Gov. Sarah Palin Exercises Common Sense Again: Says Troops Should Be Armed On Bases

I like some of Palin's ideas, but I don't like how she has become an embarrassment for many conservatives. We need some more articulate and knowledgable conservatives out there in the public eye.

I like some of Palin's ideas, but I don't like how she has become an embarrassment for many conservatives. We need some more articulate and knowledgable conservatives out there in the public eye.

We need people that fight for efficacy and common sense. NOT CUT, SLASH AND FUCK!

And she is right again calling out a bad policy implemented by a democrat president. In Israel, ALL military are armed, off and on base..should be the same here..but of course the US has become wussified, especially under our latest putative president who is Constitutionally ineligible to hold the office. We wouldn't be having all these problems on U.S. bases if Palin was president. If she was she would revert back to the days when our military could carry sidearms on bases and defend themselves.

Sarah Palin: Allow troops to be armed on base - Lucy McCalmont - POLITICO.com
Sorry Sarah, but the military has a deep love of gun control. Ironic, I know.
Is that a problem with you?
Nope. Everyone believes in gun control since there are always people they don't want to have them.

"Gov. Sarah Palin"? She resigned halfway through her term. She quit. She isn't a Governor anymore.

True. But having held the office she's entitled to be called "Governor". Besides, the use of "Governor" is a powerful emetic; very useful in purging liberals of hate.
Half-governor in her case. Half-assed is about right for her.

Last edited:
Sorry Sarah, but the military has a deep love of gun control. Ironic, I know.
Is that a problem with you?
Nope. Everyone believes in gun control since there are always people they don't want to have them.

Depends on what you mean by gun control.

If you mean that I would condone the government taking guns away from the proper people, you are mistaken. Though I've met plenty of people who I don't believe should own anything sharper than a plastic spoon, I don't trust any governing body to faithfully and honestly (and competently!) distinguish between who should and shouldn't have access to a firearm. The power would be abused and I'm not comfortable with that. There's a reason why playing politics is referred to as playing politics. It's an activity made popular by politicians. I say give them as little power as possible in general.

Last edited:
And she is right again calling out a bad policy implemented by a democrat president. In Israel, ALL military are armed, off and on base..should be the same here..but of course the US has become wussified, especially under our latest putative president who is Constitutionally ineligible to hold the office. We wouldn't be having all these problems on U.S. bases if Palin was president. If she was she would revert back to the days when our military could carry sidearms on bases and defend themselves.

She's an idiot. Two incidents of this kind on a military base, and she thinks the military should be doing things differently than they have probably been doing it for 100 years.

Using her kind of logic, we should arm the people who work in schools, movie theatres, shopping malls, post offices, fast food restaurants, office buildings, etc. and so on: essentially, arm everyone and allow weapons to be carried everywhere and to arm all the people who work in just about professions. Cool. She's a brilliant one she is.

Last edited:

She's an idiot. Two incidents of this kind on a military base, and she thinks the military should be doing things differently than they have probably been doing it for 100 years.

Using her kind of logic, we should arm the people who work in schools, movie theatres, shopping malls, post offices, fast food restaurants, office buildings, etc. and so on: essentially, arm everyone and allow weapons to be carried everywhere and to arm all the people who work in just about profession. Cool. She's a brilliant one she is.

You're a brilliant one, too. Drafted by George HW Bush and implemented by, I think, Bill Clinton, in 1992. Whichever one of those two presidents was responsible (didn't really care for either), one thing's for certain. The '90's certainly weren't 100 years ago.

Way to base your opinion on a completely arbitrary assumption, though. You should've been a scientist or a philosopher or something.

^^^
Whether is has been 100 years or 20+ years is not the issue. One issue is that you don't completely change the way something is done because of 2 situations or events. That is not good, logical reasoning. Another issue is the desire of many to arm everyone in every enviroment. That is not going to stop the violence and may well escalate it. Also, it is a bandaid response. The real thing that needs to happen is prevention. Fundamental changes need to be made to stop work place violence such as this and other instances of mass shootings.

As far as Israel. They have completely different security issues than does America. What may be a valid solution for them is not a valid or reasonable solution for America.

