Gorilla ...

That the gorilla had to be killed, of course!
It's a stupid monkey what is wrong with people?

I'll bet monkeys are MUCH smarter than some of the people who post here. :2up:

Sad all the way around. VERY unforgiving people in this thread. IF the gorilla had killed the child, the same people would be screaming how they should have done something to stop the gorilla.
If there was an opening that would allow a child to get in, how is that the fault of the mother? Simple...it isn't. It's the zoo's responsibility there.

There are no innocents here....except maybe the gorilla. Regardless I am amazed at the people that are whining on and on and on. I am sad the gorilla is dead, but glad the child is alive. I wonder if everyone can say that.

I agree, EXCEPT that I think the parents bear some responsibility too. How about watching your children???

I agree with that, but have you ever seen a group of excited kids at a zoo? Kids are kids.

She should have had at least one other chaperone to help her then. She is the adult and her child is her responsibility, but like you said in your post, everyone involved (except the gorilla and the small child) are at fault.

They could have had several rifles trained on him while they hit him with a tranquilizer gun. If he went after the kid, they would have the option of shooting him.
You dumbass. The gorillas reactions would be way faster. The gorilla is 400 lbs of pure muscle. If he would have backhanded the boy it would have killed him instantly. The gorilla was known for busting coconuts with his bare hands.
Faster than a bullet? You are an idiot. And why is that gorilla in a zoo and you are running loose?
That gorilla is dead and I am trying to make sure you dont get loose from the chimpanzee exhibit.

It's a stupid monkey what is wrong with people?

Sad all the way around. VERY unforgiving people in this thread. IF the gorilla had killed the child, the same people would be screaming how they should have done something to stop the gorilla.
If there was an opening that would allow a child to get in, how is that the fault of the mother? Simple...it isn't. It's the zoo's responsibility there.

There are no innocents here....except maybe the gorilla. Regardless I am amazed at the people that are whining on and on and on. I am sad the gorilla is dead, but glad the child is alive. I wonder if everyone can say that.

I agree, EXCEPT that I think the parents bear some responsibility too. How about watching your children???

I agree with that, but have you ever seen a group of excited kids at a zoo? Kids are kids.

She should have had at least one other chaperone to help her then. She is the adult and her child is her responsibility, but like you said in your post, everyone involved (except the gorilla and the small child) are at fault.

Yep, I did say that. It is not enough though. The mom now needs to be hanged, ya know?

I hate that saying "kids are kids" that is what irresponsible parents that have raised out of control and undisciplined offspring say.

These are the parents who question why their children get killed, do drugs or have babies while they are teenagers. Totally irresponsible.

Yep, I did say that. It is not enough though. The mom now needs to be hanged, ya know?

People are just angry because of the shooting of the gorilla. People tend to be drama queens when they are angry about something. Lol. I think the zoo and the mom are equally responsible though. No excuses for not watching your kids. Apparently she was taking pictures when the child went in, so she was not watching him.

"many urged authorities to hold the boy's parents criminally responsible: An online petition called "Justice for Harambe" had more than 330,000 signatures Tuesday.

"Once again, an innocent animal pays the ultimate price for human stupidity," wrote a commenter on the Cincinnati Zoo's Facebook page, where the zoo posted that it was "heartbroken" over Harambe's death."

Gorilla at Cincinnati Zoo 'Had to Pay the Price' After Child Fell Into Enclosure, Experts Say

If the authorities do not press any charges criminal or otherwise this neglectful mother is free to practice her poor child care on other children as well. The mother, an administrator at a local daycare.

Pull your head out of your arse. The mother was watching her son, and did not know that the railing barrier had a hole big enough for him to crawl through. He was gone in a flash, and you, sicko that you are, must blame someone; therefore, you expend all your energies on the mother.
Why don't you volunteer to get inside a cage with a gorilla to prove once and for all that a tranquilizer is enough to save you once the gorilla starts to smash you.
The mother was not watching the son close enough.

The people who excuse the parent(s) are either neglectful themselves ot never had any children of their own to watch and take care of. Being a parent is a job ever vigilant and does not excuse the failings of a parent.

How is watching your child while he gazes at the gorilla, and then in a split second finds the hole in the railing barrier and is gone. How could the mother stop that? She had no possible way of knowing the hole was there and that her son would go through it.
What's wrong with you?
Parents need to do that, they need to take care of their children. No excuses.

I see this is an emotional issue vs a rational issue, there is no middle ground for killing or allowing an infant to be dragged. Everybody can judge the parent and zoo keeper, but none of us was the parent who child may have slipped away for a second just like they do at a store when the parent looks at an item, as for the zoo keeper, things happened fast where the animal is unpredictable.

