Gorilla ...

Why couldn't the zoo keepers hit him with a tazer or sleep arrow?
Probably because he most likely would have flipped out and killed the boy before going down due to the tranquilizer 15 minutes later.
Ace, I agree.....although very sad, it had to go down that way....but I still think the parents of this child are SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WHOLE ORDEAL AND THAT WEIGHT SHOULD BARE HEAVY ON THEIR SHOULDERS....NO CHILD EVER THAT YOUNG SHOULD BE OUT OF A PARENTS SITE, NOT EVER. THE SOLE PURPOSE FOR VISITING THE ZOO IS FOR THE KIDS AMUSEMENT, HOW JR. GOT OUT OF THEIR SITE ONLY GOD KNOWS.

Why are you YELLING?
Because I'm sick of irresponsible parents. If its not a toddler being shot with a hand gun, its shit like this. I'm mad as hell and I'm pissed.

The zoo shares blame. If a small child CAN get into the enclosure, then yes, the zoo holds some of the responsibility here. If something happened to the child, the zoo could even be held liable, I believe. Must have happened quickly too, or I'm sure other people would have prevented the child from falling into the enclosure.

I remember when I was a child at the zoo, and I was small and had little tiny arms, and was able to slip by arm into the enclosure. A monkey grabbed my arm and would not let go. He was staring me in the eyes with a REALLY strong grip on my arm. I could tell that if he had wanted to, he could have ripped my arm right off. Some old man with a cane began beating on the monkey's arm and it finally let go. I was petrified. That was just a little monkey. I can't imagine what a gorilla could do to that little child.

Probably because he most likely would have flipped out and killed the boy before going down due to the tranquilizer 15 minutes later.
Ace, I agree.....although very sad, it had to go down that way....but I still think the parents of this child are SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS WHOLE ORDEAL AND THAT WEIGHT SHOULD BARE HEAVY ON THEIR SHOULDERS....NO CHILD EVER THAT YOUNG SHOULD BE OUT OF A PARENTS SITE, NOT EVER. THE SOLE PURPOSE FOR VISITING THE ZOO IS FOR THE KIDS AMUSEMENT, HOW JR. GOT OUT OF THEIR SITE ONLY GOD KNOWS.

Are you a parent? Just curious. You know how easy it is for a 4 year old to get away from a parent. They are RUNNING ALL AROUND all of the time.

The ZOO had no business making it even remotely possible for a 4 year old to ever get into the exhibit at all.

The parents are obviously responsible, but the zoo is not getting the criticism they deserve imo.

Are you a parent? Just curious. You know how easy it is for a 4 year old to get away from a parent. They are RUNNING ALL AROUND all of the time.

The ZOO had no business making it even remotely possible for a 4 year old to ever get into the exhibit at all.

The parents are obviously responsible, but the zoo is not getting the criticism they deserve imo.

The zoo deserves criticism, most def. However, they didn't really have much choice in the matter but to shoot and kill the gorilla to save the child. Nobody knows what it would have done to that child. It may have gotten agitated and could very EASILY kill the child with just one blow. Those things are incredibly strong. The zoo deserves criticism for not having an appropriate enclosure. If that child found a way in, then the enclosure is not secure enough.

That beautiful, intelligent creature is dead.

That's all .

Some in the human race should not be alive themselves.

Sorry but I do feel very strongly about this.
Do something about it besides whine on a stupid message board?

Listen, social media is all the outrage at this point and this person has every right to come to this particular site and whine or express feelings as you do. If you don't like what you see or hear, than why don't your ass leave this stupid site?
That's my point. The left hold up a sign or post something on Facebook and they think they have made a difference in the world.

Everything I post here about I dedicate time and/or money to.

The poor thing is probably better off dead than serving a life sentence in a zoo for the crime of being a gorilla.

I hate zoos.

The Wild is no picnic either.
Fine, let's lock you up then.

It's a horrible story, somehow everyone else managed to have their kids there without letting their infant crawl into the enclosure. I don't see that as the zoos fault. Parents should be sued for the price of the gorilla and take their obabaphones or ebt cards if they can't pay up.

However, I think zoos are an anachronism from the past. Humans no longer need animals in a cage to see them. Today we have HD video in their natural habitat done by very competent people who know the animals and can show us things we'd never learn from a zoo. I'd like to see zoos banned.
It's not the same, seeing them on a video. Zoos are getting better and better at giving their animals comfortable habitats and mental stimulation. Many of them are being bred to strengthen an endangered gene pool, like Harambe. I think as more and more people have your attitude, zoos will eventually go the way of the Wild West Show. I wouldn't want to see them banned, even though I don't care to go to them anymore.
It's better to see them on video if learning is the goal. I've seen them at the zoo and always felt bad for them. They are smart and know they are screwed. You do get to see live action and you can go to prison and see inmates there and have a better sense of how they live confined instead of on TV but it wouldn't be fun for me.

My guess is the male gorilla thought "ha, I have one of you assholes now".
Hey kids, let's watch a video of animals this Saturday!
Said no parent ever.
No parent has watched an animal documentary with their kids? Like I said, you have a gift.

The zoo shares blame. If a small child CAN get into the enclosure, then yes, the zoo holds some of the responsibility here. If something happened to the child, the zoo could even be held liable, I believe. Must have happened quickly too, or I'm sure other people would have prevented the child from falling into the enclosure.

