Gop wants to reduce what private insurance covers and the dims want to end private insurance.

Oh, so you're against Medicare For ALL....good to know.......
Isn’t everything covered in Medicare for all?
I haven't seen all the details.....but lets assume it is......the government isn't going to let a surgeon charge what he wants, so that's budget surgery, correct?
Not if they are all charging the same $$.
Wow, you don't think do you. So all surgeons are the same? Maybe you get the really experienced one or maybe you get the joker just out of MedSchool who finished last in his class......
Oh and since it's the government, and you cant get fired....why try and learn new techniques, you cant monetize it.....you get zero out of trying to improve yourself
So you are saying people look for the best surgeon and don’t shop price. I agree, that’s why markets don’t work in healthcare.
You really don't get it.....they do shop.....pick something a consumer good, a car, lots of people value different things...one thing everyone values is price! you may have a doctor that went to Harvard, but you may have one just as good that went to a state school.......but the Harvard guy charges more...

You've never shopped for a doctor?
People do it with plastic surgery, fertility, weight loss, all that stuff because those are not mandatory in the insurance program like a surgeon would be. Some of those aren't covered.
Boob jobs, they're expensive (but the price has come way down since the early 80s), and it's surgery, yet many surgeons are available, are they all top tier? no, but they're in business, because of things they offer......anything works this way....do you guys live in America? or are you from some shithole country?

Oh, so you're against Medicare For ALL....good to know.......
It depends on who's in charge at the moment. "Dr. Trump will see you now...."
Unlikely politicians would play games with it. They stay away from anything politically bad.
LOL - have you been living under a rock?
What politically bad moves have they been making? Sure haven’t seen any spending cuts.
Wait so you're saying spending cuts are bad?

Wow, you don't think do you. So all surgeons are the same? Maybe you get the really experienced one or maybe you get the joker just out of MedSchool who finished last in his class......
Oh and since it's the government, and you cant get fired....why try and learn new techniques, you cant monetize it.....you get zero out of trying to improve yourself
So you are saying people look for the best surgeon and don’t shop price. I agree, that’s why markets don’t work in healthcare.

No, that's why too much reliance on insurance destroys markets. If people were paying for the bulk of their health care themselves, they would price shop health care, despite your denials.
So with no insurance, what happens when you get cancer? Few people have the money laying around for those bills.

Catastrophic insurance is fine. That's actual insurance. But this conception of insurance as a club you join to score free health care is childishly naive.
The big things are all that really matters. Nobody goes broke from a cold . Sounds like you’d not really change anything.

Unlikely politicians would play games with it. They stay away from anything politically bad.
What politically bad moves have they been making? Sure haven’t seen any spending cuts.

Let's start with the glaringly obvious: women's reproductive health care. Do you think Republicans would try to limit insurance coverage for abortion or birth control? You know they would. What about mental health? Most of them think it's fake news. Services for homosexuals? AIDS research? I could go on and on, but you either get it already, or are so deep in denial you'll never face reality.

Making health care a government responsibility will make it a political football, that will be whipped out every single elections to scare and coerce voters. Let's not.

Unlikely, they don’t want to lose votes. Same reason nothing gets cut. You seen our deficits?

You must have an example of this happening with some other countries healthcare?

I'm not interested in other countries. I don't live there. I do live here, and I've seen the kind of insanity our political process is capable of. I don't want that insanity in charge of health care.

Let's start with the glaringly obvious: women's reproductive health care. Do you think Republicans would try to limit insurance coverage for abortion or birth control? You know they would. What about mental health? Most of them think it's fake news. Services for homosexuals? AIDS research? I could go on and on, but you either get it already, or are so deep in denial you'll never face reality.

Making health care a government responsibility will make it a political football, that will be whipped out every single elections to scare and coerce voters. Let's not.

Unlikely, they don’t want to lose votes. Same reason nothing gets cut. You seen our deficits?

You must have an example of this happening with some other countries healthcare?
So you're for deficits and not cutting any spending?

It depends on who's in charge at the moment. "Dr. Trump will see you now...."
Wait so you're saying spending cuts are bad?
Politically. Hence why our childish politicians don’t do any.

I'm not interested in other countries. I don't live there. I do live here, and I've seen the kind of insanity our political process is capable of. I don't want that insanity in charge of health care.
So you don’t. Didn’t think so.

The big things are all that really matters. Nobody goes broke from a cold . Sounds like you’d not really change anything.

The problem is that, currently, insurance covers colds (and any number of other common illnesses that should part of a normal person's budget). So no one price shops for treatment of colds. Which means the costs for treating a cold are artificially high.

You don't seem to have thought through this much at all. "Dr. Trump will see you now ...."

I haven't seen all the details.....but lets assume it is......the government isn't going to let a surgeon charge what he wants, so that's budget surgery, correct?
You really don't get it.....they do shop.....pick something a consumer good, a car, lots of people value different things...one thing everyone values is price! you may have a doctor that went to Harvard, but you may have one just as good that went to a state school.......but the Harvard guy charges more...

You've never shopped for a doctor?
People do it with plastic surgery, fertility, weight loss, all that stuff because those are not mandatory in the insurance program like a surgeon would be. Some of those aren't covered.
Boob jobs, they're expensive (but the price has come way down since the early 80s), and it's surgery, yet many surgeons are available, are they all top tier? no, but they're in business, because of things they offer......anything works this way....do you guys live in America? or are you from some shithole country?
People shop for the best, not better pricing when it comes to healthcare.

You don't seem to have thought through this much at all. "Dr. Trump will see you now ...."
You seem to have no backing for your claim...

The problem is that, currently, insurance covers colds (and any number of other common illnesses that should part of a normal person's budget). So no one price shops for treatment of colds. Which means the costs for treating a cold are artificially high.
Most don’t even go to the doc for little stuff. How can you save them on things they rarely have treated?

Billionaires don’t mind being soaked because they have money to burn. A billionaire will never spend everything they have in one lifetime.

When it comes to the rest of the country Republicans say fuk you. Die, I don’t give a shit.

Which claim? My claim the political divide in the US is corrosive and destructive? That health care would be used as a carrot/stick by aspiring politicians? Do you really deny these things?

Which claim? My claim the political divide in the US is corrosive and destructive? That health care would be used as a carrot/stick by aspiring politicians? Do you really deny these things?
You don’t have an example of it happening with healthcare. Last I checked Dems and repubs have same healthcare needs.

Most don’t even go to the doc for little stuff. How can you save them on things they rarely have treated?
People without money don’t go to the doctor for a little stuff?

In fact, many times they don’t go to the doctor at all until it becomes a terrible problem. And they go to the emergency room. And then we all pay an enormous amount of money for that.

When they could’ve just gone to a doctor for a small co-pay and been treated before it became a big issue.

Most of the divide is actually about race. Republicans are nearly all white party and Democrats or everyone else.

How can you tell black people to compromise with the KKK?

You can’t compromise with people who want you dead, why? because they want you dead.

Forum List

Back