Gop wants to reduce what private insurance covers and the dims want to end private insurance.

People shop for the best, not better pricing when it comes to healthcare.

If they're paying for it themselves, they consider both.
Not when they are staring at death.

Actually, even then. I know people in that circumstance right now. And it's part of their calculus even though they're insured. If they weren't it'd be even more significant in their decision.
Then do share details.

I'm not interested in other countries. I don't live there. I do live here, and I've seen the kind of insanity our political process is capable of. I don't want that insanity in charge of health care.
So you don’t. Didn’t think so.
You don't seem to have thought through this much at all. "Dr. Trump will see you now ...."
You seem to have no backing for your claim...
Which claim? My claim the political divide in the US is corrosive and destructive? That health care would be used as a carrot/stick by aspiring politicians? Do you really deny these things?
You don’t have an example of it happening with healthcare. Last I checked Dems and repubs have same healthcare needs.

Luckily, I can just copy and paste this. Guess you didn't see my previous post:

Let's start with the glaringly obvious: women's reproductive health care. Do you think Republicans would try to limit insurance coverage for abortion or birth control? You know they would. What about mental health? Most of them think it's fake news. Services for homosexuals? AIDS research? I could go on and on, but you either get it already, or are so deep in denial you'll never face reality.

Making health care a government responsibility will make it a political football, that will be whipped out every single elections to scare and coerce voters. Let's not.

The Republican Party is going to be known as the party of taking health care away from millions of Americans. This administration is going completely against the will of the people, going against the will of Congress, and trying to pull the rug out from under millions and millions of American families

Do you libtards not understand that there is a difference in health CARE and health INSURANCE?

You want a leftist to understand the difference between having something and having someone else pay for them to have it?

Be serious.
Yes because you Trumpettes are all employed with great jobs & always can afford health insurance & if not, just whip out your wallets & pay cash.

I have news, there are just as many, if not more, right wing people who are on Medicaid or get help affording their healthcare.

Quit being such a fucking asshole & pretend it is just liberals.

Nice attempt at a red herring.

Fact remains that just because other people are not paying for your health insurance via taxes does NOT mean that you have no access to health care. It just means that you're too cheap and lazy to find a way to get it for yourself.

What private insurance covers is up to private insurance companies. That said, it is true that prices of drugs and care tend to go down when they are not covered by private or government insurance because providers know that people are paying for them directly. Look what happens when drugs are reclassified from prescription to over-the-counter: the price invariably drops because drug makers know that people are paying for them directly.

You see, you guys seem unable to wrap your minds around the principle that when you stop subsidizing something and allow market forces to work, you get much lower prices.

Actually, even then. I know people in that circumstance right now. And it's part of their calculus even though they're insured. If they weren't it'd be even more significant in their decision.
Then do share details.
Heh.. I'm not going to share the personal details of my friends and relatives lives with a troll on the internet.

So you don’t. Didn’t think so.
You don't seem to have thought through this much at all. "Dr. Trump will see you now ...."
You seem to have no backing for your claim...
Which claim? My claim the political divide in the US is corrosive and destructive? That health care would be used as a carrot/stick by aspiring politicians? Do you really deny these things?
You don’t have an example of it happening with healthcare. Last I checked Dems and repubs have same healthcare needs.

Luckily, I can just copy and paste this. Guess you didn't see my previous post:

Let's start with the glaringly obvious: women's reproductive health care. Do you think Republicans would try to limit insurance coverage for abortion or birth control? You know they would. What about mental health? Most of them think it's fake news. Services for homosexuals? AIDS research? I could go on and on, but you either get it already, or are so deep in denial you'll never face reality.

Making health care a government responsibility will make it a political football, that will be whipped out every single elections to scare and coerce voters. Let's not.
You don’t think republican women get abortions and use birth control? That’s funny.

Then do share details.
Heh.. I'm not going to share the personal details of my friends and relatives lives with a troll on the internet.
Yeah believable claim you are making.

No, what should happen is you should be reimbursed by the insurance company after you find the procedure and pay for it.....if you want lower cost, you cant have the patient dislodged from the cost......it's why consumer electronics are so cheap.......because people cant buy what they cant afford.
So I pay for my $400k heart issue &then hope the insurance company pays me? How does that help if the providers know you will get reimbursed?
Well easy, you shop for it, if the doctor says 400k, you say Ill keep looking and maybe find one for 320k.....Do you not know how to shop for a deal? Is this new? Right now, that doesn't happen.....
So, you are lying on the floor getting CPR & you are calling for quotes? Really?>
See this is a bullshit post.....
If you need CPR you are going to the emergency room......just like......drum roll...........we do now......your example is bullshit
Most people see doctors, like cardiologists and they can call them and get quotes......it's amazing how that works.

