Gorilla ...

So sad. I wish there had been another way to get the gorilla away from the child. Unfortunately they could not really take a chance with the life of a child. The gorilla could have even killed the child accidentally because they are so strong and probably tend towards freaking out when in an enclosed area. This is why we should not keep animals like that for our "entertainment." Those kinds of animals belong out in the wild. We are selfish creatures, that's for sure.
Yes, all endangered species should remain the wild so we can finish them off.

The gorilla can be replaced, a child can't. Glad the child isn't dead.
Endangered species cannot be replaced. I'm glad the child is unharmed. However, the ZOO bares all responsibility., IMHO. The ZOO led the child to think the gorilla could be petted.
The kid wanted to play in the water, not pet the gorilla. He thought he as going into a wading pool, like home.

Polls have been done with the question of you save your pet or a stranger. Answer is 50/50. Shows how f'd up the world is.
Just because you say so doesn't mean others are obligated to adhere to your opinion. I wouldn't hesitate putting my pets first in a either/or scenario. I love my dogs and feel nothing for strangers.
You simply show how screwed up you are by valuing an animal over a human being.
You're screwed up by trying to dictate values. The more I learn about dogs the less I like people. I don't really care if you approve or not. Some of the worst shit humans do to others is based on religion where they think God makes them shit special candy.
Even though I prefer to save a cockroach rather than you, I will still chose to save you because you are human, and humans are more important.
Depends on the human. Some aren't worth a cockroach and you are in no position to define anyone else's sense of morality. Read that over and over until it finally seeps in.

Absolutely!!!!!! :clap::clap:

If this woman could not watch the kids properly, then that tells me that she bit off more than she could chew. If she's going to take a boatload of kids to a zoo, then she needs to pay for another employee or get some parents to chaperone.

I blame the mother for not watching or providing for someone to help her watch the kids, and I blame the zoo for not securing the enclosure well enough. If a small child can get in there, then that is pretty bad.

So sad. I wish there had been another way to get the gorilla away from the child. Unfortunately they could not really take a chance with the life of a child. The gorilla could have even killed the child accidentally because they are so strong and probably tend towards freaking out when in an enclosed area. This is why we should not keep animals like that for our "entertainment." Those kinds of animals belong out in the wild. We are selfish creatures, that's for sure.
The poachers should be the endangered species. Not easy to do but it comes down to priorities.

The poor thing is probably better off dead than serving a life sentence in a zoo for the crime of being a gorilla.

I hate zoos.

The Wild is no picnic either.
Fine, let's lock you up then.

It's a horrible story, somehow everyone else managed to have their kids there without letting their infant crawl into the enclosure. I don't see that as the zoos fault. Parents should be sued for the price of the gorilla and take their obabaphones or ebt cards if they can't pay up.

However, I think zoos are an anachronism from the past. Humans no longer need animals in a cage to see them. Today we have HD video in their natural habitat done by very competent people who know the animals and can show us things we'd never learn from a zoo. I'd like to see zoos banned.
It's not the same, seeing them on a video. Zoos are getting better and better at giving their animals comfortable habitats and mental stimulation. Many of them are being bred to strengthen an endangered gene pool, like Harambe. I think as more and more people have your attitude, zoos will eventually go the way of the Wild West Show. I wouldn't want to see them banned, even though I don't care to go to them anymore.

I see this is an emotional issue vs a rational issue, there is no middle ground for killing or allowing an infant to be dragged. Everybody can judge the parent and zoo keeper, but none of us was the parent who child may have slipped away for a second just like they do at a store when the parent looks at an item, as for the zoo keeper, things happened fast where the animal is unpredictable.

It is we who put animals in caged prison zoos then with hypocrisy say that this animal is not worthy of committing a crime. There is much logical fallacy in all of the rhetoric.

I'm not a fan of zoos because of unnecessary incidents like this , neither am I advocating that animals should not be studied, but only by those who desire to understand their species for nature and not for entertainment as freaks of nature.

The poachers should be the endangered species. Not easy to do but it comes down to priorities.
Maybe they should make poaching illegal.

Yeah, I tend to think and perhaps I am very naive about this admittedly, but how is it that zoos don't have powerful tranquilizers handy and ready for this exact situation?

Either they have those just in case, OR if they don't or would not make any difference, do not make it even remotely POSSIBLE for a 4 year old to enter the area.

I too think it is absolutely pathetic that this beautiful creature had to be killed.

BTW, you hear that story I think from last year where that "Danish" zoo killed a giraffe in front of the spectators and fed it to the lions?

Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds body to lions - CNN.com

In front of kids and paying customers.

Say what you want about humans. All I do know is we deserve what we will be getting.
OMG! Lions ate a giraffe! Everyone knows lions are vegans!

You people display why the world is so f'd up.

No, I am saying hacking it to bits in front of the people is not dignifying. ALL life should be treated with as much respect or dignity as possible.

Hence I am not about "trophy hunting." It is about tact and being higher than ANIMALS. Those types of actions only illustrate our FALLEN STATE in a nutshell.

ALL of life, should be treated with as much dignity as possible. Yeah. I may sound like a "liberal" by saying such things.

The fact is the "liberals" I hate are not LIBERALS at all. They are the wolves in sheeps clothing. They are not about anything they claim. They are liars and hypocrites.

