Gorilla ...

Kid proofing about anything is a challenge. I think the zoo needs to rethink how to help guest view animals with an eye for safety for animals and guests.
A million kids a year, for 38 years, and this is the first time a child has gotten into the gorilla enclosure. The zoo is rethinking it's boundaries, but it seems to me it worked quite well for a long time. I have not seen any pictures of the 'fence' where the little boy went under or over. Has anyone else?
3 foot high fence with vertical bars every 8 feet. 4 feet of bushes beyond the fence before the moat.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...llas-death-zoo-look-safety-exhibits/85165924/

Kid proofing about anything is a challenge. I think the zoo needs to rethink how to help guest view animals with an eye for safety for animals and guests.
A million kids a year, for 38 years, and this is the first time a child has gotten into the gorilla enclosure. The zoo is rethinking it's boundaries, but it seems to me it worked quite well for a long time. I have not seen any pictures of the 'fence' where the little boy went under or over. Has anyone else?

He climbed through a railing and fell in!

Gorilla shot dead after 3-year-old boy gets into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo

So sad. I wish there had been another way to get the gorilla away from the child. Unfortunately they could not really take a chance with the life of a child. The gorilla could have even killed the child accidentally because they are so strong and probably tend towards freaking out when in an enclosed area. This is why we should not keep animals like that for our "entertainment." Those kinds of animals belong out in the wild. We are selfish creatures, that's for sure.
Yes, all endangered species should remain the wild so we can finish them off.
The poachers should be the endangered species. Not easy to do but it comes down to priorities.
Maybe they should make poaching illegal.

Poaching is illegal.
Poaching is already illegal yet routinely occurs? So endangered species should not just not all be left in the wild?

Full circle completed.

Learn English!

From the link I posted . . .

"The gorilla was not tranquilized because when the animal is agitated, Maynard said, the tranquilizer may not take effect right away. This was the first time Cincinnati Zoo officials have killed an animal in this manner, Maynard said."

The poor thing is probably better off dead than serving a life sentence in a zoo for the crime of being a gorilla.

I hate zoos.

The Wild is no picnic either.
Fine, let's lock you up then.

It's a horrible story, somehow everyone else managed to have their kids there without letting their infant crawl into the enclosure. I don't see that as the zoos fault. Parents should be sued for the price of the gorilla and take their obabaphones or ebt cards if they can't pay up.

However, I think zoos are an anachronism from the past. Humans no longer need animals in a cage to see them. Today we have HD video in their natural habitat done by very competent people who know the animals and can show us things we'd never learn from a zoo. I'd like to see zoos banned.
It's not the same, seeing them on a video. Zoos are getting better and better at giving their animals comfortable habitats and mental stimulation. Many of them are being bred to strengthen an endangered gene pool, like Harambe. I think as more and more people have your attitude, zoos will eventually go the way of the Wild West Show. I wouldn't want to see them banned, even though I don't care to go to them anymore.
It's better to see them on video if learning is the goal. I've seen them at the zoo and always felt bad for them. They are smart and know they are screwed. You do get to see live action and you can go to prison and see inmates there and have a better sense of how they live confined instead of on TV but it wouldn't be fun for me.

My guess is the male gorilla thought "ha, I have one of you assholes now".

OMG! Lions ate a giraffe! Everyone knows lions are vegans!

You people display why the world is so f'd up.

No, I am saying hacking it to bits in front of the people is not dignifying. ALL life should be treated with as much respect or dignity as possible.

Hence I am not about "trophy hunting." It is about tact and being higher than ANIMALS. Those types of actions only illustrate our FALLEN STATE in a nutshell.

ALL of life, should be treated with as much dignity as possible. Yeah. I may sound like a "liberal" by saying such things.

The fact is the "liberals" I hate are not LIBERALS at all. They are the wolves in sheeps clothing. They are not about anything they claim. They are liars and hypocrites.

My hypocrisy can only go so far.

If you are not moved by the killing of that majestic creature, then you may need to question how you look at life.
Ever watch lions take down a giraffe? Not pretty. But it's what happens in nature. That giraffe at least went quietly.

Been a diamond member of the San Diego Zoological Society for 30 years, so it's not like I hate animals. It's just that I know what goes on in nature and have no issue with how nature works.

You are missing my point. There is tact, and hacking a giraffe in front of the customers is WRONG period.

You should read the misleading article. Guests were invited to witness the autopsy. In typical MSM fashion they lead people to believe they just started hacking it up out in the open.

Weather, they killed the giraffe with a BOLT GUN. Not because the giraffe was sick, nor was he old, but because they had a "surplus" of giraffes.
article-2555079-1B52A43F00000578-709_634x501.jpg

An 18-month-old giraffe named Marius was put down on this morning at Copenhagen Zoo

Read more: Danish zoo kills giraffe deemed 'surplus' and feeds him to the lions
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

article-2555079-1B53BF5D00000578-195_634x423.jpg

article-2555079-1B54395B00000578-90_634x423.jpg

Sorry man, something very wrong about the process. Sorry.
A lot of zoos put live fish in the water with polar bears too. To PETA this is barbaric. But it's nature.

