Gov. Sarah Palin Exercises Common Sense Again: Says Troops Should Be Armed On Bases

And she is right again calling out a bad policy implemented by a democrat president. In Israel, ALL military are armed, off and on base..should be the same here..but of course the US has become wussified, especially under our latest putative president who is Constitutionally ineligible to hold the office. We wouldn't be having all these problems on U.S. bases if Palin was president. If she was she would revert back to the days when our military could carry sidearms on bases and defend themselves.
Sarah Palin: Allow troops to be armed on base - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com
there you pathological liars go again, trying to pass off George HW Bush off as a Democrat. He's all yours and he implemented the policy Feb 25, 1992.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a272176.pdf

And Clinton
Under a 1993 order passed by then-President Bill Clinton, carrying a private firearm on a military base was banned on military bases in the United States. Individuals could privately own firearms if they lived on base, but those firearms could not be carried on the person while on base. This order was revised on Pentagon orders in 2010, and now specifically requires that every private gun brought onto base be registered with the Military Police. The rules also require harsher enforcement of rules forbidding the carrying of private firearms on base.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r190_14.pdf

Did you notice the Date stamped on the that Document done by the Department of Defense (Feb.25,1992)? That date is when the Document was done under the Defense Department. It was not implemented until Clinton became President.
DTIC Electe ? Nov. 8, 1993
It was not done under President Bush it was done under President Clinton.

Last edited:
Having all soldiers walking around armed common sense..NOT
Many may be suffering from PTSD and other war related stress...which does not make for the presumption of stability and sound judgement arming all for safety would require.
By the bye...resigning from military service after completing a required stint IS NOT comparable to Palin quitting in mid-term....A more apt comparison is that of a military officer going AWOL and abandoning her/his soldiers in battle....I doubt any of those get honorifics.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Last edited:
Sarah Palin served 965 days as governor of Alaska, some 35 days shy of 1000 days in office which was the amound of days President Kennedy served in office. She accomplished every proposal she campaign on working with democrats. Obama only served 147 days as a Senator with zero executive experience voting present 95% on issues he had no clue on.

Obama was elected president.

JFK was shot.

Palin ran away.

Sarah Palin served 965 days as governor of Alaska, some 35 days shy of 1000 days in office which was the amound of days President Kennedy served in office. She accomplished every proposal she campaign on working with democrats. Obama only served 147 days as a Senator with zero executive experience voting present 95% on issues he had no clue on.

He was never constitutionally eligible.

It's a horrible idea. Military structure relies on heavy discipline. That means the higher ups yelling, screaming, and generally being a total ass to everyone underneath them. I've been in the military. All of the lower ranks are constantly pissed off and thinking "Just give me one shot at that asshole".

Not only that. But the military is a cross section of society, not it's own society. There are gangster wanna be, thieves, people with anger management issues, dumbass rednecks, and every other kind of dumb shit you can think of.

If I knew everyone on a military base was armed I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

He was never constitutionally eligible.

Only in a diseased birfer mind.

And your comment avoids your own argument.

And she is right again calling out a bad policy implemented by a democrat president. rl]

End Clinton-era military base gun ban

Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection. For the most part, only military police regularly carry firearms on base, and their presence is stretched thin by high demand for MPs in war zones."

Come on, by now you should know you can't trust anything from a Right-wing source, especially the Washington Slimes! The directive came from G H W Bush Feb 25, 1992 effective immediately. Clinton allowed public release of the Bush directive in 1993.

She is an idiot. But I agree with her on this one.

She is no idiot, but not ready for prime-time, either. I agree in arming soldiers on military bases and realize there will still be some violence [ we are no Israel ] between soldiers, but it won't be because they are sitting ducks.

And she is right again calling out a bad policy implemented by a democrat president. In Israel, ALL military are armed, off and on base..should be the same here..but of course the US has become wussified, especially under our latest putative president who is Constitutionally ineligible to hold the office. We wouldn't be having all these problems on U.S. bases if Palin was president. If she was she would revert back to the days when our military could carry sidearms on bases and defend themselves.
Sarah Palin: Allow troops to be armed on base - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com
there you pathological liars go again, trying to pass off George HW Bush off as a Democrat. He's all yours and he implemented the policy Feb 25, 1992.