My hypocrisy can only go so far.

If you are not moved by the killing of that majestic creature, then you may need to question how you look at life.
Ever watch lions take down a giraffe? Not pretty. But it's what happens in nature. That giraffe at least went quietly.

Been a diamond member of the San Diego Zoological Society for 30 years, so it's not like I hate animals. It's just that I know what goes on in nature and have no issue with how nature works.

You are missing my point. There is tact, and hacking a giraffe in front of the customers is WRONG period.

You should read the misleading article. Guests were invited to witness the autopsy. In typical MSM fashion they lead people to believe they just started hacking it up out in the open.

Weather, they killed the giraffe with a BOLT GUN. Not because the giraffe was sick, nor was he old, but because they had a "surplus" of giraffes.
article-2555079-1B52A43F00000578-709_634x501.jpg

An 18-month-old giraffe named Marius was put down on this morning at Copenhagen Zoo

Read more: Danish zoo kills giraffe deemed 'surplus' and feeds him to the lions
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

article-2555079-1B53BF5D00000578-195_634x423.jpg

article-2555079-1B54395B00000578-90_634x423.jpg

Sorry man, something very wrong about the process. Sorry.

Poaching is illegal.

Kid proofing about anything is a challenge. I think the zoo needs to rethink how to help guest view animals with an eye for safety for animals and guests.
A million kids a year, for 38 years, and this is the first time a child has gotten into the gorilla enclosure. The zoo is rethinking it's boundaries, but it seems to me it worked quite well for a long time. I have not seen any pictures of the 'fence' where the little boy went under or over. Has anyone else?

OMG! Lions ate a giraffe! Everyone knows lions are vegans!

You people display why the world is so f'd up.

No, I am saying hacking it to bits in front of the people is not dignifying. ALL life should be treated with as much respect or dignity as possible.

Hence I am not about "trophy hunting." It is about tact and being higher than ANIMALS. Those types of actions only illustrate our FALLEN STATE in a nutshell.

ALL of life, should be treated with as much dignity as possible. Yeah. I may sound like a "liberal" by saying such things.

The fact is the "liberals" I hate are not LIBERALS at all. They are the wolves in sheeps clothing. They are not about anything they claim. They are liars and hypocrites.

My hypocrisy can only go so far.

If you are not moved by the killing of that majestic creature, then you may need to question how you look at life.
Ever watch lions take down a giraffe? Not pretty. But it's what happens in nature. That giraffe at least went quietly.

Been a diamond member of the San Diego Zoological Society for 30 years, so it's not like I hate animals. It's just that I know what goes on in nature and have no issue with how nature works.

You are missing my point. There is tact, and hacking a giraffe in front of the customers is WRONG period.

You should read the misleading article. Guests were invited to witness the autopsy. In typical MSM fashion they lead people to believe they just started hacking it up out in the open.

Weather, they killed the giraffe with a BOLT GUN. Not because the giraffe was sick, nor was he old, but because they had a "surplus" of giraffes.
article-2555079-1B52A43F00000578-709_634x501.jpg

An 18-month-old giraffe named Marius was put down on this morning at Copenhagen Zoo

Read more: Danish zoo kills giraffe deemed 'surplus' and feeds him to the lions
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

article-2555079-1B53BF5D00000578-195_634x423.jpg

article-2555079-1B54395B00000578-90_634x423.jpg

Sorry man, something very wrong about the process. Sorry.
No one wanted the giraffe. People could have purchased it, but alas animal nutters don't put their money were their protest signs are. I have no issue with those people invited to the back enclosed area to witness the autopsy either.

Why couldn't the zoo keepers hit him with a tazer or sleep arrow?
Time for the dart to work and tazers send you flopping around, not good with a child around.
To the best of my recollection, I have seen bears being hit with the sleep dart. I seemed to hit him right away and he was out. But, he could have been a younger bear and he fell from a tree. So, I am not sure.

Do you recall another youngster falling in a gorilla area, and the gorilla carried the lad to a door where some zookeeper was able to retrieve him?

All of this is very sad.
Yes. It was a female gorilla who rescued that child. She was an experienced mother herself. The child was unconscious, not crying, screaming, waving arms about. The zoo keepers said that even she would probably not have reacted so calmly if the child had been awake and struggling.

There were a few cases actually. There was one with a female gorilla and another case with a male silverback.

Jambo, the "gentle giant." Watch whole video.

This is the female gorilla you were referring to.

I see this is an emotional issue vs a rational issue, there is no middle ground for killing or allowing an infant to be dragged. Everybody can judge the parent and zoo keeper, but none of us was the parent who child may have slipped away for a second just like they do at a store when the parent looks at an item, as for the zoo keeper, things happened fast where the animal is unpredictable.

It is we who put animals in caged prison zoos then with hypocrisy say that this animal is not worthy of committing a crime. There is much logical fallacy in all of the rhetoric.

I'm not a fan of zoos because of unnecessary incidents like this , neither am I advocating that animals should not be studied, but only by those who desire to understand their species for nature and not for entertainment as freaks of nature.
good post

albeit i contribute by visiting said zoos lol

Poaching is illegal.
Poaching is already illegal yet routinely occurs? So endangered species should not just not all be left in the wild?

Full circle completed.

Forum List

Back