Most people choose dotors by reputation. I know of no one calling for quotes. You are lying as usual.

Show of hands, everyone who assumes that because "Assfuck Dave" doesn't personally know someone doing something, it never happens. Anyone?

Of course people don't often ask for prices for regular medical care. BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE BILL. Duuuuhhh. They DO, however, ask about prices for things they DO have to pay for themselves. Take a look at cosmetic surgery, for example. Unless it's reconstructive due to a trauma, it's not covered by most insurances. And you'd best believe people do NOT sign up for it without finding out how much it's gonna cost first.

Indeed! Everyone should try to do this. Because they'd find it's totally possible, despite the fear mongering of the insurance salesmen.
Go to the hospital & you better have the finances to cover that operation.
You don't need insurance though. You're blowing smoke.
So medical facilities don't care if they get paid?
So... .blah blah strawman horseshit....

I said you can get health care without insurance. I didn't say you could get health care for free.
So, if you hsave no assets & a minimum wage job with no benefits, the doc will just schedule you for that heart procedure?

Or the Pharmascy will just give you that $300 prescription.

So you're telling us that poor people NEVER find ways to get expensive treatments and meds, and they're just dropping like flies out there in the streets.

Yeah, or maybe not.

Unlikely politicians would play games with it. They stay away from anything politically bad.
LOL - have you been living under a rock?
What politically bad moves have they been making? Sure haven’t seen any spending cuts.

Dealing with private insurance companies who don't want to cover things because they don't want to pay for it is bad enough. Can you imagine having to deal with the government not wanting to cover things because the party currently in power wants to make a political point?

Or being unable to go to the doctor for 45 days every two years because the government is shut down for a political stunt?

Medicare is farmed out to insurance companies.

Not so much. You have "original Medicare which is Part A and Part B. In most plans the Gov is primary
They pay first, then the Private companies pay. The advantage plans replace OM in that they, not the Gov pay, those plans are called Part C

That's what I thought when I first looked into it. Turns out it's not true.

I'm not talking about the "advantage" plans, which are supplemental. The core of Medicare (Part A and Part B) is farmed out to private insurance companies. They make the decisions on whether or not to pay claims, and profit from those decisions.

33. Medicare is a Private–Public Partnership || Center for Medicare Advocacy

Most people think Medicare is a government program. That’s only partly true. While Congress created Medicare, and continues to develop Medicare coverage and appeal rules, decisions to pay claims are actually made by private companies. The government does not make those decisions. This was one of the compromises made in order to pass Medicare in 1965 – and the public-private partnership continues to date.

Indeed, the entities granting or denying coverage, and those deciding whether or not to pay claims, are mostly private insurance companies. For example, Anthem is the parent company of “National Government Services,” one of the major Medicare claims administrators. Another Medicare administrative contractor, “MAXIMUS,” is a for-profit company that helps state, federal and foreign governments administer programs.

No it isn't (as I sit here in my role) as health care consultant. The Gov makes the decision on whether to pay or not. ALL claims are filed with Medicare FIRST after they pay the private companies then pay their share. Your source is quite flawed

The big things are all that really matters. Nobody goes broke from a cold . Sounds like you’d not really change anything.

The problem is that, currently, insurance covers colds (and any number of other common illnesses that should part of a normal person's budget). So no one price shops for treatment of colds. Which means the costs for treating a cold are artificially high.

It's insane for anyone to be going to the doctor for a cold, anyway. What the hell is he going to do? Tell you to get a lot of rest, drink clear fluids, and take cough medicine if you need to. Who didn't already know that?

Not so much. You have "original Medicare which is Part A and Part B. In most plans the Gov is primary
They pay first, then the Private companies pay. The advantage plans replace OM in that they, not the Gov pay, those plans are called Part C

I'm not talking about the "advantage" plans, which are supplemental. The core of Medicare (Part A and Part B) is farmed out to private insurance companies. They make the decisions on whether or not to pay claims, and profit from those decisions.

Most people think Medicare is a government program. That’s only partly true. While Congress created Medicare, and continues to develop Medicare coverage and appeal rules, decisions to pay claims are actually made by private companies. The government does not make those decisions. This was one of the compromises made in order to pass Medicare in 1965 – and the public-private partnership continues to date.

Indeed, the entities granting or denying coverage, and those deciding whether or not to pay claims, are mostly private insurance companies. For example, Anthem is the parent company of “National Government Services,” one of the major Medicare claims administrators. Another Medicare administrative contractor, “MAXIMUS,” is a for-profit company that helps state, federal and foreign governments administer programs.

