Gorilla ...

Just because you say so doesn't mean others are obligated to adhere to your opinion. I wouldn't hesitate putting my pets first in a either/or scenario. I love my dogs and feel nothing for strangers.
You simply show how screwed up you are by valuing an animal over a human being.
You're screwed up by trying to dictate values. The more I learn about dogs the less I like people. I don't really care if you approve or not. Some of the worst shit humans do to others is based on religion where they think God makes them shit special candy.
Even though I prefer to save a cockroach rather than you, I will still chose to save you because you are human, and humans are more important.

send the gorilla to sleep for an hour or so

DO NOT FUCKING KILL HIM!
Every animal expert says the right action was taken.

Fucking wrong again! ^^^^^

Animal behaviour expert doesn't believe Harambe would have hurt boy

You're screwed up by trying to dictate values. The more I learn about dogs the less I like people. I don't really care if you approve or not. Some of the worst shit humans do to others is based on religion where they think God makes them shit special candy.
Even though I prefer to save a cockroach rather than you, I will still chose to save you because you are human, and humans are more important.

DO NOT FUCKING KILL HIM!

Yes apes have a history of just being sweet and cuddly.

Chimpanzee Attack Victim Who Got Face Transplant Is Hospitalized

Yeah, I tend to think and perhaps I am very naive about this admittedly, but how is it that zoos don't have powerful tranquilizers handy and ready for this exact situation?

Either they have those just in case, OR if they don't or would not make any difference, do not make it even remotely POSSIBLE for a 4 year old to enter the area.

I too think it is absolutely pathetic that this beautiful creature had to be killed.

BTW, you hear that story I think from last year where that "Danish" zoo killed a giraffe in front of the spectators and fed it to the lions?

Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds body to lions - CNN.com

In front of kids and paying customers.

Say what you want about humans. All I do know is we deserve what we will be getting.

DO NOT FUCKING KILL HIM!

The zoologists did.

Yeah, I tend to think and perhaps I am very naive about this admittedly, but how is it that zoos don't have powerful tranquilizers handy and ready for this exact situation?

Either they have those just in case, OR if they don't or would not make any difference, do not make it even remotely POSSIBLE for a 4 year old to enter the area.

I too think it is absolutely pathetic that this beautiful creature had to be killed.

BTW, you hear that story I think from last year where that "Danish" zoo killed a giraffe in front of the spectators and fed it to the lions?

Say what you want about humans. All I do know is we deserve what we will be getting.

:clap: I wholeheartedly agree Theowl32 !!

OMG! Lions ate a giraffe! Everyone knows lions are vegans!

You people display why the world is so f'd up.

If they were strong enough to put him down instantly he would probably never wake up.

No, I am saying hacking it to bits in front of the people is not dignifying. ALL life should be treated with as much respect or dignity as possible.

Hence I am not about "trophy hunting." It is about tact and being higher than ANIMALS. Those types of actions only illustrate our FALLEN STATE in a nutshell.

ALL of life, should be treated with as much dignity as possible. Yeah. I may sound like a "liberal" by saying such things.

The fact is the "liberals" I hate are not LIBERALS at all. They are the wolves in sheeps clothing. They are not about anything they claim. They are liars and hypocrites.

My hypocrisy can only go so far.

If you are not moved by the killing of that majestic creature, then you may need to question how you look at life.

If they were strong enough to put him down instantly he would probably never wake up.
Locally we had a mountain lion walk up to our shopping mall. Tranquilizer was used, but dart entered the lung and killed the lion. Shit happens.

I think a zoo guest should have the expectation animals are in cages for the protection of animals and guests. I have never had to sprint across the cheetah enclosure to buy giraffe food.

No, I am saying hacking it to bits in front of the people is not dignifying. ALL life should be treated with as much respect or dignity as possible.

Hence I am not about "trophy hunting." It is about tact and being higher than ANIMALS. Those types of actions only illustrate our FALLEN STATE in a nutshell.

ALL of life, should be treated with as much dignity as possible. Yeah. I may sound like a "liberal" by saying such things.

