Gop wants to reduce what private insurance covers and the dims want to end private insurance.

The decision to cover or not to cover should be at the discretion of the insurance companies

Minimum coverages are set to protect the consumer.

Yes, yes. We're all too fucking stupid to by the kind of insurance we really want. We need to buy the kind of insurance that K-street thinks we should have.

As if you're capable of deciding what health care you require in your life. Pffft!!!

This is a losing proposition for the Republicans. Going back to pre-ACA days means no protections for pre-exisiring conditions, higher deductibles and exclusion of millions from Heath care.

The Republicans lost the House in 2018 because Americans want reliable health care, not dictates from insurance companies more concerned with the bottom line than the health of their policy holders.

OMG, the scare tactics! "You have to do what we want, because the ONLY alternative is to die in the streets with no doctors AT ALL!!!!"
You'll have less talented physicians and less research under government rule.

True. The world wants life-saving breakthrough treatments for fill-in-the-blank illness? Ain't gonna happen if the US has government-run healthcare.

Under Obama Care you were not allowed to choose the types of coverage you wanted. Everyone Rich or Poor had no choice. Then the premiums and deductibles started skyrocketing. People with lower incomes were hurt the most because they could not afford to use it. If they had to go to the ER, they ended up with huge debts.
Obama used the peoples money to cover the costs that the Insurance Companies lost.
How stupid were the Liberal Dems for creating this crap without reading the legislation or ever understanding it.
Nancy said "We have to Pass it to find out what is in it". How sane is she.

The ACA had little effect om employee coverages. If you were actually employed, you would know that.

Millions of people without insurance IS a national issue. Premiums rising at a rate over 9% a year is a national issue.

Prior to trhe ACA, healthcare &health Insurance was financially & literally killing Americans.

For you to claim itr wasdn't is roof of your ignorance.

Pre-existing Conditions
Coverage ceilings
Canceling policies

Small employers got help. Over half of all business have fewer than 9. Self employed got major help.
As I've explained before, everyone had access to healthcare before ACA, but if they needed hospital care, they had to spend down their assets and not have much in the way of earnings to be eligible for Medicaid, but that could have been remedies by simply passing a law that raised the amount of earnings and assets slightly that applied to people who would not normally have been eligible for Medicaid if they needed hospital care. The rest of ACA was strictly political. ACA was a great success politically, but as healthcare reform, it failed to hold down costs or provide universal healthcare and the courts will probably find it was unconstitutional.

So how many states does this eligibility include? Certainly not all.
Everyone presently qualifies for Medicaid on a temporary basis if they are poor enough and sick enough, but presently you must spend down nearly all your assets and have very little income, forcing people into bankruptcy to qualify. The law could be changed to allow people to keep some assets and income while receiving Medicaid on a temporary basis so they are not financially ruined. Combined with the HHS clinics that charge sliding scale fees and provide comprehensive primary care and everyone in the US would have access to affordable healthcare. There was never any need for Obamacare. All that was needed was a few tweaks to existing systems.

Spending down assets? Are you talking about people over 65 or ones going into a long term care facility? I know for a fact not everyone qualifies for Medicaid it is different in each state.

No, while each state does administer Medicaid, they are all almost identical. To qualify for Medicaid you have to be pretty much broke, but if you are injured, you are not working, so then are pretty much broke. You can own a reasonable amount of homestead equity, but not a mansion, rental properties, or things like that.

I think you better check out each state.

The decision to cover or not to cover should be at the discretion of the insurance companies

Yes, I definitely need to be protected from the "horrors" of having a health care plan that doesn't cover prostate exams or birth control. What would I, a 50-year-old woman, do without those "essential" coverages in my life? And how could anyone POSSIBLY assume I'm intelligent enough to decide for myself what I do and don't need, simply because I'm an adult who looks after herself on everything else in my life?

prostate exams were covered before obamacare and again I guess I should say depending on what insurance company and state.

Bullshit which is the stuff Obamacare was made of. The vast majority of Americans got their health insurance from their employer and polls showed they were satisfied with it. Only very poor people who were not quite poor enough to qualify for Medicaid and some people with who had pre existing conditions ran into problems, but these could easily have been resolved, as I previously pointed out to you, without a monstrosity like Obamacare. Obamacare didn't arise from the needs of the people but from the need of the Democratic Party to have a national issue.
The ACA had little effect om employee coverages. If you were actually employed, you would know that.

Millions of people without insurance IS a national issue. Premiums rising at a rate over 9% a year is a national issue.

Prior to trhe ACA, healthcare &health Insurance was financially & literally killing Americans.

For you to claim itr wasdn't is roof of your ignorance.

Pre-existing Conditions
Coverage ceilings
Canceling policies

Small employers got help. Over half of all business have fewer than 9. Self employed got major help.
As I've explained before, everyone had access to healthcare before ACA, but if they needed hospital care, they had to spend down their assets and not have much in the way of earnings to be eligible for Medicaid, but that could have been remedies by simply passing a law that raised the amount of earnings and assets slightly that applied to people who would not normally have been eligible for Medicaid if they needed hospital care. The rest of ACA was strictly political. ACA was a great success politically, but as healthcare reform, it failed to hold down costs or provide universal healthcare and the courts will probably find it was unconstitutional.