So sad. I wish there had been another way to get the gorilla away from the child. Unfortunately they could not really take a chance with the life of a child. The gorilla could have even killed the child accidentally because they are so strong and probably tend towards freaking out when in an enclosed area. This is why we should not keep animals like that for our "entertainment." Those kinds of animals belong out in the wild. We are selfish creatures, that's for sure.
The poachers should be the endangered species. Not easy to do but it comes down to priorities.
Just keep the profound thoughts coming. It seems to be a gift.

The poor thing is probably better off dead than serving a life sentence in a zoo for the crime of being a gorilla.

I hate zoos.

The Wild is no picnic either.
Fine, let's lock you up then.

It's a horrible story, somehow everyone else managed to have their kids there without letting their infant crawl into the enclosure. I don't see that as the zoos fault. Parents should be sued for the price of the gorilla and take their obabaphones or ebt cards if they can't pay up.

However, I think zoos are an anachronism from the past. Humans no longer need animals in a cage to see them. Today we have HD video in their natural habitat done by very competent people who know the animals and can show us things we'd never learn from a zoo. I'd like to see zoos banned.
It's not the same, seeing them on a video. Zoos are getting better and better at giving their animals comfortable habitats and mental stimulation. Many of them are being bred to strengthen an endangered gene pool, like Harambe. I think as more and more people have your attitude, zoos will eventually go the way of the Wild West Show. I wouldn't want to see them banned, even though I don't care to go to them anymore.
It's better to see them on video if learning is the goal. I've seen them at the zoo and always felt bad for them. They are smart and know they are screwed. You do get to see live action and you can go to prison and see inmates there and have a better sense of how they live confined instead of on TV but it wouldn't be fun for me.

My guess is the male gorilla thought "ha, I have one of you assholes now".
Hey kids, let's watch a video of animals this Saturday!
Said no parent ever.

Just keep the profound thoughts coming. It seems to be a gift.
Would it be better if it was human baby parts from the local abortion clinic being fed to the lions?

That beautiful, intelligent creature is dead.

That's all .

Some in the human race should not be alive themselves.

Sorry but I do feel very strongly about this.

Poaching is illegal.
Poaching is already illegal yet routinely occurs? So endangered species should not just not all be left in the wild?

Full circle completed.

Learn English!
image.jpeg

Well, the zoo officials did what they had to do to keep the child alive. Wild animals are unpredictable and you never know what they might do. That gorilla could have ripped that child from limb to limb, bitten him or anything else. Gorillas routinely do this to other monkeys, etc., that enter their territory. They are a territorial wild animal. They belong out in the jungle and not behind bars in a zoo for our entertainment. A lot of times, these animals are not treated very well either.

Why couldn't the zoo keepers hit him with a tazer or sleep arrow?
Probably because he most likely would have flipped out and killed the boy before going down due to the tranquilizer 15 minutes later.
Ace, I agree.....although very sad, it had to go down that way....but I still think the parents of this child are SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WHOLE ORDEAL AND THAT WEIGHT SHOULD BARE HEAVY ON THEIR SHOULDERS....NO CHILD EVER THAT YOUNG SHOULD BE OUT OF A PARENTS SITE, NOT EVER. THE SOLE PURPOSE FOR VISITING THE ZOO IS FOR THE KIDS AMUSEMENT, HOW JR. GOT OUT OF THEIR SITE ONLY GOD KNOWS.

Why couldn't the zoo keepers hit him with a tazer or sleep arrow?
Probably because he most likely would have flipped out and killed the boy before going down due to the tranquilizer 15 minutes later.
Ace, I agree.....although very sad, it had to go down that way....but I still think the parents of this child are SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WHOLE ORDEAL AND THAT WEIGHT SHOULD BARE HEAVY ON THEIR SHOULDERS....NO CHILD EVER THAT YOUNG SHOULD BE OUT OF A PARENTS SITE, NOT EVER. THE SOLE PURPOSE FOR VISITING THE ZOO IS FOR THE KIDS AMUSEMENT, HOW JR. GOT OUT OF THEIR SITE ONLY GOD KNOWS.

Why are you YELLING?

That's all .

Do something about it besides whine on a stupid message board?

How do you know what I do or I don't do? what an ass

Do you know me? did we had breakfast together ? :fu:
Hilarious. Obviously you do not know the difference between a question and a statement.

That's all .

Listen, social media is all the outrage at this point and this person has every right to come to this particular site and whine or express feelings as you do. If you don't like what you see or hear, than why don't your ass leave this stupid site?

That's all .

How do you know what I do or I don't do? what an ass

Do you know me? did we had breakfast together ? :fu:
its gotta take longer than just a couple eggs to know ya

Forum List

Back