🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gov George Wallace Got It Right

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
I never thought I would laud a progressive like Wallace. But I came across this speech and it was very prophetic. What a charismatic figure. Of course the brain dead lefties will comment without even listening to this.

I never thought I would laud a progressive like Wallace. But I came across this speech and it was very prophetic. What a charismatic figure. Of course the brain dead lefties will comment without even listening to this.

And what about that speech do you believe is prophetic? Specifically.

The G. Wallace on that stage would have lost a debate with the G. Wallace he eventually became. In the end he was a shameless panderer who said whatever it took to get votes. It is also interesting to see him talking just like a southern conservative, it's almost like all the dixiecrats became republicans.

I remember Mr. Wallace very well. As a photographer for my university newspaper I was close enough to full a frame with his face using a 50mm lens. Yes, he had a charisma and spoke as if he was sincere. I'm sure he believed what he was espousing.
At the time, I was not of the left or right, though the interesting issues and movements seemed to involve a lot more leftists than conservatives. I knew, however, that what he expressed was not the highest and best of the human spirit. Watching this clip brought back those memories and that impression.
The only thing he was prophetic about in the slightest way was that old mistakes would be repeated. To my deep regret, neither America nor the world in general has made genuine progress. We still cause all of our own problems by refusing to avail ourselves of our natural and greatest gifts. We refuse to open our minds and imaginings to the creativity we are capable of. Fear of change inevitably leads to fearful changes and fearsome results.

Wallace used the rhetoric of state's right's conservatism for racist ends. He failed, liberalism won, and blacks were then subjected to liberal federal govt which turned out as always to be the most destructive force on earth.

Walter E Williams Ph.D: "History is not going to be kind to liberals. With their mindless programs, they've managed to do to Black Americans what slavery, Reconstruction, and rank racism found impossible: destroy their family and work ethic."

Ronald Reagan: Isn't welfare a form of slavery

Even if it doesn't go perfectly, a qualitative difference remains between the well intentioned effort to help the down trodden and merely keeping them down.

The G. Wallace on that stage would have lost a debate with the G. Wallace he eventually became. In the end he was a shameless panderer who said whatever it took to get votes. It is also interesting to see him talking just like a southern conservative, it's almost like all the dixiecrats became republicans.

The Rabbi failed U.S. history.

He thinks the Dems were always on the left and the Pubs always right.

Even if it doesn't go perfectly, a qualitative difference remains between the well intentioned effort to help the down trodden and merely keeping them down.

yes at least the near genocide against American blacks that destroyed their families and work ethic was well intentioned indeed!!!

Wallace was a politician's politician. He stood on the steps of the Univ of Alabama trying to stop integration, and then carried the black vote in the next election. He never lost an election in which he finished. But he didn't give a damn about anything except his own agenda and the godd ol' boy network he built. Remnants of which are still effecting politics in Alabama.

In the end...are not ALL politicians guilty of pandering?

Keeping them down??? If blacks had been allowed to continue making the progress they were making in the 1950's they would be truly equal today, instead there are more blacks in prison today than there were slaves in 1860.

Republicans are not pandering at all. You don't here them offering instant magical Federal cures for anything. All they are offering is the freedom to run your own life, make your own mistakes, and learn from them or not.

Republicans are not pandering at all. You don't here them offering instant magical Federal cures for anything. All they are offering is the freedom to run your own life, make your own mistakes, and learn from them or not.
Pandering....The act of telling people what they want to hear for the purpose of getting something in return

Pandering....The act of telling people what they want to hear for the purpose of getting something in return

they want to hear that they are getting more crippling welfare entitlements and in return they vote for liberals!!

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-Benjamin Franklin

they want to hear that they are getting more crippling welfare entitlements and in return they vote for liberals!!

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
-Benjamin Franklin
Of course..You'll get no argument from me on that.
Lemme ask.....Where is it you think I am going with this.
Hint...Focus on the term "politician"...

-Benjamin Franklin
Of course..You'll get no argument from me on that.
Lemme ask.....Where is it you think I am going with this.
Hint...Focus on the term "politician"...

?????>?

Wallace used the rhetoric of state's right's conservatism for racist ends. He failed, liberalism won, and blacks were then subjected to liberal federal govt which turned out as always to be the most destructive force on earth.

Walter E Williams Ph.D: "History is not going to be kind to liberals. With their mindless programs, they've managed to do to Black Americans what slavery, Reconstruction, and rank racism found impossible: destroy their family and work ethic."

Ronald Reagan: Isn't welfare a form of slavery

Conservatives have such a remarkable talent for finding things that they think are worse than slavery.

Conservatives have such a remarkable talent for finding things that they think are worse than slavery.

Slavery was created as a good thing. Rather than kill you in war they would enslave you. Rather than let you starve to death they gave you away as a slave. In any case, it is amazing to hear black Ph.d economists describing liberalism as worse than slavery. How did we let the cancer of liberalism into our country?

Forum List

Back