Gov. Christie not invited to CPAC

Yup. It's looking like it's going to take a real crash-and-burn, and I'd much prefer that didn't happen, but the party needs a real jolt. It looks like it's stuck right now.

What amazes me is that the GOP lost to a very velnerable POTUS just a few months ago and many in the party want them to double down and what caused the defeat.

Its mind-boggling.

what caused the defeat was a patsy moderate who wouldn't really fight for our side.....and you guys are 'boggled' why CPAC didn't invite Mr. Patsy....er Christie.....:rolleyes:

Which Republican would have been able to defeat Obama?

Yup. It's looking like it's going to take a real crash-and-burn, and I'd much prefer that didn't happen, but the party needs a real jolt. It looks like it's stuck right now.

What amazes me is that the GOP lost to a very velnerable POTUS just a few months ago and many in the party want them to double down and what caused the defeat.

Its mind-boggling.

what caused the defeat was a patsy moderate who wouldn't really fight for our side.....and you guys are 'boggled' why CPAC didn't invite Mr. Patsy....er Christie.....:rolleyes:

If you really believe that Christie himself "caused" Romney's defeat, then you're gone way too far down the republican propaganda/self-delusion hole to even attempt to reach

He's not a conservative

He took on the teacher and other unions and WON! He cut spending and TAXES. He balanced the budget for the last 3 yrs, when he took office with a ginormous deficit! He is viewed as very business friendly. That makes him solidly fiscal conservative, which is the most important thing. He is pro-life, pro-school choice, anti-EPA, moderate on gun control, anti-gay marriage etc.

He might have a mind of his own and critical of Republicans at times and praises Democrats too, but that is good. Partisanship is bad. I like freethinkers. Also if you want to win in blue states, then you can't be a far right Republican!

He is a rising star in politics around the country, he should be treated as such!

Its mind-boggling.

If you really believe that Christie himself "caused" Romney's defeat, then you're gone way too far down the republican propaganda/self-delusion hole to even attempt to reach

both are two sides of the same stupid coin.....moderates who try to win over Dimwits by compromising too much...

both are two sides of the same stupid coin.....moderates who try to win over Dimwits by compromising too much...

Conservatives do not make up nearly enough of the population, as a percentage, to think they can get elected to national office without compromising.

Conservatives do not make up nearly enough of the population, as a percentage, to think they can get elected to national office without compromising.

there are more conservatives than you think.....

ask anyone who works for a living and balances his checkbook what they really think about a non-existent budget and endless spending....

but that is why BO isn't doing anything to recover lost jobs or close the border.....he needs dependents.....

ask anyone who works for a living and balances his checkbook what they really think about a non-existent budget and endless spending....

but that is why BO isn't doing anything to recover lost jobs or close the border.....he needs dependents.....

That might feel good to write, but when you consider you can't even get a conservative nominated for POTUS in the GOP, it all rings rather hollow.

That might feel good to write, but when you consider you can't even get a conservative nominated for POTUS in the GOP, it all rings rather hollow.

we're working on it......

and obviously moving toward success....measured by the hate for the Tea Party.....:lol:

and obviously moving toward success....measured by the hate for the Tea Party.....:lol:

That's an interesting metric to use.

Given recent polls measure the popularity of the tea party at about the same rate they measured George Bush's approval rating when he left office, it's not something I would classify as a ringing endorsement.

Given recent polls measure the popularity of the tea party at about the same rate they measured George Bush's approval rating when he left office, it's not something I would classify as a ringing endorsement.

measurements are subjective.....just like the existence of the Tea Party is....

Seems to me a more appropriate metric would be the way Democrats bring up Palin and the Tea Party at absolutely every opportunity. The Democrats clearly recognize how to make the GOP and conservatism look bad, and they'll ride that horse as long as they can.

measurements are subjective.....just like the existence of the Tea Party is....

Kind of a contradiction in terms

Forum List

Back