The fact is the "liberals" I hate are not LIBERALS at all. They are the wolves in sheeps clothing. They are not about anything they claim. They are liars and hypocrites.

If you are not moved by the killing of that majestic creature, then you may need to question how you look at life.
Ever watch lions take down a giraffe? Not pretty. But it's what happens in nature. That giraffe at least went quietly.

Been a diamond member of the San Diego Zoological Society for 30 years, so it's not like I hate animals. It's just that I know what goes on in nature and have no issue with how nature works.

That is fine, and maybe you are right. I cannot tell, are you saying they should not have had any possible way for a 4 year old to enter the exhibit?

I think you are saying that.

I tend to blame the parents, but if you know anything about raising kids, you know you cannot be looking at them 24/7. Especially 4 year olds. They easily get away from parents ALL of the time.

The fault is with the zoo. Having it even remotely possible for a 4 year ever enter the exhibit at all is their dereliction as much as it is for the parents. I say even more so.

I don't think this is a left or right thing. But I would save the child AND the dog. That's your difference.
Polls have been done with the question of you save your pet or a stranger. Answer is 50/50. Shows how f'd up the world is.
Just because you say so doesn't mean others are obligated to adhere to your opinion. I wouldn't hesitate putting my pets first in a either/or scenario. I love my dogs and feel nothing for strangers.
Depends on the human. Some aren't worth a cockroach and you are in no position to define anyone else's sense of morality. Read that over and over until it finally seeps in.

Ever watch lions take down a giraffe? Not pretty. But it's what happens in nature. That giraffe at least went quietly.

Been a diamond member of the San Diego Zoological Society for 30 years, so it's not like I hate animals. It's just that I know what goes on in nature and have no issue with how nature works.

You are missing my point. There is tact, and hacking a giraffe in front of the customers is WRONG period.

Polls have been done with the question of you save your pet or a stranger. Answer is 50/50. Shows how f'd up the world is.
Depends on the human. Some aren't worth a cockroach and you are in no position to define anyone else's sense of morality. Read that over and over until it finally seeps in.
Another sign of the sickness of people - brainwashed into thinking they have no right to define morality in society. People like the NAZI's and Khmer Rouge thrived upon such inbred narcistic beliefs.

I've never seen an animal kill and eat another animal in a dignifying manner...

Last edited:

That is fine, and maybe you are right. I cannot tell, are you saying they should not have had any possible way for a 4 year old to enter the exhibit?

I think you are saying that.

I tend to blame the parents, but if you know anything about raising kids, you know you cannot be looking at them 24/7. Especially 4 year olds. They easily get away from parents ALL of the time.

The fault is with the zoo. Having it even remotely possible for a 4 year ever enter the exhibit at all is their dereliction as much as it is for the parents. I say even more so.

Both are at fault. It shouldn't be that hard to keep a 4 year old out.

Why couldn't the zoo keepers hit him with a tazer or sleep arrow?
Time for the dart to work and tazers send you flopping around, not good with a child around.
To the best of my recollection, I have seen bears being hit with the sleep dart. I seemed to hit him right away and he was out. But, he could have been a younger bear and he fell from a tree. So, I am not sure.

Do you recall another youngster falling in a gorilla area, and the gorilla carried the lad to a door where some zookeeper was able to retrieve him?

All of this is very sad.
Yes. It was a female gorilla who rescued that child. She was an experienced mother herself. The child was unconscious, not crying, screaming, waving arms about. The zoo keepers said that even she would probably not have reacted so calmly if the child had been awake and struggling.

You are missing my point. There is tact, and hacking a giraffe in front of the customers is WRONG period.

You should read the misleading article. Guests were invited to witness the autopsy. In typical MSM fashion they lead people to believe they just started hacking it up out in the open.

So sad. I wish there had been another way to get the gorilla away from the child. Unfortunately they could not really take a chance with the life of a child. The gorilla could have even killed the child accidentally because they are so strong and probably tend towards freaking out when in an enclosed area. This is why we should not keep animals like that for our "entertainment." Those kinds of animals belong out in the wild. We are selfish creatures, that's for sure.

Forum List

Back