Using her kind of logic, we should arm the people who work in schools, movie theatres, shopping malls, post offices, fast food restaurants, office buildings, etc. and so on: essentially, arm everyone and allow weapons to be carried everywhere and to arm all the people who work in just about professions. Cool. She's a brilliant one she is.
Yes she is brilliant and her logic is sound. She realizes the 2nd Amendment shouldn't be infringed in any situation, especially when it comes to our soldiers who swear a oath to defend the Constitution.

Last edited:
Palin is wrong, period. Ft Hood is the size of a mid-size city. You can't have troops running around armed on a military reservation except for specified training missions.

The only question here is that of police response. How long from the beginning of the shootings until the police arrived?

That is the only question of importance.

Sarah Palin never "became" an embarrassment. She was MADE into one by liberal media nobodies and their brainwashed acolytes, such as you can see on this board, who were, right from the start yapping and snapping at her heels, reminiscent of the midgets yapping and snapping at captured Biblical strongman, Samson, in the epic movie "Samson and Delilah".

Those midget were using jaw bones of asses.

These mental midgets of today are also using jaw bones of asses. Of their own.

"Gov. Sarah Palin"? She resigned halfway through her term. She quit. She isn't a Governor anymore.

LOL. You are aware that ex-Presidents and ex-Governors across America are still called by their ex-titles -- aren't you? Folks call Huckabee, "Governor Huckabee" all the time even though he's now a talk-show host. Pretty common practice, actually. Bill Clinton is still referred to as "President Clinton." It may not be the most correct thing to do but folks have been doing it for decades.

The ones who served a full term their constituents expected them to.

Sarah Palin never "became" an embarrassment. She was MADE into one by liberal media nobodies and their brainwashed acolytes, such as you can see on this board, who were, right from the start yapping and snapping at her heels, reminiscent of the midgets yapping and snapping at captured Biblical strongman, Samson, in the epic movie "Samson and Delilah".

Oh, of course, Sarah Palin isn't an embaarrassment, an ignorant, unintelligent fool; she just plays one on TV. Gotcha.

LOL. You are aware that ex-Presidents and ex-Governors across America are still called by their ex-titles -- aren't you? Folks call Huckabee, "Governor Huckabee" all the time even though he's now a talk-show host. Pretty common practice, actually. Bill Clinton is still referred to as "President Clinton." It may not be the most correct thing to do but folks have been doing it for decades.

The ones who served a full term their constituents expected them to.

Sarah Palin served 965 days as governor of Alaska, some 35 days shy of 1000 days in office which was the amound of days President Kennedy served in office. She accomplished every proposal she campaign on working with democrats. Obama only served 147 days as a Senator with zero executive experience voting present 95% on issues he had no clue on.

And she is right again calling out a bad policy implemented by a democrat president. rl]

End Clinton-era military base gun ban

Among President Clinton’s first acts upon taking office in 1993 was to disarm U.S. soldiers on military bases. In March 1993, the Army imposed regulations forbidding military personnel from carrying their personal firearms and making it almost impossible for commanders to issue firearms to soldiers in the U.S. for personal protection. For the most part, only military police regularly carry firearms on base, and their presence is stretched thin by high demand for MPs in war zones."

Oh, of course, Sarah Palin isn't an embaarrassment, an ignorant, unintelligent fool; she just plays one on TV. Gotcha.

If she is playing an ignorant and unintelligent fool on TV she is doing about as lousy and unconvincing job at it as Obama plays at being president.

You, on the other hand look, talk and smell like the aforementioned jaw bone snapping mental midgets, because, undoubtedly, you are one.

Palin is wrong, period. Ft Hood is the size of a mid-size city. You can't have troops running around armed on a military reservation except for specified training missions.

The only question here is that of police response. How long from the beginning of the shootings until the police arrived?

That is the only question of importance.

Possibly they need a larger military police presence. I have lived in a small country that has certain internal threats. They have a strong police presence in evidence. It is comforting to the populace in general and prevents incidents of violence. If you are a law abiding resident or citizen of the country, the strong police presence doesn't bother you. They are not looking for petty crime or traffic issues; they are only there to show those who are intent on violence of some kind that they are there and not to try anything.

Forum List

Back