And Clinton
Under a 1993 order passed by then-President Bill Clinton, carrying a private firearm on a military base was banned on military bases in the United States. Individuals could privately own firearms if they lived on base, but those firearms could not be carried on the person while on base. This order was revised on Pentagon orders in 2010, and now specifically requires that every private gun brought onto base be registered with the Military Police. The rules also require harsher enforcement of rules forbidding the carrying of private firearms on base.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r190_14.pdf

Did you notice the Date stamped on the that Document done by the Department of Defense (Feb.25,1992)? That date is when the Document was done under the Defense Department. It was not implemented until Clinton became President.
DTIC Electe ? Nov. 8, 1993
It was not done under President Bush it was done under President Clinton.
Once the Right sink their teeth into a lie, like a pit bull, they never let go. Even after I posted the directive, which states in section G, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY. The stamp you refer to is when Clinton made it public in 1993.

"G. EFFECTIVE DATE AND IMPLEMENTATION

1. This Directive is effective immediately."

Palin resigned. She was the governor and then she abandoned her position. She specifically quit being the governor. She sent in a signed letter saying she wasn't the governor anymore.

Again, it may not be the most correct title to use but it's not forbidden and folks have been doing it and will continue doing it for decades to come. She had the distinction of being a Governor so calling her Governor differentiates her from other folks who share her last name. Basically a non-issue.

Palin resigned. She was the governor and then she abandoned her position. She specifically quit being the governor. She sent in a signed letter saying she wasn't the governor anymore.

Again, it may not be the most correct title to use but it's not forbidden and folks have been doing it and will continue doing it for decades to come. She had the distinction of being a Governor so calling her Governor differentiates her from other folks who share her last name. Basically a non-issue.
I prefer to use such titles only for those who hold the office currently. Bill Clinton is Bill not President Clinton. The President is Obama.

I think LOTS of people in the news read this board. Just yesterday in the Shooting Ft Hood thread, I was informing y'all I had no clue that military bases do not have armed soldiers. Even my husband did not know that. So a few folks informed me that no....military bases have their arms locked up and have to call the local cops, sheriff, chp, etc. I thought that just stupid.

Late last night, on the news, they were commenting on military bases having to rely on chp, sheriff, cops...and most did not know military bases were weaponless. Same this morning.

Yup ... Libs and their bright ideas generally seem to backfire. No "leader" in his right mind would disarm his army unless he was missing a few marbles.

I prefer to use such titles only for those who hold the office currently. Bill Clinton is Bill not President Clinton. The President is Obama.

You and I may "prefer" to do one thing or another but others may "prefer" to do things another way. I'm not Governor Palin's number one fan but I would prefer Governor Palin over Barry Hussein.

You and I may "prefer" to do one thing or another but others may "prefer" to do things another way. I'm not Governor Palin's number one fan but I would prefer Governor Palin over Barry Hussein.
And I prefer President Obama over Pretty Panties Palin the Quitter. To each his own.

And I prefer President Obama.
Why would you support a man who is constitutionally ineligible to hold the office?

LOL. You are aware that ex-Presidents and ex-Governors across America are still called by their ex-titles -- aren't you? Folks call Huckabee, "Governor Huckabee" all the time even though he's now a talk-show host. Pretty common practice, actually. Bill Clinton is still referred to as "President Clinton." It may not be the most correct thing to do but folks have been doing it for decades.

Most retired military officers also resigned of their own accord as well. Doesn't change the common practice.

Keep on that point, though. It's super relevant to. . . anything.

It isn't really accurate to say Sarah Palin "retired" the same way a military officer "retires" after completing their service. She didn't complete her service. She took the job. She took the oath, then at some pointe she made a personal decision to quit. She abandoned her post. If that is the stuff of republican heroes, then go for it. However, she is the one who submitted the request not to be governor anymore.

Most retired military officers also resigned of their own accord as well. Doesn't change the common practice.

Keep on that point, though. It's super relevant to. . . anything.

It isn't really accurate to say Sarah Palin "retired" the same way a military officer "retires" after completing their service. She didn't complete her service. She took the job. She took the oath, then at some pointe she made a personal decision to quit. She abandoned her post. If that is the stuff of republican heroes, then go for it. However, she is the one who submitted the request not to be governor anymore.

What Palin did was very noble. After all she accomplished everything she set out to do for her fellow Alaskans achieving accomplishments the prior two governors were unable to do.

Forum List

Back