So how many states does this eligibility include? Certainly not all.
Everyone presently qualifies for Medicaid on a temporary basis if they are poor enough and sick enough, but presently you must spend down nearly all your assets and have very little income, forcing people into bankruptcy to qualify. The law could be changed to allow people to keep some assets and income while receiving Medicaid on a temporary basis so they are not financially ruined. Combined with the HHS clinics that charge sliding scale fees and provide comprehensive primary care and everyone in the US would have access to affordable healthcare. There was never any need for Obamacare. All that was needed was a few tweaks to existing systems.

Spending down assets? Are you talking about people over 65 or ones going into a long term care facility? I know for a fact not everyone qualifies for Medicaid it is different in each state.
No, I've been talking about people under 65 who are sick but without insurance, who not presently have Medicaid and need hospital care. In order to qualify for Medicaid on a temporary basis, I believe your assets have o total no more than $2,000, and I'm suggesting that since they will only have Medicaid for the duration of their illness, they be allowed to keep more of their assets so they will not be financially ruined when they recover.

Yes, I definitely need to be protected from the "horrors" of having a health care plan that doesn't cover prostate exams or birth control. What would I, a 50-year-old woman, do without those "essential" coverages in my life? And how could anyone POSSIBLY assume I'm intelligent enough to decide for myself what I do and don't need, simply because I'm an adult who looks after herself on everything else in my life?

prostate exams were covered before obamacare and again I guess I should say depending on what insurance company and state.

Yes, dear, but the point is that I'm a woman, and I don't HAVE a prostate. Likewise, I'm 50 and have gone through menopause, so I don't require coverage for birth control. So any "minimum coverage" that requires one-size-fits-all policies that include a whole bunch of stuff I will never need is not very "minimum", is it?

REAL protection would involve letting me decide for myself what coverage I do and don't need to pay for.

Under Obama Care you were not allowed to choose the types of coverage you wanted. Everyone Rich or Poor had no choice. Then the premiums and deductibles started skyrocketing. People with lower incomes were hurt the most because they could not afford to use it. If they had to go to the ER, they ended up with huge debts.
Obama used the peoples money to cover the costs that the Insurance Companies lost.
How stupid were the Liberal Dems for creating this crap without reading the legislation or ever understanding it.
Nancy said "We have to Pass it to find out what is in it". How sane is she.

Those are ridiculous claims.
There were always at least 3 different types of coverage you could get even through the public pool, gold, silver, and bronze. And that was not including the fact you did not have to use the public pool at all, and could buy any sort of insurance you could imagine.

And you are totally wrong about premiums and deductibles costs.
It was BEFORE ACA that premiums and deductibles were skyrocketing over 5 % a year, and after ACA when they dropped almost in half, and stabilized to being lower than they were before ACA.

Here is the actual health care costs, and you can easily see ACA brought it down.
CPI-Health-Care-Inflation-2005-2015.jpg

And again you are wrong when you claim that poor could not use it, because it was means tested, and the poor could get it even for free if necessary.

Nor was there ever any difficulty in reading ACA ahead of time. Sure it was about 80 pages, but mostly white space, and could easily be read in a few hours. I read it all several times.

Last edited:
OMG, the scare tactics! "You have to do what we want, because the ONLY alternative is to die in the streets with no doctors AT ALL!!!!"
Without the all-knowing, omnibenevolent, guidance of democratic government, we'd all simply wallow in our own feces. Didn't you get the memo?

This is a losing proposition for the Republicans. Going back to pre-ACA days means no protections for pre-exisiring conditions, higher deductibles and exclusion of millions from Heath care.

The Republicans lost the House in 2018 because Americans want reliable health care, not dictates from insurance companies more concerned with the bottom line than the health of their policy holders.

File your response under “Death Panels”.

Callous conservatism on display ^^^.

Q. When did so many American citizens become so greedy, and have no concern for their fellow citizens

Q. When did so many American citizens become so greedy, and have no concern for their fellow citizens

Simpleminded Straw Man on display ^^^

Q. When did so many American citizens become so intellectually void and have no critical thinking skills whatsoever?

The government has no business dictating to a private company what they can and cannot cover.

How is a female that is over 50, callous? Why should a person be forced to pay to cover health issues she will never have? That makes no sense? Can you actually answer the question?

Q. When did so many American citizens become so intellectually void and have no critical thinking skills whatsoever?

A. When they attended a Trump Rally and got caught up in the chant, "lock her up".

How is a female that is over 50, callous? Why should a person be forced to pay to cover health issues she will never have? That makes no sense? Can you actually answer the question?

Sure, insurance companies do not exist to pay claims, thus, most of us pay for surgeries and treatments we may never need.

Sure, insurance companies do not exist to pay claims, thus, most of us pay for surgeries and treatments we may never need.
Prior to Obamacare, females over 50 and men didn't pay for maternity coverage. The vast majority of them didn't pay for coverage for sex change operations either.

A. When they attended a Trump Rally and got caught up in the chant, "lock her up".
Listen to the idiot who's been drooling on himself about "Russian collusion" for two years.

A GP/MD deserves no more money than an architect and a heart/vascular surgeon deserves no more than a master cabinet/furniture design/ builder.
Both require equal time/education/experience and, generally speaking, one can not do the others type of work. Therin lies your problem....
OOOPS. SHALOM ! :alirulz:

ROFL! You're serious? Do you actually believe that a cabinet maker could do what a heart surgeon does? Being a cabinet maker requires a high school education, moron.

Forum List

Back