No it isn't (as I sit here in my role) as health care consultant. The Gov makes the decision on whether to pay or not. ALL claims are filed with Medicare FIRST after they pay the private companies then pay their share. Your source is quite flawed

Um, no, whether or not Medicare is the first payer varies widely, depending on who the other payer is and a variety of other factors.

Hafetz-Blog-Infographic-1024x791.jpg

Just for starters.

Um, no, whether or not Medicare is the first payer varies widely, depending on who the other payer is and a variety of other factors.

Hafetz-Blog-Infographic-1024x791.jpg

Just for starters.

Nope. When it comes to coordination with a supplement plan Medicare pays first. I again suggest you get your info from Medicare.gov

Oh, so you're against Medicare For ALL....good to know.......
Isn’t everything covered in Medicare for all?
I haven't seen all the details.....but lets assume it is......the government isn't going to let a surgeon charge what he wants, so that's budget surgery, correct?
Not if they are all charging the same $$.
Wow, you don't think do you. So all surgeons are the same? Maybe you get the really experienced one or maybe you get the joker just out of MedSchool who finished last in his class......
Oh and since it's the government, and you cant get fired....why try and learn new techniques, you cant monetize it.....you get zero out of trying to improve yourself
So you are saying people look for the best surgeon and don’t shop price. I agree, that’s why markets don’t work in healthcare.

One part of healthcare has not been covered by insurance and we have seen quality consistently go up while prices have cone down, and that's Lasik eye surgery. Today, you can get it done on sale or you can pay a lot, it's up to you. And yes, you see ads touting low costs.

So I pay for my $400k heart issue &then hope the insurance company pays me? How does that help if the providers know you will get reimbursed?
Well easy, you shop for it, if the doctor says 400k, you say Ill keep looking and maybe find one for 320k.....Do you not know how to shop for a deal? Is this new? Right now, that doesn't happen.....
So, you are lying on the floor getting CPR & you are calling for quotes? Really?>
See this is a bullshit post.....
If you need CPR you are going to the emergency room......just like......drum roll...........we do now......your example is bullshit
Most people see doctors, like cardiologists and they can call them and get quotes......it's amazing how that works.

Most people choose dotors by reputation. I know of no one calling for quotes. You are lying as usual.

Show of hands, everyone who assumes that because "Assfuck Dave" doesn't personally know someone doing something, it never happens. Anyone?

Of course people don't often ask for prices for regular medical care. BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE BILL. Duuuuhhh. They DO, however, ask about prices for things they DO have to pay for themselves. Take a look at cosmetic surgery, for example. Unless it's reconstructive due to a trauma, it's not covered by most insurances. And you'd best believe people do NOT sign up for it without finding out how much it's gonna cost first.

Another area in healthcare where innovation continues, costs come down and quality goes up.

A colonoscopy is preventative medicine, and ought to be free, since not having early detection the cost will be much expensive if cancer is diagnosed years later.

Maybe you could go into business providing free colonoscopies!

Idiot-gram ^^^. Maybe you ought to stfu if you have nothing substantive, thoughtful or thought provoking.

My comment certainly provoked you. ;).

And it makes an important point you'd rather not deal with.

Yeah, I'm crushed (sarcasm alert).

Minimum coverages are set to protect the consumer.

Yes, I definitely need to be protected from the "horrors" of having a health care plan that doesn't cover prostate exams or birth control. What would I, a 50-year-old woman, do without those "essential" coverages in my life? And how could anyone POSSIBLY assume I'm intelligent enough to decide for myself what I do and don't need, simply because I'm an adult who looks after herself on everything else in my life?

prostate exams were covered before obamacare and again I guess I should say depending on what insurance company and state.

Remember the great ObamaCare benefit of paying for colonoscopies? I paid over $3000 out of pocket for my "covered" colonoscopy. Prior to ObamaCare, it would have covered at 90% under my company provided health insurance. How did ObamaCare help that situation?

Being such a big asshole I would have expected you would have been given a discount [lol]. But, I digress. A colonoscopy is preventative medicine, and ought to be free, since not having early detection the cost will be much expensive if cancer is diagnosed years later.

I have Kaiser, and there was no cost for my colonoscopy., no cost for my annual physical and no cost for labs.
Why should it be free? resources are used to perform those......I know you hate paying for goods and services, but that's how the country works. If you want to afford shit, stop going to school for a useless degree and take ownership of your own life and make it happen.

First of all Fuck You. I have safety retirement: A six figure monthly check since 2006, and lifetime health care for me and my wife.

Forum List

Back