Gorsuch

Did anyone even mention how that oart of the civil rights act is unconstitutional to begin with?
Did the amendment process just fucking disappear?

I thought he was going to be the greatest SC pick in decades. Instead, he legislated from the bench.
What ever happened to constitutionalists?
Good gawd we are so fucked. Cant find the rule of law ANYWHERE.
You thought you got a right wing ally and yes man & instead you got a true juridst.

When your appointment is for life, do you want to go down in history as a biased political hack or be mentioned as a great Justice?
The SC doesnt have the power to legislate from the bench.
Your whole post is horseshit.

I thought he was going to be the greatest SC pick in decades. Instead, he legislated from the bench.
He defended the rights of americans. Why is that bad for you
Your answer is in the OP. Try reading. Thanks.
The rights of Americans are now expanded. Why are you threatened by this
Expanded? By taking away private property rights? Do you even know what rights are?
Holy shit

Gorsuch is a textualist. This means he makes his decisions based on the plain meaning of the words used in statute and not the intent of the legislators who wrote the law.

The case turned on the meaning of "sex" in the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Gorsuch wrote: “Only the written word is the law, and all persons are entitled to its benefit.” He concluded with “An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex.” And therefore, he said, the employer is in violation of the Civil Rights Act and the law.

I would not get my panties in a bunch if I were a conservative because his interpretation of the Civil Rights Act was in line with conservative constitutional interpretive principles despite what those on this board may think.

Conservatives will be praising him on his next decision I am sure.

Here is the full opinion for those that are interested:

There are far more important things to complain about, rather than this shit.
I complain about them too. All i can do is bitch about our political climate.
Thanks for your participation.

Gorsuch is a textualist. This means he makes his decisions based on the plain meaning of the words used in statute and not the intent of the legislators who wrote the law.

Gorsuch wrote: “Only the written word is the law, and all persons are entitled to its benefit.” He concluded with “An employer who fires an individual for being homosexual or transgender fires that person for traits or actions it would not have questioned in members of a different sex.” And therefore, he said, the employer is in violation of the Civil Rights Act and the law.

I would not get my panties in a bunch if I were a conservative because his interpretation of the Civil Rights Act was in line with conservative constitutional interpretive principles despite what those on this board may think.

These a Trumpsters, What would they know about Real Conservatism...

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

These a Trumpsters, What would they know about Real Conservatism...
I'm not a "trumpster" you tunnel vision dumbfuck.

This is guy seating in Scalia’s chair. Hilarious.

Liberals who freaked out about Gorsuch being a NAZI were pretty fucking stupid.
No one freaked out with Gorsuch other than he got a SC seat that was Obama's pick to make. No one called him a NAZI.

They freaked out over Kavanaugh, and his judicial tied with political, stances.

I have a different view on how Gorsuch handled this.

He interpreted the shitty law that he was given. If you have read any of Gorsuch's comments on his job as a justice, you will see his actual process here.

What he did was give the guys pushing for bullshit laws exactly what they DID NOT want, but their stupid law required, which, pursuant to precedent, is constitutional.

This is Gorsuch giving people a taste of their own bullshit medicine.

I didnt like scalia either. Scalia went above and beyond the SCs power too. So he is right where he belongs.
I agree with this. He did. Scalia often ruled the way I believe he should have, but many times (including favorable decisions like Heller) he went outside the plain language of the Constitution. He was pretty gutless at times.

But, Gorsuch, I believe, is doing something completely different here. It is a strategic move (it would take pages to explain).

Liberals who freaked out about Gorsuch being a NAZI were pretty fucking stupid.
No one freaked out with Gorsuch other than he got a SC seat that was Obama's pick to make. No one called him a NAZI.

They freaked out over Kavanaugh, and his judicial tied with political, stances.
I have a different view on how Gorsuch handled this.

He interpreted the shitty law that he was given. If you have read any of Gorsuch's comments on his job as a justice, you will see his actual process here.

What he did was give the guys pushing for bullshit laws exactly what they DID NOT want, but their stupid law required, which, pursuant to precedent, is constitutional.

This is Gorsuch giving people a taste of their own bullshit medicine.

I respectfully disagree, my man. But thats ok

I didnt like scalia either. Scalia went above and beyond the SCs power too. So he is right where he belongs.
I agree with this. He did. Scalia often ruled the way I believe he should have, but many times (including favorable decisions like Heller) he went outside the plain language of the Constitution. He was pretty gutless at times.

But, Gorsuch, I believe, is doing something completely different here. It is a strategic move (it would take pages to explain).

Hopefully you are right!

Forum List

Back