It is we who put animals in caged prison zoos then with hypocrisy say that this animal is not worthy of committing a crime. There is much logical fallacy in all of the rhetoric.

I'm not a fan of zoos because of unnecessary incidents like this , neither am I advocating that animals should not be studied, but only by those who desire to understand their species for nature and not for entertainment as freaks of nature.

I feel the same. People are arrogant and ignorant though.

I hate that saying "kids are kids" that is what irresponsible parents that have raised out of control and undisciplined offspring say.

These are the parents who question why their children get killed, do drugs or have babies while they are teenagers. Totally irresponsible.

You're just trolling.
Nope I am speaking from experience

Unless you never blink or turn your head whenever you are watching your child anything can happen. Just because nothing happens doesnt make you the parent of the year and just because something does happen it doesnt make you irresponsible.

People are just angry because of the shooting of the gorilla. People tend to be drama queens when they are angry about something. Lol. I think the zoo and the mom are equally responsible though. No excuses for not watching your kids. Apparently she was taking pictures when the child went in, so she was not watching him.

Though I agree with you, I have witnessed children being watched very closely and STILL they managed to do something stupid.
When I become as perfect as some of the others (laughingly) are in this thread,. then I will see that this is 100% the fault of the mother.
How freaking stupid some of the know it all posts are.

Also while I am at it...I have see children turn out to be lousy adults even with great parents ''watching'' them. What a joke. NONE of this was on purpose.

So I heard the kid told his mother he wanted to get into the water with the gorilla. Then he had to get past four barriers to do so. She got a red flagged warning and ignored it and the gorilla paid with his life. Bad situation.

"many urged authorities to hold the boy's parents criminally responsible: An online petition called "Justice for Harambe" had more than 330,000 signatures Tuesday.

"Once again, an innocent animal pays the ultimate price for human stupidity," wrote a commenter on the Cincinnati Zoo's Facebook page, where the zoo posted that it was "heartbroken" over Harambe's death."

Gorilla at Cincinnati Zoo 'Had to Pay the Price' After Child Fell Into Enclosure, Experts Say

If the authorities do not press any charges criminal or otherwise this neglectful mother is free to practice her poor child care on other children as well. The mother, an administrator at a local daycare.

Pull your head out of your arse. The mother was watching her son, and did not know that the railing barrier had a hole big enough for him to crawl through. He was gone in a flash, and you, sicko that you are, must blame someone; therefore, you expend all your energies on the mother.
Why don't you volunteer to get inside a cage with a gorilla to prove once and for all that a tranquilizer is enough to save you once the gorilla starts to smash you.

The people who excuse the parent(s) are either neglectful themselves ot never had any children of their own to watch and take care of. Being a parent is a job ever vigilant and does not excuse the failings of a parent.

How is watching your child while he gazes at the gorilla, and then in a split second finds the hole in the railing barrier and is gone. How could the mother stop that? She had no possible way of knowing the hole was there and that her son would go through it.
What's wrong with you?

She was taking care of her children. She DID NOT KNOW the railing barrier had a hole in it or that her son could move so QUICKLY through it.
What's happens when you make a mistake; who do you blame?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

So I heard the kid told his mother he wanted to get into the water with the gorilla. Then he had to get past four barriers to do so. She got a red flagged warning and ignored it and the gorilla paid with his life. Bad situation.
Where did you hear this at?

You're just trolling.

The mother, an administrator at a local daycare, Unless you never blink or turn your head whenever you are watching your child anything can happen. Just because nothing happens doesnt make you the parent of the year and just because something does happen it doesnt make you irresponsible.

That is the point a parent needs to develop the skills and protocols to make sure their children are safe. The mother works in daycare, she more than most should understand that.

What's wrong with you?

She was taking care of her children. She DID NOT KNOW the railing barrier had a hole in it or that her son could move so QUICKLY through it.
She did not take the proper care of her child otherwise the child would not have gone in with the gorilla.

You're just trolling.

The mother, an administrator at a local daycare, Unless you never blink or turn your head whenever you are watching your child anything can happen. Just because nothing happens doesnt make you the parent of the year and just because something does happen it doesnt make you irresponsible.

That is the point a parent needs to develop the skills and protocols to make sure their children are safe. The mother works in daycare, she more than most should understand that.
If she works in a daycare then she has better skills than most and it still happened.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

What's wrong with you?

She did not take the proper care of her child otherwise the child would not have gone in with the gorilla.

So, she should have patched up the hole?

What's wrong with you?

Hold his hand. Hold onto him.

What's wrong with you?

Hold his hand. Hold onto him.
She was taking a picture.

Forum List

Back