter ID distribution off to slow start (updated) | gulflive.com

As Gomer would say, "surprise surprise surprise."

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

It is the first step

Once voter ID is in place, the next step will be making it more difficult to get an ID. Throw up enough roadblocks and people will get frustrated and stop trying

Well, if it's good enough for gun owners...

Forum List

Back