I remember when I was a child at the zoo, and I was small and had little tiny arms, and was able to slip by arm into the enclosure. A monkey grabbed my arm and would not let go. He was staring me in the eyes with a REALLY strong grip on my arm. I could tell that if he had wanted to, he could have ripped my arm right off. Some old man with a cane began beating on the monkey's arm and it finally let go. I was petrified. That was just a little monkey. I can't imagine what a gorilla could do to that little child.
From what I have read, one witness said they heard the boy telling his mother he wanted to get in the enclosure and another tried to grab him, all the while people are yelling at him to stop. Kind of sounds like she wasn't paying attention to me.

Yes I agree.

But regardless of who is more responsible zoo or the fucking mother....

I hope both will take their guilt to their graves! :mad-61:

That is...if they have any moral values at all!

So sad. I wish there had been another way to get the gorilla away from the child. Unfortunately they could not really take a chance with the life of a child. The gorilla could have even killed the child accidentally because they are so strong and probably tend towards freaking out when in an enclosed area. This is why we should not keep animals like that for our "entertainment." Those kinds of animals belong out in the wild. We are selfish creatures, that's for sure.
Yes, all endangered species should remain the wild so we can finish them off.
The poachers should be the endangered species. Not easy to do but it comes down to priorities.
Maybe they should make poaching illegal.
Just keep the profound thoughts coming. It seems to be a gift.
Would it be better if it was human baby parts from the local abortion clinic being fed to the lions?
The gift that keeps on giving. I said nothing about abortions. I did mention religious whack jobs though and their holier than though attitude. I'm not even pro-abortion, Einstein.

That's all .

Listen, social media is all the outrage at this point and this person has every right to come to this particular site and whine or express feelings as you do. If you don't like what you see or hear, than why don't your ass leave this stupid site?
That's my point. The left hold up a sign or post something on Facebook and they think they have made a difference in the world.

the left right shit is steeewwwpitttt

and skye is notleft, either

see why the left right thing is steewwpitttt, its cuz it is.

At the end of the day, the Zoo is an environment with animals who otherwise would be in the wild minding their own business. They are therefore dangerous creatures who should be admired from a distance...instead most zoo's create environments as if these sad creatures are like family.....thus inviting catastrophe's such as this. Bottom line, these are not house hold pets, they are CAGED animals and parents and zoo officials as well should understand this and act accordingly. No child should ever be permitted to get so close to these animals as to cause stress to the animal and eventual harm to the child.

The Wild is no picnic either.

It's a horrible story, somehow everyone else managed to have their kids there without letting their infant crawl into the enclosure. I don't see that as the zoos fault. Parents should be sued for the price of the gorilla and take their obabaphones or ebt cards if they can't pay up.

However, I think zoos are an anachronism from the past. Humans no longer need animals in a cage to see them. Today we have HD video in their natural habitat done by very competent people who know the animals and can show us things we'd never learn from a zoo. I'd like to see zoos banned.
It's not the same, seeing them on a video. Zoos are getting better and better at giving their animals comfortable habitats and mental stimulation. Many of them are being bred to strengthen an endangered gene pool, like Harambe. I think as more and more people have your attitude, zoos will eventually go the way of the Wild West Show. I wouldn't want to see them banned, even though I don't care to go to them anymore.
It's better to see them on video if learning is the goal. I've seen them at the zoo and always felt bad for them. They are smart and know they are screwed. You do get to see live action and you can go to prison and see inmates there and have a better sense of how they live confined instead of on TV but it wouldn't be fun for me.

Said no parent ever.
No parent has watched an animal documentary with their kids? Like I said, you have a gift.
Let's close all of our National Parks to the public. Close all sporting events. People can see them on TV, according to you it's just as impactful.

I've always watched animal and other documentaries with my son. He loves documentaries. He knows a TON about animals and all sorts of other things because of watching these types of shows. They are very educational and good for kids to learn about the world around them.

Keeping animals caged in what amounts to prisons, animals whose range can spread for hundreds or even thousands of miles is pretty damn cruel. All for OUR entertainment. The first time I realized I didn't like the zoo anymore was when I was probably in my late teens/early 20s. I brought my son to the zoo and we were watching the monkeys, and they just looked back at us as if to say "what are YOU staring at? We are not freaks!" I felt awful about it from then on. AND after watching many documentaries about wild animals and how they are supposed to live versus how they have to live in zoos. Why do you think the poor lions and tigers pace back and forth the way they do?

That's all .

It's a leftist trait, the generality works. Few leftists do anything of substance, they think "caring" is good enough.

That's all .

It's a leftist trait, the generality works. Few leftists do anything of substance, they think "caring" is good enough.
blahblahblah

Said no parent ever.
Let's close all of our National Parks to the public. Close all sporting events. People can see them on TV, according to you it's just as impactful.
...and yet even more wisdom from the eternal fountain of knowledge. Zoos are not natural by any stretch and going to the park isn't quite the same.

Fail.

From what I have read, one witness said they heard the boy telling his mother he wanted to get in the enclosure and another tried to grab him, all the while people are yelling at him to stop. Kind of sounds like she wasn't paying attention to me.

Yeah, she probably had too many kids and not enough eyes. She is also responsible for not having chaperones to help her out.

Said no parent ever.

I got a better idea, lets free all the animals and let them stare and google at us for a change....this election will have them in stitches. A orange white man with fucked up hair and a old white lady that loves her nigga's and a cheatin husband.

Forum List

Back